Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I want to win cups

http://www.tsn.ca/doughty-on-next-co...-cups-1.852849

Hey, it's been quiet in here.

The realist in me says no chance, the fanatic says...hmm maybe.

Humor me. Here's why this is plausible: this team needs a Dman exactly like him, he is a hometown boy (we've heard that before), he's made his money, his team is trending in the wrong direction, his not so "secret" favorite team is the Leafs, and for once - this team is looking like cup contender.

Would he do a 1 year deal at a very affordable salary? I'm sure the NHLPA would try to intervene, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Think I'm crazy? Kariya and Selanne did it in Colorado to join Sakic and Forsberg.

.....one can dream no?

I don't think he will have much interest signing a 1 yr deal and he did say that he prefers to stay away from the spotlight.

"We would all want to play here," Doughty said of players from the Southern Ontario region, "especially with the team, the way they're getting better and stuff like that, but I think it always comes down to how hard it would be to live in a city being that big of a celebrity. I'm spoiled in L.A. where I walk anywhere I want and not one person's going to recognize me.

"If, say I did for some reason play for the Leafs, I don't know if I could get used to that or not. I think that's the problem, why guys don't sign here."
    http://www.tsn.ca/doughty-fame-makes...ronto-1.780031
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't respect players that say things like that

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Maybe when he is a free agent and if we have cap space to make a signing. Not totally unreasonable given the Kings situation and the Leafs. I'd totally be down with having Marner or Nylander as a centerpiece in a trade for him if he'd extend.

I get that LA isn't a big hockey market, but how the **** would Drew Doughty be not recognized in LOS ANGELES out of all markets...

I think he could tell the Kings he isnt planning on resigning and we could get him for picks + players not in our big 3. i totally see this as a possibility.

he would def fill a big need for the leafs.