Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    10,792

    If Rodman played today...

    How many rebounds per game would this guy average?

    Would he be able to break 20? With the increase in the number of possessions, it seems like his stats would be even crazier than they were in the 90's.


    Thoughts?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,148
    Not too sure, maybe he'll have less opportunities because of how the game is played. He'll be switching to the perimeter far more often. Maybe that decreases his chances to fight and crash the glass. If Russ can get 10 per, I think Rodman can still get at least 15 per with his energy and will.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    39,265
    He would spend 50% of his games suspended because he plays too tough.

    PROCESSING

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,348
    He would just be another role player.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    10,792
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He would just be another role player.
    Ouch!
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PARTS UNKNOWN
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He would just be another role player.
    He would be even more valuable now with teams playing small ball
    He was so versatile he could guard any position

    If you watched him back in the day especially with Detroit one game he'd guard Jordan the next game he'd guard Ewing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    10,792
    Quote Originally Posted by 53 HOWARD View Post
    He would be even more valuable now with teams playing small ball
    He was so versatile he could guard any position

    If you watched him back in the day especially with Detroit one game he'd guard Jordan the next game he'd guard Ewing
    +1

    He's similar to Green defensively, and likely better.

    While he didn't have the offensive skills and passing that Green has, he was a historically amazing rebounder, so...

    He would have a huge contract and be winning DPOY awards and making the All-Defensive team.

    Role player? At bit unfair.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,837
    multiple DPOY guy. He would be a better shooter because they wouldve worked on that going back to college. Hed be a perrenial allstar and a 150M$ player.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,148
    Rodman and Draymond are role players. They are just all-star level role players, some of the best in NBA history. Nothing wrong with that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Not too sure, maybe he'll have less opportunities because of how the game is played. He'll be switching to the perimeter far more often. Maybe that decreases his chances to fight and crash the glass. If Russ can get 10 per, I think Rodman can still get at least 15 per with his energy and will.
    agreed. I think Rodman's ability to get his 2nd jump up before anyone I have ever seen play would still get him so many boards, but the longer rebounds now, and the fact that he would be forced to guard away from the rim more, may sway his percentage down slightly.

    He would still be the games best rebounder today, easily.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Rodman and Draymond are role players. They are just all-star level role players, some of the best in NBA history. Nothing wrong with that.
    yep. Add Ben Wallace to that list.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    All states
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Role player? At bit unfair.
    A role player is exactly what he was though. But not "just another" role player.

    He was probably the greatest role player of all time which is a spectacular praise. I would include Michael Cooper and maybe Robert Horry in that discussion too. That could be a whole new thread right there actually, greatest role players all time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    He would just be another role player.

    Wade wouldn't even make the all NBA 3rd team If he played today. Give me butler klay and harden over him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    31,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Rodman and Draymond are role players. They are just all-star level role players, some of the best in NBA history. Nothing wrong with that.
    Disagree. They play roles that are typically reserved for the "role players" but they do them at such a special and elite level that they impact the games as much as the star players who play more traditional star player roles.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    +1

    He's similar to Green defensively, and likely better.

    While he didn't have the offensive skills and passing that Green has, he was a historically amazing rebounder, so...

    He would have a huge contract and be winning DPOY awards and making the All-Defensive team.

    Role player? At bit unfair.
    Was being sarcastic. But which is worse, me saying that about Rodman or Rodman saying that about LeBron if he played in their era?
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •