View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

2 100.00%
  • Denver Broncos

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Week 2: Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Denver Broncos (1-0)

Lmao. Oh geez..

Fact is the Cowboys defense is still really bad and really injured. They also got severally out coached today in pretty much all fazes of the game. Tank Lawrence was pretty much the only bright spot. I actually expect them to win next weekend against the Cards but they have some really tough games coming up. This season could get really ugly really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I mean at least in 2013 it was against Peyton Manning in his best year ever. We are making Siemian look like freaking the best QB of all time out there. It is so frustrating to watch after how well they played last week.
    It's ok, we were up against Trevor Montanna today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Fact is the Cowboys defense is still really bad and really injured. They also got severally out coached today in pretty much all fazes of the game. Tank Lawrence was pretty much the only bright spot. I actually expect them to win next weekend against the Cards but they have some really tough games coming up. This season could get really ugly really fast.
    I think they have been trying to hide the weakness of the defensive roster, with running the ball, etc. I guess with the limitation on that side of the ball, talentwise, there's only so much you can do.

Hang in there everyone. Knee jerk reactions abound. I think we will be fine in this division. So we win the division with a 10 and 6 record rather than 13 and 3. I never thought we would go undefeated. Also I have a random variation probability theory of all athletic competition that goes like this:
    - each team has a range of play that is dictated by the talent potential
    - a team's play in any game will fall in that range
    - as the number of games (sample size) goes to infinity you end up with a normal bell shape distribution
    - obviously a very good team's regression to the mean of average play would skew to the right and be better than a poor team's average play
    - any contest between 2 teams is the result of the random variation and overlay of each team's play potential curve
    - Denver played at the far right side of their curve overlaid with Dallas playing on the left side (poor play) of the performance potential curve

The universe is dictated by math....

I think it just came down to Denver exploiting our weaknesses and the Cowboys not exploiting theirs enough. The coach's are just going to have get in that film room and figure it out. We have the best o line, some really explosive offensive players and a QB that takes care of the ball (other than this game). The Giants are in a far worse position and almost every analyst was picking them to be beating us and taking the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Hang in there everyone. Knee jerk reactions abound. I think we will be fine in this division. So we win the division with a 10 and 6 record rather than 13 and 3. I never thought we would go undefeated. Also I have a random variation probability theory of all athletic competition that goes like this:
    - each team has a range of play that is dictated by the talent potential
    - a team's play in any game will fall in that range
    - as the number of games (sample size) goes to infinity you end up with a normal bell shape distribution
    - obviously a very good team's regression to the mean of average play would skew to the right and be better than a poor team's average play
    - any contest between 2 teams is the result of the random variation and overlay of each team's play potential curve
    - Denver played at the far right side of their curve overlaid with Dallas playing on the left side (poor play) of the performance potential curve

The universe is dictated by math....
    I agree for the most part. It isn't just random coincidence though. Denver, like Rocket said above, was well suited to exploit us and our defense played bad enough to allow their offense to make plays. Most games we will play better though, I agree.

i needed a few days so I wouldnt over react. take this one on the chin, learn from it, be humbled. come out monday vs AZ and play much better.

we got beat, we got destroyed, nothing was good. it is what it is, eat a big piece of humble pie. its honestly probably what this team needs

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    i needed a few days so I wouldnt over react. take this one on the chin, learn from it, be humbled. come out monday vs AZ and play much better.

we got beat, we got destroyed, nothing was good. it is what it is, eat a big piece of humble pie. its honestly probably what this team needs
    Yeah they need a reality check that's for sure. Zeke needs to get focused on football again, he seems lacking explosiveness these first few games. Maybe just tough defenses, but he hasn't had any big plays through two games which is odd for him.

If we beat Arizona people will once again say how nobody needed to overreact. The media overreacts because they are trying to drive up views and ratings. Their team analyses are beyond ridiculous IMO. ESPN does a decent job reporting news when it comes on and giving analysis to that but everything else is just sensationalism.

The cowboys seem to have a bend but don't break defense. They're built on not giving up the big play and giving up short passes. I think this fit right into Denvers hand. They don't have big play weapons and were able to be patient with short passes all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah they need a reality check that's for sure. Zeke needs to get focused on football again, he seems lacking explosiveness these first few games. Maybe just tough defenses, but he hasn't had any big plays through two games which is odd for him.

If we beat Arizona people will once again say how nobody needed to overreact. The media overreacts because they are trying to drive up views and ratings. Their team analyses are beyond ridiculous IMO. ESPN does a decent job reporting news when it comes on and giving analysis to that but everything else is just sensationalism.
    You're right it is a overreaction. The truth is the cowboys lost a road game that was a non divisional game that won't hurt in most tiebreakers at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    You're right it is a overreaction. The truth is the cowboys lost a road game that was a non divisional game that won't hurt in most tiebreakers at the end of the year.
    Yep. They lost to a team with a great defense in a tough place to play. They should have played better, but all teams have a bad game once in a while. Even the mighty Patriots played bad week 1 only to kill it last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Also the Eagles and Giants lost. This 1 loss doesn't really hurt them in the standings. The entire team got ***** slapped by the Broncos. Even Zack Martin and Sean Lee had bad games. That almost never happens. This game just reminds them that they're not as good as they think they are. They have not arrived yet. Time to get to work and focus on the Cards. Zeke needs to get his head out of his ***. He needs to talk to Romo to understand that all those fans that love him will turn on him in a heartbeat if he starts showing he's not 100% dedicated to football (even if it's just perceived).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Also the Eagles and Giants lost. This 1 loss doesn't really hurt them in the standings. The entire team got ***** slapped by the Broncos. Even Zack Martin and Sean Lee had bad games. That almost never happens. This game just reminds them that they're not as good as they think they are. They have not arrived yet. Time to get to work and focus on the Cards. Zeke needs to get his head out of his ***. He needs to talk to Romo to understand that all those fans that love him will turn on him in a heartbeat if he starts showing he's not 100% dedicated to football (even if it's just perceived).
    Good point on Romo lol.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456