Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    I still can't believe that ****ing happened.

God forbid that becomes the deciding run in a possible loss tonight...

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Thank God for that quick inning.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Are you ****ing serious?

What bad baserunning by both Happ and Willy. Downright unacceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except it's not unacceptable. Dogging on the bases is part of baseball. How many guys really bust it out of the box on every hit? How many guys hit a high pop fly and walk halfway to first before trotting back to the dugout.

Even Contreras, who's a high energy guy, is slowly walking into home base. Why? You're a professional athlete. Run. All the time. Every time. It's not like these guys are on base for 3 and a half hours every game. When you're running the bases, you should be running the bases.

Unfortunately, that's not the way it works.

I hope Lester turns it around soon. He's been shaky the last few starts. His line would look worse than it already is tonight if it wasn't for some help from the umps.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Except it's not unacceptable. Dogging on the bases is part of baseball. How many guys really bust it out of the box on every hit? How many guys hit a high pop fly and walk halfway to first before trotting back to the dugout.

Even Contreras, who's a high energy guy, is slowly walking into home base. Why? You're a professional athlete. Run. All the time. Every time. It's not like these guys are on base for 3 and a half hours every game. When you're running the bases, you should be running the bases.

Yeah I don't mind the routine ground ball trot that made Aramis Ramirez an unreasonably hated player or not runnning to first on a pop fly that's gonna drop 1 in a million times, but in the case of what just happened I'd say it's pretty unacceptable.

There was no reason for Willy to stare back at what Happ was doing, and there was no reason for Happ to not even attempt a slide at 3rd with 2 outs

It was unacceptable for both of them. For Maddon to have the team embrace the "Respect 90" mantra, they sure as hell didn't do that on that play.

#FlyTheW

I'm glad Zobrist is looking like his healthy self again. Both because we're stuck with him for another two years and because I like him and want him to play well. And also the Cubs need guys who can hit right now lol win-win-win

Rizzo due up with the bases loaded.

Harvey out of the game

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Yeah I don't mind the routine ground ball trot that made Aramis Ramirez an unreasonably hated player or not runnning to first on a pop fly that's gonna drop 1 in a million times, but in the case of what just happened I'd say it's pretty unacceptable.
    I get what you're saying, but how hard is it to run for 4 or 5 seconds. This isn't a company softball game. For that 1 in a million ball that's dropped, I want the runner on third.

I get what you're saying, but how hard is it to run for 4 or 5 seconds. This isn't a company softball game. For that 1 in a million ball that's dropped, I want the runner on third.
    I'd like it too, but I imagine the risk of injury if you give it your honest 100% every routine out that you run goes up dramatically. With players like Aramis Ramirez especially, you'd like them to stay healthy over an extra one or two bases once a month at best.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    There was no reason for Willy to stare back at what Happ was doing, and there was no reason for Happ to not even attempt a slide at 3rd with 2 outs

It was unacceptable for both of them. For Maddon to have the team embrace the "Respect 90" mantra, they sure as hell didn't do that on that play.
    I agree it should be unacceptable, but that's just the way these guys play on the bases. "Respect 90" is a great philosophy. Unfortunately, our guys rarely adhere to it (nor do any other teams).

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'd like it too, but I imagine the risk of injury if you give it your honest 100% every routine out that you run goes up dramatically. With players like Aramis Ramirez especially, you'd like them to stay healthy over an extra one or two bases once a month at best.
    I think the increase in injury risk from running in a straight line for a few seconds a couple of times a day would be infinitesimal, at most.

Bryant, on the other hand, runs the bases like a boss.

I've missed you Willy

Run it out.

Pretty simple.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast