Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Melo is better than some of those guys, but the ranking is not that outlandish. 50-70 seems about right to me.
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Seems about right

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

As much as I don't like his game, is Derozan really 39th best?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    All that being said, he's still much better than Danny Green and Robert Covington - which automatically makes ESPN's list a gigantic joke.
    to be fair Covs D is as good/impactful as Melos O. that said i still find that ranking off. Im not a Melo guy at all but he should prob be closer to 40-45ish

That isn't really the criteria they are going by.
    my criteria buddy

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Wilkins was scoring nearly 30 points per 36 minutes and shooting 38 percent from three, along with 6.6 rebounds and three assists per game, at age 33. I don't think Anthony will or should get the same usage or score that much in his proper role — a really good third option — but he's still pretty good. I could see him topping 40 percent from three and scoring 20 to 23 points per game as a third option in Houston or Portland.
    This is coming from a non-Anthony fan who doesn't want him on the Blazers.
    yep, I edited it. He is the modern Nique, he just gave up caring by 30.

Melo isn't trash, but the problem is, he likely still thinks he is a core piece to a great team, which is far from the case.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Melo is in the top 10.
    Ok but that wasn't the question.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

people are such sheep ... these lists are created to create controversy so they have something to talk about on that putrid network...

don't take the bait.

Anyone who doesn't think it was intentional to rank those two side by side will never understand marketing

Lmao, no they don't. What you mean is, those guys aren't 1st option players so their only other role is to 3&D. Having Melo on the court is more valuable than any of those guys you just mentioned. The narrative Melo doesn't have any skills to help a team win is a disgusting rumor. It's funny because if Melo goes to the Rockets or Cavs, they are both significantly better teams. Yet, we're supposed to believe Melo is just a scorer and negative value player? Stop it, man. If Celtics had Melo, they would probably be favorites to win the East. He's not someone who can lead a team as the 1st option but as a 3rd option on a championship team? You won't find more than 20 people better.
    Is an inefficient, volume scorer who thrives off of ISOs run for him really a championship caliber 3rd option though? I don't think Melo's game really fits into that mold is my point. Like you said, he's not good enough to be a #1 or even a #2 option but his game basically necessitates him being that. And once you get past your top offensive threats do you really want a guy who contributes nothing else besides scoring? If you're not a top 1 or 2 offensive threat I don't think you really want an all-offense guy if on that end he's just a supporting player.

I just don't see how Melo fits into a championship winning puzzle. He's not good enough to be a top offensive threat on a team that wins because he's too inefficient. His offensive game doesn't fit a supporting role. And then he's a negative in basically every other facet of the game.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I don't know if I could list 60 guys who are better than Melo, but I could list 100 guys I'd rather have on my team.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    people are such sheep ... these lists are created to create controversy so they have something to talk about on that putrid network...

don't take the bait.

Anyone who doesn't think it was intentional to rank those two side by side will never understand marketing
    True say. I did take the DD bait, maybe they are trying to rile up the Canadian readers with that one.

Y'all sleepiong on Melo. Like Kyrie I don't think he is an ideal number 1 on a championship team, but he's the type of guy that can put you over the top. Coaches and defenses still game plan and account hard for a guy like him, I don't care what the advanced stats say.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Is an inefficient, volume scorer who thrives off of ISOs run for him really a championship caliber 3rd option though? I don't think Melo's game really fits into that mold is my point. Like you said, he's not good enough to be a #1 or even a #2 option but his game basically necessitates him being that. And once you get past your top offensive threats do you really want a guy who contributes nothing else besides scoring? If you're not a top 1 or 2 offensive threat I don't think you really want an all-offense guy if on that end he's just a supporting player.

I just don't see how Melo fits into a championship winning puzzle. He's not good enough to be a top offensive threat on a team that wins because he's too inefficient. His offensive game doesn't fit a supporting role. And then he's a negative in basically every other facet of the game.

Team USA Melo is pretty damn good so I disagree. He would be good as a 3rd option.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

don't take the bait.

Yup, pretty much this.

don't take the bait.

You mean the guys who wrote the article didn't spend hours researching who should be ranked #454, versus #453?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast