Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 2: Patriots at Saints

This one is going to be ugly.
    Last edited by iamaj; 09-14-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Saints defense was decent in preseason and at times against the Vikings. Saints have had some success against the Patriots before. Everyone in the galaxy expects this to be a Brady massacre on the Saints.

This is how I see the possible outcomes .

Saints either play ok keep it close because Pat's focus on running the ball.
    Or
    Saints get killed by Bradys arm.
    Or
    Saints Offense gets hot and it's a shootout.
    Or
    Saints run game shows up and defense and Pat's do the same. It turns into a running game.
    Or
    Saints defense and offense show up and shock everyone by beating the Pats.

Because of some flashes I saw against the Vikings, Saints preseason D, closeness with Pats organization, Saints history vs Pat's, Saints at home, Saints do well against TEs, Pat's depleted WR Corp, and Pat's performance against Chiefs.

I am going to sum all of this up and estimate Saints squeak out a surprising win on a late game big play.

Saints 27 Pats 26 X Factor of the game Tommy Lee Lewis
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I will predict this though Saints will cream demolish the very next team they play that's not elite I fully expect that to be the Panthers.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 09-15-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I don't consider the Vikings to be elite at all.

The Saints will have better chances to score, but the offense either needs a slot WR to step up or rely more on Fleener over the middle. Snead made a difference.

Brady is down a few weapons, but they put up 27 on a good defense. I see:

Patriots - 42
    Saints - 30
    Last edited by iamaj; 09-15-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:31852342
    I don't consider the Vikings to be elite at all.

The Saints will have better chances to score, but the offense either needs a slot WR to step up or rely more on Fleener over the middle. Snead made a difference.

Brady is down a few weapons, but they put up 27 on a good defense. I see:

Patriots - 42
    Saints - 30
    Yea I meant to put *next team they play that's not elite. The Saints may not be that good but I think you can tell the the players are sick of the losses and that makes them very dangerous when they face someone they can beat athletically. Especially if they lose at home to Pat's they will be pissed because they will know what 0-2 typically leads to. And if they win confidence will be super high. It's kind of a win win.

Everyone thinks they suck anyway so either they keep losing or come out firing with a point to prove everyone wrong.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I will be highly surprised if the Pats put up less then 40 points. The Saints defense will be absolutely torched to the point I am thinking of picking up any FA Pat in my FFL. Remember Brady is vengeful and Cooks will see the endzone at least once especially if Devantae "Prep the Aloe Vera" Harris is following him around.

With that being said the Saints can also put up points on any defense that doesn't have 5 pro bowlers. I totally expect a shoot out. Brees is going to feast on Gilmore and the run game is going to come up big in this one I just have a feeling on that even though I could be wrong.

45 Pats
    37 Saints

I hate picking against the Saints.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Mistakes not lack of athleticism led to the big plays against the Vikings. I fully expect the Saints Defense to play as well as they did in the preseason.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I just wish the Saints could have a healthy O-line.

Last week I was completely wrong about special teams deciding things. Today it's defense, like it usually is.

Same story: Opponents convert 3rd downs at will.

Can't cover anyone. Burkhead burns Anzalone. Let the track meet begin.

0-6

The defense is trying hard but they just don't have the talent or coaching yet. This has always been the issue during the Payton era.
    Unfortunately, the majority of the cap was/is being spent on the offense. Which is judging from the first game is just and bad or worse than the defense.
    I hope this is a long season so we can move past the Loomis and Payton era. This 7-9 B.S. has to stop.

Peat slid over to LT and Ram at RT. I'm okay with this.

Offense dies again on the opponent's side of the field. New England scores TDs, and the Saints settle for FGs. Not saying the game is over, yet, but this is bad. Peterson is killing the rhythm. I think moving on with Ingram and Kamara is the play.

Pathetic!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast