Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is it an automatic that Harvey should be offered arbitration next year?

I understand he will be further removed from injury and entering a contract year but he's basically been a shell of his former self since 2016. The velocity sucks, the command/control sucks, and he is being hit hard with a ton of regularity. Not to mention he is due for a raise.

So should we bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I understand he will be further removed from injury and entering a contract year but he's basically been a shell of his former self since 2016. The velocity sucks, the command/control sucks, and he is being hit hard with a ton of regularity. Not to mention he is due for a raise.

We need arms so yeah. Worst nightmare is if he figures it out with someone else.No expectations though..
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Should be in the bullpen along with Wheeler

I'd give Wheeler another shot in the rotation. Harvey I believe is finished as an effective starter.

Wheeler should still start. Harvey should start the retirement process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Wheeler should still start. Harvey should start the retirement process.

Not with Scott Boras as his agent. He'll come up with some numbers and and sell the sizzle.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Not with Scott Boras as his agent. He'll come up with some numbers and and sell the sizzle.
    The way Harvey is pitching there is no sizzle. Its just the drizzling ***** and the drizzling ***** doesn't get paid. I understand Harvey will be motivated but his arm could be betraying him at this point.

I advocqted trading him this spring because his trade value was going to diminish during the course of the season. BUT at this low point I would keep him under contract because he can probably only get better. Even Ollie Perez bounced back and became serviceable. A one-year deal is worth the risk.

Plus if they non tender him he will become a FA and sign with the Yankees!!! --- the worst fear of multitudes of Mets fans.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

He should be offer d arbitration, but should not be given anything else.

History will repeat itself.

The Mets won't offer anything and Harvey will sign with the Gnats and post a 0.9000 WHIP and lead the majors in many pitching categories. His new nickname will become the Fruit Fly of the Beltway and everyone will love him there.

Meanwhile, Coupon will unleash his couponmetrics and tell us that he predicted Harvey's upcoming success and that the Wilpons are cheap.

The Gnats will then bomb in the playoffs like they do every year.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    History will repeat itself.

The Mets won't offer anything and Harvey will sign with the Gnats and post a 0.9000 WHIP and lead the majors in many pitching categories. His new nickname will become the Fruit Fly of the Beltway and everyone will love him there.

Meanwhile, Coupon will unleash his couponmetrics and tell us that he predicted Harvey's upcoming success and that the Wilpons are cheap.

The Gnats will then bomb in the playoffs like they do every year.

Yes to arbitration.

It is worth the financial risk to see if he's healthy and can produce when motivated by selfish contract-year interests.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Should be in the bullpen along with Wheeler
    I would trade Wheeler for Profar.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would trade Wheeler for Profar.
    That's a fair trade. Crappy player with potential for another crappy player with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Yes to arbitration.

It is worth the financial risk to see if he's healthy and can produce when motivated by selfish contract-year interests.
    Exactly

The things you may gain are that he pitches well and helps you in making the playoff.

Pitches well and team is bad and can be dealt. We need more relievers.

If he pitches bad, well that's that.

Not that it will ever happen, but would like it if they tried to make him a reliever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast