Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win this matchup?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buffalo Bills

0 0%
  • Carolina Panthers

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    What does it matter what Watkins is doing in LA? It was understood that he was going to a worse QB situation than he had here, which is saying something. I'm not about to judge Watkins on what he's done thus far. His catch percentage is 100. He's caught 7 out of 7 targets. He's better than what we have. It's time to let that debate go already.
    Yup not sure what it would prove anyway. The Bills have a bigger WR issue now than they've had before, even with Watkins hurt. That's the only fair comparison to make and the only comparison that matters.
    Last edited by smood999; 09-19-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Woods is better than Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I think the issue is the WR's. After all of those key drops the coaching staff didn't have confidence in them. Tyrod could pass all day but no point if the WR's drop every pass that counts.
    That is what I thought at first, but the running game wasn't working either and they stuck with that. You would think that McCoy running into a brick wall over and over again, they would give the passing game more of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yup not sure what it would prove anyway. The Bills have a bigger WR issue now than they've had before, even with Watkins hurt. That's the only fair comparison to make and the only comparison that matters.
    Not trying prove anything. Just saying nobody is lighting it up in the league. And if McDermott doesn't plan on throwing the ball, i'm glad we at least got a couple draft picks rather than watching another player hit free agency and leaving as fast as they can.

On average, it's been a slow offensive start to the NFL season.

I hope Sammy has the game of his life Thursday. Got a lot of cash depending on it.

Just noticed the Poll lol

Thank you Sammy Watkins. $550.00 richer because of him.

It's annoying to watch nationally televised games with the broadcast team making jokes about other teams having better Bills players than the current Bills. It happened opening night during the Patriots game and again last night.

Watch Rob Ryan’s tv comment after Thursday’s game, if you haven’t already. Funny how a guy who will never be employed by an nfl team ever again, will open up his fat mouth critiquing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Watch Rob Ryan’s tv comment after Thursday’s game, if you haven’t already. Funny how a guy who will never be employed by an nfl team ever again, will open up his fat mouth critiquing teams.
    what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    what did he say?
    When discussing Woods, Watkins performance on Thursday night, as well as other former Bills, he pretty much indicated that the Buffalo front office are idiots for getting rid of these players. He made a snark comment, trying to lead people to believe, that everyone that have left, is the new regime's fault

What's funny is, Hogan was Rex and Whaley's fault. Rex was stupid enough to say that Hogan didnt deserve to be tendered and Whaley was stupid enough to listen. Any tender placed on Hogan would have kept him here, but they both didn't think it was necessary.

Gillislee was just Whaley's fault for placing the wrong tag on him. A 2nd round tender would have only paid Gilislee $995,000 to stay here and if another team wanted him, they would have had to cough up their 2nd round pick, which would have never happened. Instead, they place the original tender (5th round) on him which pays him 2 million, but now teams can snag him for only a 5th round pick. Moves like this is why I have called Whaley a jack ssa for many years.

We couldn't keep Wood's when he hit free agency, due to being in Cap Jail, that Whaley put us in during Rex's time here. Goodwin isn't even good enough to be an NFL player and he definitely didn't deserved the contract San Fran gave him. 2.5 million signing bonus and a guaranteed 5 million contract. Holmes, and all the WR's we brought in here in free agency make less combined, than Goodwins contract.

Watkins is the only real move this regime made and they had to do it. They didn't force the contract on him for another year, because they knew he didn't want to be here. The last thing the Pegula's wanted was to have another disgruntled player talk bad about the City of Buffalo to the media. It has happened to many times already and it has killed us when trying to sign free agents. There is a reason Sammy has talked good about his time here to media in LA. Its because we didn't hold him hostage. All apart of the agreement.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.

When discussing Woods, Watkins performance on Thursday night, as well as other former Bills, he pretty much indicated that the Buffalo front office are idiots for getting rid of these players. He made a snark comment, trying to lead people to believe, that everyone that have left, is the new regime's fault

What's funny is, Hogan was Rex and Whaley's fault. Rex was stupid enough to say that Hogan didnt deserve to be tendered and Whaley was stupid enough to listen. Any tender placed on Hogan would have kept him here, but they both didn't think it was necessary.

Gillislee was just Whaley's fault for placing the wrong tag on him. A 2nd round tender would have only paid Gilislee $995,000 to stay here and if another team wanted him, they would have had to cough up their 2nd round pick, which would have never happened. Instead, they place the original tender (5th round) on him which pays him 2 million, but now teams can snag him for only a 5th round pick. Moves like this is why I have called Whaley a jack ssa for many years.

We couldn't keep Wood's when he hit free agency, due to being in Cap Jail, that Whaley put us in during Rex's time here. Goodwin isn't even good enough to be an NFL player and he definitely didn't deserved the contract San Fran gave him. 2.5 million signing bonus and a guaranteed 5 million contract. Holmes, and all the WR's we brought in here in free agency make less combined, than Goodwins contract.

Watkins is the only real move this regime made and they had to do it. They didn't force the contract on him for another year, because they knew he didn't want to be here. The last thing the Pegula's wanted was to have another disgruntled player talk bad about the City of Buffalo to the media. It has happened to many times already and it has killed us when trying to sign free agents. There is a reason Sammy has talked good about his time here to media in LA. Its because we didn't hold him hostage. All apart of the agreement.
    Just curious...how do you think the draft had nothing to do with Whaley, but you pick and choose other offseason moves to point out Whaley's ineptitude? Whaley was either involved in everything this offseason (which I believe) or nothing, but it can't be both.

To be clear, I think Whaley (as usual) did his best to accommodate his head coach. He's always made moves based on what the head coach wanted, this past offseason was no different. Marrone, Rex, and McDermott made the call, Whaley pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by smood999; 09-27-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Just curious...how do you think the draft had nothing to do with Whaley, but you pick and choose other offseason moves to point out Whaley's ineptitude? Whaley was either involved in everything this offseason (which I believe) or nothing, but it can't be both.

To be clear, I think Whaley (as usual) did his best to accommodate his head coach. He's always made moves based on what the head coach wanted, this past offseason was no different. Marrone, Rex, and McDermott made the call, Whaley pulled the trigger.
    Its been confirmed all over the place. Only a fool would think Whaley had something to do with this past draft, when he wasn't invited to the team luncheon and he even got kicked out of the war room by McDermott on draft day. And why was McDermott eventually given so much power, because of the continuous mistakes Whaley was making in the off season.

Even the scouts said, we are going to be fired the day after the draft and have nothing to do with the team. Use common sense. If you were firing your GM and every single scout, because of their crappy work right after the draft, would you let them make the picks. The coaching staff did this draft and even though Beane wasn't officially hired yet, I guarantee he had the input.

It is time for your undying love for Whaley to fade away.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...s-doug-whaley/

There is a million stories from WGR reported of Whaley being told what to do by McDermott. Whaley was asking permission on where to stand and where to sit. You keep undermining the relevance of the entire scouting department, along with the GM, being fired. Do you even know how many people that is?

As I said before, if you own a billion dollar business and you knew you were firing your chief, you wouldn't let the chief make decisions the day before he was going to be fired and make decisions impacting your entire future. Instead, you would make him sit in the other office, never tell him anything, and serve as a decoy, so he cant trade insider information.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-28-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Its been confirmed all over the place. Only a fool would think Whaley had something to do with this past draft, when he wasn't invited to the team luncheon and he even got kicked out of the war room by McDermott on draft day. And why was McDermott eventually given so much power, because of the continuous mistakes Whaley was making in the off season.

Even the scouts said, we are going to be fired the day after the draft and have nothing to do with the team. Use common sense. If you were firing your GM and every single scout, because of their crappy work right after the draft, would you let them make the picks. The coaching staff did this draft and even though Beane wasn't officially hired yet, I guarantee he had the input.

It is time for your undying love for Whaley to fade away.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...s-doug-whaley/

There is a million stories from WGR reported of Whaley being told what to do by McDermott. Whaley was asking permission on where to stand and where to sit. You keep undermining the relevance of the entire scouting department, along with the GM, being fired. Do you even know how many people that is?

As I said before, if you own a billion dollar business and you knew you were firing your chief, you wouldn't let the chief make decisions the day before he was going to be fired and make decisions impacting your entire future. Instead, you would make him sit in the other office, never tell him anything, and serve as a decoy, so he cant trade insider information.
    You completely skipped the entire point. Also, there's no evidence of half of what you posted. It's fine if you don't think Whaley had anything to do with the draft. The point was that the same should apply to the rest of the offseason since he was a dead man walking for months. If you believe that, then you can't pin only the offseason moves that you don't like on him. This offseason was all McDermott...from Gillislee to the draft. Also, I never said Whaley made the picks. I think we all agreed that McDermott was calling the shots during the draft. The only argument I ever made with that was that it was based on Whaley's board and intel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12