Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017-2018 Rangers Training Camp

SNY.tv: Adam Hunger has this:

The Rangers have announced that they start training camp tomorrow and will have the following 54 players in camp:

Forward: Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Paul Carey, Daniel Catenacci, Adam Chapie, Filip Chytil, David Desharnais, Andrew Desjardins, Bobby Farnham, Jesper Fast, Steven Fogarty, Gabriel Fontaine, Tim Gettinger, Michael Grabner, Ryan Gropp, Kevin Hayes, Scott Kosmachuk, Robin Kovacs, Chris Kreider, Dawson Leedahl, Vinni Lettieri, JT Miller, Rick Nash, Boo Nieves, Matt Puempel, Ty Ronning, Cole Schneider, Malte Stromwall, Adam Tambellini, Jimmy Vesey, Mika Zibanejad, Mats Zuccarello.
    Defense: Alexei Bereglazov, Brandon Crawley, Sean Day, Tony DeAngelo, John Gilmour, Ryan Graves, Nick Holden, Steven Kampfer, Brenden Kotyk, Ryan McDonagh, Vince Pedrie, Neal Pionk, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal, Sergey Zborovskiy
    Goalie: Alexander Georgiev, Brandon Halverson, Henrik Lundqvist, Chris Nell, Ondrej Pavelec
    The Rangers will have medical testing tomorrow, on-ice testing on Friday and then be split into three groups for practice on Saturday and Sunday.

The Rangers open the preseason on Monday at home against the Islanders.

Last year we had 63 players in camp, so maybe there will be more players added Friday.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-13-2017 at 04:09 PM.

SNY.tv has this:

The Rangers begin the preseason this coming Monday at home against the Islanders:

9/18 - Islanders
    9/20 - Devils
    9/22 - @Islanders in Brdigeport
    9/23 - @Devils
    9/25 - Philly
    9/26 - @Philly
    The regular season begins on 10/5 when the Rangers host the Avs.

At least we start the season 1-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 NHL Re-Draft
    Vegas Aces

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Gettinger, Kovacs, Kotyk, Ronning, and Chapie send down. Roster is now 49.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-22-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Said it when we drafted him, Chytl is gonna be good, was a very sneaky pick at that spot.

The Rangers have announced that defensemen Sean Day, Sergey Zborovskiy and forward Dawson Leedahl to Hartford.

The Rangers have 46 players remaining in camp.

All three players skated for the Rangers during the Traverse City tournament.

( Adam Hunger)
    The Rangers have announced that the following players are being sent to Hartford

Forwards: Ryan Gropp, Malte Stromwall, Adam Tambellini
    Defensemen: Alexei Bereglazov, John Gilmour, Vince Pedrie
    Goaltenders: Alexandar Georgiev, Chris Nell
    The Rangers have 38 players remaining in training camp.

I really haven't been impressed with how we're playing this pre-season but apparently AV is impressed with a handful of guys and says it will be tough to make decisions on who stays. He mentioned Boo, Vinni, Chytil, Andersson and Fontaine. Said JT will start the season at wing.

The Rangers have assigned Daniel Catenacci, Cole Schneider and Brandon Crawley to Hartford.

The Rangers have also released Scott Kosmachuk from his PTO and have also assigned him to Hartford.

The Rangers have 34 players left in camp, including 21 forwards, 10 defenders and 3 goalies.

Forwards (21): Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Paul Carey, Filip Chytil, David Desharnais, Andrew Desjardins, Bobby Farnham, Jesper Fast, Steven Fogarty, Gabriel Fontaine, Michael Grabner, Kevin Hayes, Chris Kreider, Vinni Lettieri, J.T. Miller, Rick Nash, Boo Nieves, Matt Puempel, Jimmy Vesey, Mika Zibanejad, Mats Zuccarello
    Defensemen (10): Tony DeAngelo, Ryan Graves, Nick Holden, Steven Kampfer, Ryan McDonagh, Neal Pionk, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal
    Goaltenders (3): Brandon Halverson, Henrik Lundqvist, Ondrej Pavelec

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    The Rangers have assigned Daniel Catenacci, Cole Schneider and Brandon Crawley to Hartford.

The Rangers have also released Scott Kosmachuk from his PTO and have also assigned him to Hartford.

The Rangers have 34 players left in camp, including 21 forwards, 10 defenders and 3 goalies.

Forwards (21): Lias Andersson, Pavel Buchnevich, Paul Carey, Filip Chytil, David Desharnais, Andrew Desjardins, Bobby Farnham, Jesper Fast, Steven Fogarty, Gabriel Fontaine, Michael Grabner, Kevin Hayes, Chris Kreider, Vinni Lettieri, J.T. Miller, Rick Nash, Boo Nieves, Matt Puempel, Jimmy Vesey, Mika Zibanejad, Mats Zuccarello
    Defensemen (10): Tony DeAngelo, Ryan Graves, Nick Holden, Steven Kampfer, Ryan McDonagh, Neal Pionk, Kevin Shattenkirk, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal
    Goaltenders (3): Brandon Halverson, Henrik Lundqvist, Ondrej Pavelec
    I don't know if this is realistic, but in watching a few games Chytil has been Outstanding and should make the opening night roster.

Hopefully we open the season with the following:

Kreider - Zib - Buchnevich
    Nash - Chytil - Zucc
    Miller - Hayes - Vesey
    Grabner - Desharnais - Lettieri
    Extra: Nieves

McD - Shattenkirk
    Skjei - Smith
    Staal - DeAngelo
    Extra: Pionk

Trade Holden for whatever you can get.

I'd be very happy with our depth, youth, and speed starting the season this way. Monitor Lettieri, Chytil, Nieves to see who will be sent down once Fast is healthy.

My only tweek to your line up would be Lettieri centering the 4th line. My main reason is Lettieri at center would give us 2 righty face-off guys. And I'd say Puempel ( he would need to clear waivers before being sent down) over Desharnais.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-27-2017 at 06:29 AM.

This isn't what i would pick but I have a feeling this is what we will be getting. I like Anderson and Chytl but in the case of Chytl he's too young, and in Anderson's case he needs more time on the small ice, and the AHL would be the spot for him to adjust.
    Kreider - Zib - Buchnevich
    Nash - Hayes- Zucc
    Miller - Desharnais - Vesey
    Grabner - Nieves - Lettieri/Carey
    Extra: Puemple

McD - Shattenkirk
    Skjei - Smith
    Staal - DeAngelo
    Extra: Holden

I think we need to move Staal preferably as his contract sucks more and Holden could be a nice piece of trade bait at the deadline with his low cap hit and expiring contract ie to a team like Chicago or Dallas. One of them has to go to make room for Pionk though. That's just how I see it shaking out.

I think Gorton will push to have 1 of Chytil, Anderson,Fontaine on the team. As he's looking at the big picture and our cap going forward. Carey, Desharnias are only bodies, bench players at best. I could see Pionk and D'Angelo switch out in the beginning of the year in order to really see if they are ready. There by allowing us to trade Holden when they are both ready, after all he is a free agent at seasons end and we're not gonna re-sign him.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-27-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I think Gorton will push to have 1 of Chytil, Anderson,Fontaine on the team. As he's looking at the big picture and our cap going forward. Carey, Desharnias are only bodies, bench players at best. I could see Pionk and D'Angelo switch out in the beginning of the year in order to really see if they are ready. There by allowing us to trade Holden when they are both ready, after all he is a free agent at seasons end and we're not gonna re-sign him.
    I agree Chytl has earned a spot without a doubt but I'm nervous of feeding him to the wolves too early, I guess i am nervous of us messing up the first two first round picks we have picked in a while. I'd love to see him start the season there if he can handle it which he has in preseason but it's pre season so who knows. I have liked Desharnais so far I think he's at the least our 4th center. We finally have tough decisions to make up front and on the back end...its a nice problem to have.

I think it's obvious to us from a numbers stand point that 1 of the 2 should/must make the team. But in actuality AV could choose to go with a more conventional line-up and go Zibenajad, Hayes, Desharnias & Nieves down the middle. Maybe even putting Lettieri as the 4th line center because he balances us more 2lefty, 2 righty centers. And have both kids start the season in Hartford. If that happened it would suck because it seems like teams are playing kids everywhere else--I want my own teen sensation.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 09-28-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast