Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win this matchup?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buffalo Bills

0 0%
  • Carolina Panthers

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 2: Buffalo Bills (1-0) At Carolina Panthers (1-0)

Week 2

(1_ -_ 0)______________________ (1_ -_0)

Buffalo___________Carolina

_____At _______

[B]Sunday, September 17th, 1:00 PM ET
    Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

VS

Quarterback:

Tyrod Taylor - COMP 16 / ATT 28 / TD 2 / INT 1 / YDS 224
    Cam Newton - COMP 14 / ATT 25 / TD 2 / INT 1 / YDS 171

VS

Running Back:

LeSean McCoy - ATT 22 / YDS 110 / AVG 5.0 / TD 0
    Jonathan Stewart - ATT 18 / YDS 65 / AVG 3.6 / TD 0

VS

Wide Receiver:

Jordan Matthews - REC 2 / YDS 61 / AVG 30.5 / TD 0
    Russell Shepard - REC 2 / YDS 53 / AVG 26.5 / TD 1

VS

Tight End:

Charles Clay - REC 4 / YDS 53 / AVG 13.3 / TD 1
    Greg Olsen - REC 2 / YDS 18 / AVG 9.0 / TD 0

VS

Kicker:

Stephen Hauschka - FGM 0 / FGA 1 / XPM 3 / XPA 3
    Graham Gano - FGM 3 / FGA 3 / XPM 2 / XPA 2

VS

Tackles Leader:

Ramon Humber - SOLO 12 / AST 0 / TOT 12
    Thomas Davis - SOLO 7 / AST 0 / TOT 7

VS

Sacks Leader:

Jordan Poyer - SACKS 1.0 / FF 0
    Wes Horton - SACKS 1.0 / FF 1

VS

Interceptions Leader:

Jordan Poyer - INT 1 / PD 2 / TD 0
    Luke Kuechly - INT 1 / PD 1 / TD 0

Click For More Stats

The Bills worked out Offensive Lineman, John Greco, free agent from Cleveland. Before being put on IR and released, he was a top ranked lineman in the league and will be playing on the right side, replacing Mills or Miller, who are ranked the 4th and 5th worse offensive lineman in the league. Lets hope he is healthy and we sign him and he plays against Carolina.

Greco plays G?

Someone wanna fill me in on where we found Poyer and Humber?

These two teams have a very similar makeup and it should be an exciting game. Winning this game will inject some excitement into the season.

So many football stadiums are so ordinary. See Carolina. Makes me love Rich Stadium even more. Yea, Rich Stadium. I said it.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Greco plays G?

Someone wanna fill me in on where we found Poyer and Humber?

These two teams have a very similar makeup and it should be an exciting game. Winning this game will inject some excitement into the season.
    Poyer came from Cleveland after they released him last year with an injury settlement. Before signing with the Bills, Humber played with New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    So many football stadiums are so ordinary. See Carolina. Makes me love Rich Stadium even more. Yea, Rich Stadium. I said it.
    Your like me. I have never stopped saying Rich stadium or Pilot field.

I'm surprised McDermott coached like Rex this game. The rushing game had more yards for loss than gains but he stook to it over and over again. Our receivers dropping four first down passes didn't help, but still, why waste the time running when our line sucked and we weren't getting anything positive from it. Then we have McDermott utilizing time outs and the play clock just like Rex and once again we are living in groundhogs day.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I'm surprised McDermott coached like Rex this game. The rushing game had more yards for loss than gains but he stook to it over and over again. Our receivers dropping four first down passes didn't help, but still, why waste the time running when our line sucked and we weren't getting anything positive from it. Then we have McDermott utilizing time outs and the play clock just like Rex and once again we are living in groundhogs day.
    I'm willing to be patient with him and give him an opportunity to learn how to coach.
    The fact that the game came down to a dropped pass by a rookie goes to show that the plan worked. McDermott kept a potent and talented offense to 9 points. The bills had no business keeping the game that close with a chance to win in the end.

Coaching cost us the game. Our defense did their job, but Erickson on offense failed miserably and it is up to the head coach to recognize it and be more creative.

What we saw yesterday was vintage Rex Ryan. No matter how many zero or negative yard rushing attempts we have, stick with it and run run run. Refuse to flip the script and try something else and just run run run punt. We saw this same thing all last year. I wrote about it all year. New coach, same script, run run run. No creativity.

Then at half time, the coach has all the timeouts in his back pocket and he doesn't do a thing. Tyrod and our offense come out with 6 seconds left, when our offense could have had over a minute, and in a game where a field goal can win it, he gave up on the game, just like Rex did all last year. The clock management at the end of the game is even more ridiculous.

So are they afraid of Tyrod's ability and throwing? Are they afraid because they feel our wide receivers are bad? In a game, where our defense is keeping us in it, but they are on the field for nearly the entire game, but they keep running and punting over and over again with zero success, why? I cant wait until we get a coach that is smart enough to identify the plan is not working and then he is smart enough to flip the script. Ron Rivera has to be laughing at McDermott right now and thanking him for keeping the status quo all game long.

Before the Bills can have a passing game, they need a QB that can pass. What makes it worse is now teams don't even have to respect any of the WRs as threats to do any damage. I've been critical of Tyrod, but the Bills absolutely set him and the offense up to fail. McCoy and Tyrod's running ability are the only two things that defenses respect.

I'm not blaming the coaching or anything else. It's been clear to me what this offense would look like since the trades. I'll judge the play calling when they have more than one capable offensive playmaker. Until then, brace yourselves for games displaying inept offense, Tyrod eventually getting benched (not his fault this year), winning 4-5 games, and hopefully being in a position to draft one of the top QBs available.

On a positive note, I love the changes made in the secondary and the defense as a whole. They'll need LBs and DTs to replace Dareus and K. Williams, but there's a good foundation to build on.

The problem is, we don't throw enough to know what the problem is, or if it is something that can be fixed. Yesterday, the coaching staff abandoned the throw, before the game even started.

In Tyrod's defense, in the first half, 4 first downs were dropped. Mills and the right side of the line caved in seconds. On two plays, Peppers went straight through Mills like he wasnt even there. The throw at the end of the game was thrown to a spot where the corners couldn't make a beat on the ball. Zay had two hands on it and couldn't bring it down. He turned himself around on that play running, that wasn't on Tyrod. Tyrod with 2 minutes left is marching the team down the field, but then momentum ends when Holmes gets called for pass interference.

But my point is, we ran a million times and never gave up on it, even though we watched as it failed every single attempt. The pass was abandoned immediately, without even giving it a fair chance. Yesterday was an exact replica of a Rex Ryan game. 1st down, run for a loss. 2nd down run for a bigger loss, 3rd and long throw when defenses know you have to and punt.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The problem is, we don't throw enough to know what the problem is, or if it is something that can be fixed. Yesterday, the coaching staff abandoned the throw, before the game even started.

In Tyrod's defense, in the first half, 4 first downs were dropped. Mills and the right side of the line caved in seconds. On two plays, Peppers went straight through Mills like he wasnt even there. The throw at the end of the game was thrown to a spot where the corners couldn't make a beat on the ball. Zay had two hands on it and couldn't bring it down. He turned himself around on that play running, that wasn't on Tyrod. Tyrod with 2 minutes left is marching the team down the field, but then momentum ends when Holmes gets called for pass interference.

But my point is, we ran a million times and never gave up on it, even though we watched as it failed every single attempt. The pass was abandoned immediately, without even giving it a fair chance. Yesterday was an exact replica of a Rex Ryan game. 1st down, run for a loss. 2nd down run for a bigger loss, 3rd and long throw when defenses know you have to and punt.
    This year, his WRs just aren't getting open and of course the drops like you mentioned. I'm not worried about Jones since he's a rookie, but this is who Matthews has been his entire career. It also doesn't help that he can't play outside, which limits him to the slot, which means that most of his routes are going to be in the middle of the field, which has been Tyrod's weakness (see Charles Clay). As far as the last play of the game -- a better WR makes that catch, but that's a TD pass with a better QB.

I also think it's obvious that defenses don't fear Tyrod as a passer and his own coaches don't trust him as a passer. Three OCs and two HCs and none of them have been willing to put the ball in Tyrod's hands, with defenses daring/begging him to throw.

McCoy said after the game that the WR's need to create at least an inch of separation. That they are being blanketed out there.

And for the last play. Say was crying after the game. He said he turned the wrong way and blamed himself. I like that in a rookie. He will pan out. They need to make him our primary focus here on out.

Our former WR's are not doing any better Woods has about 4 catches 80 yards. Watkins has around 5 for 80 and Goodwin dropped two home run balls in two weeks and has 4 receptions for 40 yards.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-18-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Yeah I think the issue is the WR's. After all of those key drops the coaching staff didn't have confidence in them. Tyrod could pass all day but no point if the WR's drop every pass that counts.

What does it matter what Watkins is doing in LA? It was understood that he was going to a worse QB situation than he had here, which is saying something. I'm not about to judge Watkins on what he's done thus far. His catch percentage is 100. He's caught 7 out of 7 targets. He's better than what we have. It's time to let that debate go already.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast