Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bruins Sign David Pastrnak; 6 Years; 40M -- 6.6 AAV

Darren Dreger‏ @DarrenDreger
    Pastrnak extension with Bruins is complete. 6 years, $40 million. $6.6667 aav.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Beat me to the punch. I'm happy with this deal.
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

****ing steal. Sweeney did a great job here. 6.6 AAV going forward for the next 6 years? Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    ****ing steal. Sweeney did a great job here. 6.6 AAV going forward for the next 6 years? Sign me up.
    I thought for sure it'd be around 7.5...what a bargain
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

Great deal. Wish it could have been for 8 years, but 6 @ 6.67 is certainly welcomed.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Great deal for both parties! Sweeney keeps young talent at a reasonable price, and Pasta gets to test the market again when he is 27 and in his prime.

So Bruins top line, assuming Pastrnak plays with Marchand/Bergeron will be ~19.5M dollars.

Once again Sweeney does a fantastic job. What I mean by that is he's locked of two of Boston best players for what PC is going to pay McDavid after this season.

Marchand & Pasta = $12.8 million per

McDavid = $12.5 million per

Seriously, I don't understand how people can still call out Sweeney when he's done such an amazing job in just over 2 years as the GM.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Once again Sweeney does a fantastic job. What I mean by that is he's locked of two of Boston best players for what PC is going to pay McDavid after this season.

Marchand & Pasta = $12.8 million per

McDavid = $12.5 million per

Seriously, I don't understand how people can still call out Sweeney when he's done such an amazing job in just over 2 years as the GM.
    Wow really puts that into perspective

Thank you sween.

Now sign McA and Carlo
    Unleash the Pasta!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Wow really puts that into perspective

Thank you sween.

Now sign McA and Carlo
    Luckily that doesn't need to happen for two more years. Do have to wonder after this season though if they begin talks. If both guys explode year 3, then we could be looking at some serious raises against our cap.

Awesome contract. He's a very underrated negotiator... only bad contract has been backes imo and my gut feeling is that signing was motivated by ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Great deal , wish he could have stretched another year or 2 though even 7m over 8 years I'd have been happy with just glad it's done though . I'd put the belesky signing in the bad contracts category as well though

Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    Great deal , wish he could have stretched another year or 2 though even 7m over 8 years I'd have been happy with just glad it's done though . I'd put the belesky signing in the bad contracts category as well though
    Why cause he struggled after coming of a major injury and when he did return he was bounced around the line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by neely borque View Post
    Beleskey was a great signing at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 but honestly 3.9M is like 3rd liner type of money and he was seen mostly as a locked in middle 6 player... unfortunately he hasn't worked out yet, but I can't fault Sweeney for that one, not like he was wreckless with that signing. The Backes one to me stood out more because most felt it was more of an overpayment at the time.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Beleskey was a great signing at the time. Hindsight is 20/20 but honestly 3.9M is like 3rd liner type of money and he was seen mostly as a locked in middle 6 player... unfortunately he hasn't worked out yet, but I can't fault Sweeney for that one, not like he was wreckless with that signing. The Backes one to me stood out more because most felt it was more of an overpayment at the time.

I don't know why people still have gripes about the Backes deal to be honest. I'd like to ask people if they think the clubhouse and the overall attitude of the team changed last year. I'm not saying Backes is the sole reason, but IT DID CHANGE. You can see it on the ice and off the ice. There was accountability, leadership, and overall more grit. As much Backes was a hockey signing, he was also just brought in for just overall impact he'd have on a team on and off the ice.

Additionally, I think he looks more comfortable this year because that's just naturally what happens. I don't think the concussion helped him last year either. I'd love to see him play center, but that might be a pipe dream now, seeing there is a logjam. I do hope that we get him paired up with some good offensive talent though.

Haters gonna hate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast