Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

David Wright is confident he'll be back in 2018

Oy.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/david-wright-is-happy-in-repair-and-confident-hell-be-back-in-2018/253822428

So the question remains, which is more likely: David Wright returning as a productive major leaguer or Tim Tebow having a sustained major league career?

Stay tuned. But to me it's a push.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

I think Tebow. Out of the two, he's more likely to get on the field anyway.

He will return when the sun rises in the west, and sets in the east. When the mother of dragons again fills her womb with a human child.

In other words, 2019.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Wright can believe whatever he wants. Ultimately it could take one throw or one diving stop and his career is over.

If Wright comes back, we have our Third Baseman! Still, we have to operate like his isn't a factor here.

....as a coach?

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Got to give the guy credit for determination at least, but what else does he have to strive for?

I love his ethics and have nothing but respect for him trying to fulfill his contract......

He's been an athlete his entire life, so this is about ego too.

I love the guy for the A+ effort, but he's done.
    Last edited by Paulie6986; 09-13-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammatical
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I can't decide what's more sad -- this ignoble end to David's career, or the ****ing vultures on this forum who mock and deride him every step of the way.

I hope he doesn't come back. Not because I don't want him here, but because none of you deserve him.

It's sad to see him go out like this, he will always be remembered fondly and loved by Mets fans.

The Mets just can't count on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I can't decide what's more sad -- this ignoble end to David's career, or the ****ing vultures on this forum who mock and deride him every step of the way.

I hope he doesn't come back. Not because I don't want him here, but because none of you deserve him.
    Its the Wilpon's fault. He could have a graceful end if the Mets acknowledge that if he comes back he is no more than a 1st baseman and actually spent the money on a real replacement at 3rd base. Not going another season of Cabrera/and or Reyes who are below average defensively at the position and don't hit enough to make a significant impact (while having the byproduct be Wright's potential return and in all likelihood subsequent injury).

Unfortunately the money he makes next year preempts the Mets from finding a real replacement.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-12-2017 at 11:57 PM.

You're right. But still. Be mad at the Wilpons, not David. Don't let your cynicism taint your opinion of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You're right. But still. Be mad at the Wilpons, not David. Don't let your cynicism taint your opinion of the man.
    I'm not mad at him. I'm mad his salary prevents the Mets from finding a 3rd baseman because the Wilpons suck.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm not mad at him. I'm mad his salary prevents the Mets from finding a 3rd baseman because the Wilpons suck.
    It doesn't. Insurance is kicking in 75%.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Anyone who's mad at David is an idiot for thinking he should away from $47 million.

Anyone who's mad at the Wilson's is an idiot for thinking they should cut him and forfeit $35,250,000 in insurance reimbursements.

Personally I don't think anyone is mad here. It's just a situation that just is and merits conversation.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Anyone who's mad at David is an idiot for thinking he should away from $47 million.

Anyone who's mad at the Wilson's is an idiot for thinking they should cut him and forfeit $35,250,000 in insurance reimbursements.

Personally I don't think anyone is mad here. It's just a situation that just is and merits conversation.
    I think FoC and I think alike with regards to this situation. There is almost zero reason for DW to retire. The ACTUAL financial hit on the Wilpons is about $11.8M total for years 2018-2020. It would probably cost the Wilpons more to buy him out of his contract. Let DW do whatever he wants. If the Wilpons use DW's contract as an excuse for not improving the team then that's on the Wilpons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast