View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

2 100.00%
  • Denver Broncos

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Week 2: Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Denver Broncos (1-0)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Denver Broncos
    9/17/2017 4:25 PM EST
    Sports Authority Field
    Statistical Highlights
    Dak Prescott Yards: 268 TDs: 1 INTs: 0 RATING: 90.5 Trevor Siemian Yards: 219 TDs: 2 INTs: 1 RATING: 94.2 Ezekiel Elliott Yards: 104 TDs: 0 Attempts: 24 YPC: 4.3 C.J. Anderson Yards: 81 TDs: 0 Attempts: 20 YPC: 4.1 Dez Bryant Yards: 43 TDs: 0 Catches: 2 YPC: 21.5 Demaryius Thomas Yards: 67 TDs: 0 Catches: 5 YPC: 13.4 Cole Beasley Yards: 32 TDs: 0 Receptions: 3 YPC: 10.7 Emmanuel Sanders Yards: 26 TDs: 0 Receptions: 3 YPC: 8.7 Jason Witten Yards: 59 TDs: 1 Catches: 7 YPC: 8.4 Rhett Ellison Yards: 44 TDs: 0 Catches: 1 YPC: 44.0

Big game again this week. If our defense can continue to play at a high level, I like our chances to come away with a pretty solid victory this week.

For us, it will come down to establishing the run game early and often and then having Dak avoid a slow start and throw with more accuracy that he did last week. Denver is a bit weak against the run so if we can establish that and then get the play action working we should be able to succeed in the passing game too. If they are able to keep our run game contained then it will be much more of a slug fest with them because they have very good corners and will be able to rush Dak without hesitation (which we don't want Von Miller going wild on us). It all starts with our run game against these guys.

Defensively, we will need to continue getting pressure on the QB. We saw last week what some consistent pressure can do for our defensive backs. If we can do that again, we will be golden because their offense isn't all that explosive with Siemian running the show. If we can't pressure him, though, then we will be exposed because they still have talented WRs. Their line isn't great, but it's not as bad as the Giants so we will need D-Law to continue his high energy play and hope that Charlton can maybe make a play or two. I like what I saw from Jaylon Smith and Paea last week too.

In the end, I think we will be able to establish the run against a team that ranked 28th against it last year. They did well in that department against the Chargers last week but we are a different beast altogether. I can see Zeke running for around 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. Dak throws for 250 and another 2 touchdowns. Our defense plays well enough for us to come out on top.

PREDICTION: Cowboys, 31-21.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Big game again this week. If our defense can continue to play at a high level, I like our chances to come away with a pretty solid victory this week.

For us, it will come down to establishing the run game early and often and then having Dak avoid a slow start and throw with more accuracy that he did last week. Denver is a bit weak against the run so if we can establish that and then get the play action working we should be able to succeed in the passing game too. If they are able to keep our run game contained then it will be much more of a slug fest with them because they have very good corners and will be able to rush Dak without hesitation (which we don't want Von Miller going wild on us). It all starts with our run game against these guys.

Defensively, we will need to continue getting pressure on the QB. We saw last week what some consistent pressure can do for our defensive backs. If we can do that again, we will be golden because their offense isn't all that explosive with Siemian running the show. If we can't pressure him, though, then we will be exposed because they still have talented WRs. Their line isn't great, but it's not as bad as the Giants so we will need D-Law to continue his high energy play and hope that Charlton can maybe make a play or two. I like what I saw from Jaylon Smith and Paea last week too.

In the end, I think we will be able to establish the run against a team that ranked 28th against it last year. They did well in that department against the Chargers last week but we are a different beast altogether. I can see Zeke running for around 120 yards and 2 touchdowns. Dak throws for 250 and another 2 touchdowns. Our defense plays well enough for us to come out on top.

PREDICTION: Cowboys, 31-21.
    I really see this game going very similar to the Giants game. It's going to be a low scoring grind it out kind of game.

The Broncos weakness is their Offensive tackles. Also Ron Leary is in the concussion protocol and may not play this week. According to one of the Denver radio stations his backup is not very good. Lawrence could have another big game. Tapper will have some opportunities to make some plays too.

On offense I think this is a perfect game for Cole Beasley. He's going to be singled the entire game. He should be able to get open. I also think this is a game where Witten could do extremely well. I would be surprised if Dez has a good game. Aqib Talib is a perfect matchup for him (for the Broncos).

If the Cowboys are able to control the line of scrimmage and pound the ball with Zeke and eat up the clock (which I expect they will be able to) they should be able to dominate them like they did the Giants.

I liked the strategy that the Cowboys had early on in the Giant game. They basically made it so the Giants defense couldn't substitute early on and were kept on the field for an extended period.... the defense looked gassed. The games we won last year, we pretty much controlled the clock...and I think it would help our pass rush because they'd be fresh to tee up on the quarterback. Beasely seems to get open a lot so he could really make big plays.

So, what's the timetable of all the guys that are missing on defense (from suspensions etc)....when do they come back? Is Scandrick ok?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    So, what's the timetable of all the guys that are missing on defense (from suspensions etc)....when do they come back? Is Scandrick ok?
    Scandrick isn't playing. They haven't said anything about TWill yet. Chido and Jordan practiced all week but Byron Jones tweaked his groin. Woods and Frazier will likely get a chance to play heavier minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Scandrick isn't playing. They haven't said anything about TWill yet. Chido and Jordan practiced all week but Byron Jones tweaked his groin. Woods and Frazier will likely get a chance to play heavier minutes.
    Do we have some pass rushers coming back from suspension? How good do you think this defense can be at full force? Marinelli has done a lot with what he has.

Do we have some pass rushers coming back from suspension? How good do you think this defense can be at full force? Marinelli has done a lot with what he has.
    No pass rushers this week. Damontre Moore will be back for week 3 (Cardinals) and David Irving comes back week 5 (Packers). Both should help the pass rush tremendously. I'm anxious to see Irving lining up next to Maliek Collins. They should be able to create some havoc for teams. Moore was also the best pass rusher in camp. They still lack Jerry's "war daddy" but they really do have a good rotation of guys along that DL.

The big question mark is the young guys in the secondary. Brown can obviously play but Chido and Jordan need to get healthy and stay healthy. We really know absolutely nothing about either player.

No pass rushers this week. Damontre Moore will be back for week 3 (Cardinals) and David Irving comes back week 5 (Packers). Both should help the pass rush tremendously. I'm anxious to see Irving lining up next to Maliek Collins. They should be able to create some havoc for teams. Moore was also the best pass rusher in camp. They still lack Jerry's "war daddy" but they really do have a good rotation of guys along that DL.

The big question mark is the young guys in the secondary. Brown can obviously play but Chido and Jordan need to get healthy and stay healthy. We really know absolutely nothing about either player.
    I think D Law can still be a war daddy, especially if he can stay healthy and motivated. He has always had the talent. I can see him being a 12 sack guy.

I sure wish we had Irving now. Every now and then, he becomes a beast--wish he'd do that every game. I had the impression Moore was strong too, though i can't remember if it was watching the camp on the NFL network or in preseason games. Brown looks very athletic and aggressive out there. I think the real test is when we face a high octane passing team a la Aaron Rodgers....and forgot if our schedule includes Falcons or not. Maybe, Marinelli can build a war daddy in house. There have been teams that have built a war daddy in house, even the Cowboys...3rd round or lower who turned out to become stars through hard work and focus on technique. There were parts of the game, our line did better than expected, really pushing the Giants back into Eli.

By the way, Mr. B. what did you think of the decision to let go some of our secondary like Mo Claiborne, Carr, and our starting safety?

By the way, Mr. B. what did you think of the decision to let go some of our secondary like Mo Claiborne, Carr, and our starting safety?
    I loved it. I couldn't stand any of those guys. Church was the only one I might have kept but even he's average at best. The young guys definitely have a lot of potential but they have to prove that it's more than just potential.

They're going to be seriously tested this season starting today. The rest of the AFC West has some big time WR's too then consider they also have the Falcons and Packers on the schedule.

needed more spacing, Beas' defender bailed him out
    Yankees Farm System

god I hate Carroll, can we find a way to bench him pleaseeeeee
    Yankees Farm System

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast