Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Just looked at the list through 31, so disrespectful lol. Pure garbage.
    All Melo has to do is play 25 games a season like Embiid does and he can be 32nd.

I mean seriously I pick apart Melo's game as much as anyone, and there is a LOT to pick apart, but this list is a joke. ESPN might as well be Bleacher Report at this point

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean seriously I pick apart Melo's game as much as anyone, and there is a LOT to pick apart, but this list is a joke. ESPN might as well be Bleacher Report at this point
    Bleacher report is by far the worst lol. They're all garbage at this point though advanced stats have ruined the way the game is viewed.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    All Melo has to do is play 25 games a season like Embiid does and he can be 32nd.
    That's true lol I need him to bust his *** for half the season and then stop playing. That will probably get him in the top 15.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Everytime espn does rankings it's always whack

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Starting point guards who likely won't be as prolific/good as Ball:

Kris Dunn
    Frank Nkilitina
    Elfrid Payton
    Dejounte Murray
    Jameer Nelson/Jamal Murray
    Darren Collison/Lance Stephenson
    Derrick Rose
    Reggie Jackson
    i mentioned kris dunn and Frank. Payton wasnt that bad last year. He actually closed out the season well. After trading Ibaka and giving him more spacing, and upping the pace, he averaged like 13-8-7 on 50%FG in the last 25 games. Like i said, i expect Ball to be terrible next season. It doesnt mean that he will bust, PGs are going to take time to develop. His raw stats might look good because im sure the Lakers will have the ball in his hands a lot, but not going to win you as many games as he loses you.

i dont think Murray is going to start for SA, is he? they just signed Mills and Parker.
    Nelson is pretty bad. Murray should take over the starting spot, but you're right he wont be good. So yeah add one more.
    Collison is solid.
    Rose will start until thomas comes back.
    Jackson when healthy isnt that bad.

So yeah most likely bottom 5 IMO

This list is crazy absurd lol. Melo gettin no love

Some of you guys hate Melo and deservingly view him as a high volume shooter who lacks leadership, defense, and heart. You're right. But the guy is not the 64th best player in the NBA.. he's much higher than that. He was stuck on a putrid team with a lack of direction. Noah can't stay healthy and their third best player is Hernangomez. I stated it before, if Melo is on some of these teams trying to climb past the Warriors such as Pelicans, Houston, Cavs, Portland, or Celtics, he could make a huge difference. That's not something the 64th best player should be able to do. If he came to OKC, I would be ecstatic. He's undeserving of a first option role and I think he realizes that. He's a third option player on a championship contender.

Someone said advanced statistics is ruining things. I disagree. It's the misinterpretation of those stats that ruin it. Some of these guys would say, "LeBron has a PER of 27 so he is 2x better than someone who has a PER of 13." They're clueless... but I do believe advanced stats has changed the game to where most teams are adjusting their style of play to be the most efficient they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Some of you guys hate Melo and deservingly view him as a high volume shooter who lacks leadership, defense, and heart. You're right. But the guy is not the 64th best player in the NBA.. he's much higher than that. He was stuck on a putrid team with a lack of direction. Noah can't stay healthy and their third best player is Hernangomez. I stated it before, if Melo is on some of these teams trying to climb past the Warriors such as Pelicans, Houston, Cavs, Portland, or Celtics, he could make a huge difference. That's not something the 64th best player should be able to do. If he came to OKC, I would be ecstatic. He's undeserving of a first option role and I think he realizes that. He's a third option player on a championship contender.

Someone said advanced statistics is ruining things. I disagree. It's the misinterpretation of those stats that ruin it. Some of these guys would say, "LeBron has a PER of 27 so he is 2x better than someone who has a PER of 13." They're clueless... but I do believe advanced stats has changed the game to where most teams are adjusting their style of play to be the most efficient they can be.
    If Embiid could stay healthy he would be number so and so
    If Butler had help last year he would be number so and so
    If Curry were on the Nets he wouldnt be Number so and so

How come we always take the facts we have for just about every other player but when it comes to Melo its he would do this and he would do that and if he played defense he would be here and if he had help he would be there.... He has become a lazy streaking player who has always been overrated and now is quite frankly not even a top 50 player... He is always mad and some kind of ranking and we always make excuses for why he is where he is and why he should be mad but he should stop complaining and go back to the Melp who gave a **** on both ends of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If Embiid could stay healthy he would be number so and so
    If Butler had help last year he would be number so and so
    If Curry were on the Nets he wouldnt be Number so and so

How come we always take the facts we have for just about every other player but when it comes to Melo its he would do this and he would do that and if he played defense he would be here and if he had help he would be there.... He has become a lazy streaking player who has always been overrated and now is quite frankly not even a top 50 player... He is always mad and some kind of ranking and we always make excuses for why he is where he is and why he should be mad but he should stop complaining and go back to the Melp who gave a **** on both ends of the floor.
    Who said anything about him playing defense? He's not a 1st option player so it only makes sense that he could impact the game more efficiently as a third option. None of what you said validates anything. Melo makes your team better if he is used accordingly. Knicks tried to build him as a 1st option player and instead of trading him away or finding a better player, they kept resigning him hoping Melo would change.

Who said anything about him playing defense? He's not a 1st option player so it only makes sense that he could impact the game more efficiently as a third option. None of what you said validates anything. Melo makes your team better if he is used accordingly. Knicks tried to build him as a 1st option player and instead of trading him away or finding a better player, they kept resigning him hoping Melo would change.
    Every player makes a team better if they are used accordingly and to their strengths... Melo takes offense like people on here do because he and they think he is a top 25 player... Top 25 players make their teams better because their skill sets can be used nomatter the situation.... I wont say there is 60 plus players better than melo but I would take 45 plus guys over him... I do agree melo shouldnt be a first option and the knicks dont bring out the best in him but even if he is in the perfect situation he still would find a way to play under peoples expectations and have excuses made for him. Hes not that good anymore

Advanced stats are the reason Melo is 64th and why people in this world think Middleton is better or think Patrick Patterson is at least 25 spots better than Wade.

Y'all make sure to give 11-30 a look today, there's definitely some head scratchers in there.

Kyrie at 25
    Kristaps at 22
    Gobert ahead of Wall

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Is an inefficient, volume scorer who thrives off of ISOs run for him really a championship caliber 3rd option though? I don't think Melo's game really fits into that mold is my point. Like you said, he's not good enough to be a #1 or even a #2 option but his game basically necessitates him being that. And once you get past your top offensive threats do you really want a guy who contributes nothing else besides scoring? If you're not a top 1 or 2 offensive threat I don't think you really want an all-offense guy if on that end he's just a supporting player.

I just don't see how Melo fits into a championship winning puzzle. He's not good enough to be a top offensive threat on a team that wins because he's too inefficient. His offensive game doesn't fit a supporting role. And then he's a negative in basically every other facet of the game.
    I'm assuming you just mean now. At his peak I do think Melo could have been the #1 option on a DEEP balanced team. His scoring ability was elite. Now he needs to go to Houston. I actually think he would thrive there. When he had great PGs like Billups or Iverson his game only got better. When he has Raymond Felton-Jose Calderon-Jerian Grant-Derrick Rose then he's ALL iso and he becomes so much worse from an efficiency stand-point. The fact is he can shoot so playing off the ball with a stud point guard like Chris Paul or James Harden he would score less but his percentages would shoot up. Plus, and this is part compliment/part insult, I do think as a 3rd option in a playoff series he would be a much better defender than as a 1st option on a bad team during the regular season.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

As the certified idiot with Melo in his avatar I'm not outraged. I think Melo is ranked incorrectly but the days of him being a top 30 player are long gone. Maybe I could debate him back into the top 50 but even that is questionable. Not worth the outrage imo. Fun to debate? Yes. But I'm not losing sleep over picking and choosing to try and find 15 guys that he should be ranked above.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast