Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strawberry rips the Mets, praises the Yanks.

He talks about how the Mets have disrespected its heroes from '86 while seemingly oblivious about two-thirds of the Mets broadcast crew.

Oy

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/darryl-strawberry-rips-mets-praises-george-steinbrenner-article-1.3490458
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He talks about how the Mets have disrespected its heroes from '86 while seemingly oblivious about two-thirds of the Mets broadcast crew.

Oy

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3490458
    There are no doubt plenty of things wrong with the Mets organization, but who cares what this crackhead thinks? This is a guy who rarely seems to take much personal responsibility and often throws others under the bus.

Oy

I don't have an issue with Straw and his message here. The only thing is that he is not the spokesman of the '86 Mets, so he should just stick to talking about his situation. Thought I don;t disagree with what he said about the Carter and Knight. And we are aware of the Backman situation.

He may have a point, but it doesn't seem to apply to all 86 Mets heroes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this crackhead going on about? All the Mets ever do is pay tribute to the 86' Mets. Its almost to the point of ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    What is this crackhead going on about? All the Mets ever do is pay tribute to the 86' Mets. Its almost to the point of ad nauseam.
    I disagree, I think many other organizations would do more than the Mets have done, but it sounds like something new happen with him the FO that has him feeling this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I disagree, I think many other organizations would do more than the Mets have done, but it sounds like something new happen with him the FO that has him feeling this way.

The Mets have celebrated the 20th, 25th, and 30th anniversary of that WS team. Have had multiple guys honored in pre game ceremonies that were part of the 86' Mets and have 2 guys in their tv booth that were 86' Mets as well.

Not to mention, every other documentary on SNY relives 1986. They get their due praise.

The Mets have celebrated the 86 Mets plenty.

It just seems like not enough because they haven't won a championship since then. If they had some more championship teams, no one would care how much they worship 86.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Mets have celebrated the 20th, 25th, and 30th anniversary of that WS team. Have had multiple guys honored in pre game ceremonies that were part of the 86' Mets and have 2 guys in their tv booth that were 86' Mets as well.

Not to mention, every other documentary on SNY relives 1986. They get their due praise.
    They been criticize by many for not doing more. I agree to a certain extent, their has been some obvious problems with certain players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They been criticize by many for not doing more. I agree to a certain extent, their has been some obvious problems with certain players as well.

Guys like Lenny Dykstra, Doc Gooden, even Daryl have dug their own graves. I heard some of Strawberry's interview on the Michael Kay show and it seemed like a lot of his anger was directed at Jeff Wilpon.

Not the first person Jeff has probably rubbed the wrong way and won't be the last. That said, the 86' Mets get a ton of praise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-13-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Would be nice if we had a 2015 team to talk about but that team choked the World Series away to a Royals team that was beatable. Maybe 2018. Who the hell knows?

Oy

I'm not reading Starw's statement. Two weeks ago he was preaching at a church in Savannah, GA. Maybe he should stick to being a man of God.

Many members of the 1986 Mets have had roles with the team:

Mookie - coach
    Carter - Minor League manager
    Wally - Minor League manager
    Teufel - MLB coach and MiLB manager
    Strawberrry - Spring Training guest coach
    Gooden - ST guest coach
    Ojeda - MiLB coach
    Hernandez - Announcer
    Darling - Announcer

Others have had jobs around baseball - can't hire everyone: Santana, McDowell, Magadan, Mazzilli.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I'm not reading Starw's statement. Two weeks ago he was preaching at a church in Savannah, GA. Maybe he should stick to being a man of God.

Many members of the 1986 Mets have had roles with the team:

Mookie - coach
    Carter - Minor League manager
    Wally - Minor League manager
    Teufel - MLB coach and MiLB manager
    Strawberrry - Spring Training guest coach
    Gooden - ST guest coach
    Ojeda - MiLB coach
    Hernandez - Announcer
    Darling - Announcer

Others have had jobs around baseball - can't hire everyone: Santana, McDowell, Magadan, Mazzilli.
    I don't think his God would be too happy with what he said either. Pretty sure there's a clause in there that says something about not bearing false witness or words to that effect.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

I don't think his God would be too happy with what he said either. Pretty sure there's a clause in there that says something about not bearing false witness or words to that effect.
    How do you know? What are you, some sort of bishop?

More like a charleton.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast