Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you contribute all these injuries to?

I was thinking about it, and it can only really be 3 things

1. Pace bringing in injury prone players
    2. The athletic staff, training regimen, nutrition, strength and conditioning etc are sub par
    3. Bad luck

Option 4, is really a combination of all 3 which might ultimately be the case. That said, I trust Pace's ability to find depth and also hit in the draft so as the years go on, and with Mitch being the future of the team, I feel confident and am not overly concerned. But the injuries are frustrating for sure.

I would like to think it's 2 just so we can point the blame somewhere lol.

I contribute all of them to the sport of football. This is a sport where people collide into each other at full speed 16 games a year. The body isn't made to handle that level of punishment.

Injuries are unavoidable in this sport. To be honest, sometimes I'm watching games and I can't believe the sport even exists.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Im going with a combo of 2 3 and i will add a 4th.

2) somebody has to take some blame right. I dont rememver a time with this many injuries between what seems to be a 2 hear span
    3) at the same time. Uness our trainers are taking their milk and away from them im not exactly sure how you can actually place blame on them. Im not sure how much of an affect trainers and staff really have. But at some point you also have to chaulk it up to bad luck.
    4) its the nfl. If guys were going down like this in a non contact sport. I might see more blame. But these are big guys hitting other big guys. Injuries are bound to happen. We have unfortunatly dealt with more than we have in the past.

I mean part if it I think might be some snap counts for some of these guys. Maybe our rotations need to be better. Give guys more rest. Which has been hard because we are still building our depth. Maybe its soldier field is ******. Maybe its bad players. White amd Goldman seem constantly bamged up. But then guys like freeman and price never really had injuries before here.

I wish their was an answer. Personally i think its just bad luck. But. If we are going to blame anyone. I say blame glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I contribute all of them to the sport of football. This is a sport where people collide into each other at full speed 16 games a year. The body isn't made to handle that level of punishment.

Injuries are unavoidable in this sport. To be honest, sometimes I'm watching games and I can't believe the sport even exists.
    I agree. I actually worry that 10 years down the road or so football may be gone.

The only way football goes away is if there's no athletes willing to play it anymore. Americans are obsessed with it and it's a billion dollar industry putting money in the pockets of a lot of different people in a lot of different professions.

We went through a rash of injuries over a few years and we brought in rusty grimes or whatever his name is. He started having the players do yoga and other strange but effective conditioning programs. Our injuries dropped dramatically. After he left player injuries have been on a steady increase from about the time of urlacher briggs and peanut retirements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    The only way football goes away is if there's no athletes willing to play it anymore. Americans are obsessed with it and it's a billion dollar industry putting money in the pockets of a lot of different people in a lot of different professions.
    It's going to take a long time to go away. I know that my kid isn't going to play football. No thank you.

I also know that that isn't an uncommon opinion.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's going to take a long time to go away. I know that my kid isn't going to play football. No thank you.

What if your kid is the next Jay Cutler? Surely you'll make an exception.

I would say a combo of 2 and 3

I mean Cam and White were ****ing crushed. Those were hard hits that would've broken just about anyone.

Not even sure when Freeman got hurt.

I think slight soft tissue injuries are the ones that can be linked to a poor training staff but broken bones and torn knee ligaments that come from hits where the player is in a precarious position are pretty much par for the course and come down to simple bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    What if your kid is the next Jay Cutler? Surely you'll make an exception.
    Omg lol

Trubiscuits and Biscuit Boyz CEO and Owner

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion]

All these injuries as in just the Bears? Because all teams have injuries. This is a league/sport issue, not just a Bears-specific issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Thats what I mean. How many parrents will start preventing kids from playing. Its obvious it has an adverse affect on your health. And how long till it finnaly just dies out due to this.

I admit I love it. Watching one of the most physical alost gladiator esk sport. But boy. It takes a toll on your. Body and brain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast