Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Josh Gordon out of rehab, hoping for NFL return

He can apply this fall for reinstatement. With the word of Montgomery behind him, as well as his choice to live with his business manager, Gordon has put himself in as good position as he can to hope for his reinstatement. The question is, who takes the risk on Gordon?

Suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon returned to rehab in June to try to show the NFL he was worthy of reinstatement and will end his treatment on Sept. 21, former Olympian Tim Montgomery, who trains the wide receiver, told cleveland.com.

This is believed to be the fourth time Gordon has entered treatment, according to cleveland.com.

When the NFL denied Gordon's bid for reinstatement in May, the league told the Cleveland Browns receiver that he could apply again in the fall. Montgomery, who told the website that he was "devastated" when Gordon was denied reinstatement in May, says he and Gordon are hoping that three months in rehab will convince the league to accept him back this time.

"He's been clean, so we're hoping after 90 days he's reinstated and they put him back in the league, which it looks like they're going to do that,'' Montgomery told the website.

Montgomery, who has had his own drug problems but now uses his past mistakes as basis to help others, said he believes the reason Gordon was turned down in May was because he missed drug tests because he wouldn't answer his phone. Montgomery told cleveland.com that Gordon "sabotages his success" and "gets in his own way" sometimes.

Montgomery told the website that from "where Josh comes from, marijuana is considered like a cigarette" and that before Gordon got clean he turned to drinking when he was told he couldn't smoke.

Montgomery told cleveland.com that he met with Gordon two weeks ago when the receiver was on a day pass from rehab. Montgomery said that Gordon weighs about 231 pounds now and didn't drop a pass during their training session at Montgomery's NUMA Speed, located in Gainesville, Florida. Gordon also lives in Gainesville, with his business manager, Michael Johnson.

"From what I've seen, he's in a different place than what he was six, seven months ago,'' Montgomery told the website. "He's come a long, long way from when we first started working together.''

Gordon, 26, has not played in a game since Dec. 21, 2014. He has been suspended for 43 of the Browns' past 48 games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...n-hopes-return

Arizona would be a good spot for him

Pats
    2015/2017 Superbowl Champs

Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Jags, Titans, Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Panthers, Seahawks, Rams, 49ers, Cardinals

There. I've saved everyone the time of entering their own favorite team into the thread.

It sounded like the Browns were willing to give him another chance from what I had read.
    Yankees Farm System

He could go to the crimson tide
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Honestly it's not Pace's style. But Chicago is truly the most needy team in the NFL at the Wide receiver position. And if the guys in the locker room can help keep his head on straight then he would be a hell of an addition. What a story it would be. Mitch would have his number 1 for years to come.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Bears are a team that could use anyone at receiver. Idk what happens with him. But he would instantly be the top dog with cam amd white down.

That said. Im not expecting anything.

It's a joke he's been suspended like he has. Entirely his fault, but still a joke.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Chiefs, Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Jags, Titans, Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears, Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Panthers, Seahawks, Rams, 49ers, Cardinals

There. I've saved everyone the time of entering their own favorite team into the thread.
    Your best post ever.

Should go back to Cleveland and play with Kizer. That would make sense.

I was just moseying in here to post the Bears could use him.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I was gonna say we don't want him but I remember GB fans a while back saying let's trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Your best post ever.
    I hope he copy and pasted that list lol

Steelers already got 2 druggies. No need for a hat trick.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast