Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this SNF matchup?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay Packers

0 0%
  • Atlanta Falcons

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

SNF Week 2: Green Bay Packers (1-0) at Atlanta Falcons (1-0)

Week Two

Sunday, September 17th at 8:30 PM EST/7:30 PM CT
    TV: NBC

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 311 Yards / 1 TD 1 INT / 66.7 CMP% / 86.5 QB Rating
    Matt Ryan, QB #2 - 321 Yards / 1 TD 0 INT / 70.0 CMP% / 116.1 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Ty Montgomery, RB #88 - 54 Yards / 19 Carries/ 2.8 YPC / 1 TD
    Devonta Freeman, RB #24 - 37 Yards / 12 Carries/ 3.1 YPC/ 1 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Randall Cobb, WR #18 - 9 Catches / 85 Yards / 0 TD
    Julio Jones, WR #11 - 4 Catches / 66 Yards / 0 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Martellus Bennett, TE #80 - 3 Catches / 43 Yards / 0 TD
    Austin Hooper, TE #81 - 2 Catches / 128 Yards / 1 TD

Defensive Line

~VS~

Mike Daniels, DE #76 - 7(5) Tackles / 1.5 Sacks / 1 FF
    Brooks Reed, DE #50 - 5(5) Tackles / 2 Sacks / 0 FF

Linebacker

~VS~

Nick Perry, OLB #53 - 3(1) Tackles / 1.5 Sacks / 0 FF
    Vic Beasley Jr., LB #44 - 2(2) Tackles / 1 Sacks / 0 FF

Defensive Back

~VS~

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S #21 - 4(4) Tackles / 0 INT / 1 PDEF
    Robert Alford, CB #23 - 3(3) Tackles / 0 INT / 3 PDEF

Kicker

~VS~

Mason Crosby, K #2 - 1 FGM / 1 FGA / 2 XPM / 2 XPA
    Matt Bryant, K #3 - 3 FGM / 3 FGA / 2 XPM / 2 XPA

Click For More Stats

Woot woot

Let's see if the defense is actually better or was Seattle just bad? The offense has to improve too. Rodgers said as much. Lack of playing time shows as the early season games become what pre season games used to be. I'm old enough to remember when the starters played the whole game in the final pre season game.

And I'm old enough to remember when Jordy Nelson, Michael Vick and Julian Edelman were lost for the season or most the season in preseason games.

I wouldn't say our offense was flat. Our offense was going up against one of the leagues best defenses without a very important lineman at a time when Seattle was super healthy. When that team is healthy, there's not a lot of offenses that are going to put up close to 400 yards of offense.

Well on the bright side we can head down there get some chick-fil-a....oh...nevermind.

In all seriousness the offense needs to be on pace this week. They don't face nearly the same caliber defense this week. I would expect to see the Packers be able to run and pass the ball more efficiently against this defense. Like plenty have already mentioned this will be our first test for this new and improved pass defense. The defense as a whole performed well last week, but this is a far more dynamic group than Seattle's offense. There's no Julio Jones or anything close on Seattle's offense. Nor were their running backs at Atlanta's level. On that note you limit the run and you limit Julio Jones then you have to like your chances. They somewhat struggled against the Bears last week. However, this is going to be a fired up crowd and Atlanta's going to be motivated to put on a show for the home crowd. The defense doesn't necessarily need to hold Atlanta to 9 points for this to be a win, but it would easily help. Keeping the crowd factor to a minimum I think will be a slight x-factor in this game. Aaron doesn't have the greatest success in domes, but he can win in them, just the record's not overwhelmingly favorable.

Goes without saying, but this game has massive implications on playoff seeding. Whoever wins has the inside lane at home field, something that this team desperately needs in my opinion. One game at a time but I can't help but think big picture here.

It was amazing to see our defensive front play like that on Sunday, reguardless of who it was against. They were reckless and those guys deserve a ton of credit. Going to need a huge impact from that group again, the Bears were able to do that I think Hicks had 2 sacks and a few TFLs. That's basically the key to winning. If Ryan has all that time like he did in Jan, the same things gonna happen. Just have to limit his chances and hope our Secondary can man up when called upon.

Not all that on topic, but curious what Packers fans thought of Bennett protecting Rogers last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    Not all that on topic, but curious what Packers fans thought of Bennett protecting Rogers last week.
    For me I was all for that move, it was a sign of his commitment to this team. I showed a couple things, one that's our franchise face, and no one is going to come near him. It send a message that this team is unified even down to the newest additions. Bennett was smart too when he did it was at a point where it really didn't impact the game. While what happened was a borderline cheap shot, and KJ Wright's not a dirty guy it was simply the rush of the game, but this team's go his back. I personally think it's going to send a message to opponents early on to think twice, just a slight hesitation. At the end of the day I don't think it hurt the Packers, but brought them closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Goes without saying, but this game has massive implications on playoff seeding. Whoever wins has the inside lane at home field, something that this team desperately needs in my opinion. One game at a time but I can't help but think big picture here.

It was amazing to see our defensive front play like that on Sunday, reguardless of who it was against. They were reckless and those guys deserve a ton of credit. Going to need a huge impact from that group again, the Bears were able to do that I think Hicks had 2 sacks and a few TFLs. That's basically the key to winning. If Ryan has all that time like he did in Jan, the same things gonna happen. Just have to limit his chances and hope our Secondary can man up when called upon.
    You make a couple fine points here. There are some major implications here. It may seem like a early game, but having the road to the super bowl come through Green Bay, and then the super bowl site only four hours away no team is going to want that.

Next point you make is people need to stop tearing down the D's performance because it was against a premier team in the NFL, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    You make a couple fine points here. There are some major implications here. It may seem like a early game, but having the road to the super bowl come through Green Bay, and then the super bowl site only four hours away no team is going to want that.

Next point you make is people need to stop tearing down the D's performance because it was against a premier team in the NFL, enough said.
    Yea exactly. Teams with below average OL play and less mobile Qbs have done ugly things to our defense in the past. If the defense was unimproved, RW would've had a field day. Only Packer fans realize how huge it is that that didn't happen.

If a unit can dominate the clear weaknesses a team has instead of playing down to their level, that can only lead to equalizing a team that doesnt have those weaknesses, which is really all we need from our defense.

I just hope that the defense is as good as everyone has been saying. What I saw was that a few better passes and some different penalty calls could have changed the game against the Seahawks. Receivers were open and there was some contact in the secondary that could have been called.

You could do the same thing for every team. Unfortunately, the league has gone to a point where just about every defensive back holds.

And in all honesty, receivers are open a ton. If you watched views from every game and paused right before the pass, you would see a lot of guys open. The problem is the qb needs to diagnose that and the pass rush can't allow him to get the pass off. There were screen grabs of Adams destroying Sherman multiple times, but Rodgers didn't make the throw because he had already gone elsewhere.

Both OT's are out for this game......greatttttttt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Both OT's are out for this game......greatttttttt.
    Obviously I want the Pack to win but the only thing I truly care about is that Rodgers doesn't get decapitated by Vic Beasley.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast