Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Prescott/Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You can't discount the effect that team factors have on player development though. Players aren't static - they improve and regress. If you put a guy in a good situation it doesn't mean he just mooches off their success forever. It fosters individual development as well. Wilson is a perfect example of that. In the comfort of a reduced role he honed his skills and developed as a player. Luck, on the other side, seems to have regressed to me with the bad habits formed of having to do too much.
    Luck has not regressed lol! Will he come back the same after a serious injury? Well, we can speculate all day. You see though how bad that roster is without him right? It is embarrassing how bad that roster has been around him, but he has been capable of carrying that team to the playoffs almost all by himself. Wilson is good, but outside of Rodgers I'm not sure any QB in the league currently could do anything with that roster.

As for the thread topic, obviously I'm taking Wentz as I'm sure most Cowboys fans are taking Prescott. Both are really good, so it should hopefully make for some memorable games over the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd absolutely, no questions asked, take Mariotta over Dak. I wouldn't hesitate.
    I think most would. If the Colts don't surround Luck with some better talent the Titans might dominate that division for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    This Eagle fan wanted Dak AND Zeke during that draft so you can imagine how I feel. With a full season of both of them done, I prefer Wentz on his ability to be a superstar (Brett Favre-ish), but Dak as a Tom Brady-type. Both will be ruling the division and I look forward to the games.
    That's kind of funny because as a Cowboys fan I was praying there was a way that they could draft Wentz. It's going to be fun watching these two guys battle each other over the next several years.

Wilson looks like a guy regressing to me. He's shown he is incapable of being THE GUY when his D isn't play lights out. This past weekend against GB is just another example.
    It's no coincidence that both Luck and Wilson have probably the two worst OL's in the NFL.

Dak, Wentz, Mariotta, and Carr on the other hand all look like stars on the rise and all have good OL's. It starts in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    This Eagle fan wanted Dak AND Zeke during that draft so you can imagine how I feel. With a full season of both of them done, I prefer Wentz on his ability to be a superstar (Brett Favre-ish), but Dak as a Tom Brady-type. Both will be ruling the division and I look forward to the games.
    That's kind of funny because as a Cowboys fan I was praying there was a way that they could draft Wentz. It's going to be fun watching these two guys battle each other over the next several years.
    I didn't but was we would draft Dak but they would rather run with Gabby and Ponder as the Bust twins who were drafted close to each other. Guess who selected between them?

Why we are champions of the World Series!

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I don't think I agree about Wilson. He's going to be just fine. The Pack are always a team that play him especially well. Pretty sure that game was his worst game last year by far as well.

This is a guy that is performing on offense the past couple of years with an oline that is one of the worst in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. It is a shame seeing Wilson get zero protection and have to run for his life year after year. Same with Luck and the fact that he is on an all around terrible team.

I don't know maybe a Big Ben type. But when I mention Romo I specifically mean when he is dodging defenders. Just look at the TD . He looked just like Romo. But keep in mind that was Romos best and worse talent. Always getting hit just as he released the ball caused a lot of turnovers and injuries but Wentz is bigger.

Dak is the complete opposite. He seems to not let the play get to that point. He doesn't really dance around the pocket like that so there's less a chance of a turnover as well as a big play. I do miss that part of Romo. It's back breaking for a defense to dominate a snap and still give up a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    It is kinda crazy looking back. Wentz was all but linked to Dallas at #4 and Zeke was linked to us at #8.

I knew Dak would be great because he was great at State. Of course, things would have been very different had he been in Philly. Wouldn't have been given that much of a chance with Bradford as the clear starter. Same could have been true for Wentz at Romo. Who knows if Romo would have went down like he did in the preseason last year?

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I don't know maybe a Big Ben type. But when I mention Romo I specifically mean when he is dodging defenders. Just look at the TD . He looked just like Romo. But keep in mind that was Romos best and worse talent. Always getting hit just as he released the ball caused a lot of turnovers and injuries but Wentz is bigger.

Dak is the complete opposite. He seems to not let the play get to that point. He doesn't really dance around the pocket like that so there's less a chance of a turnover as well as a big play. I do miss that part of Romo. It's back breaking for a defense to dominate a snap and still give up a TD.
    There are parts of Big Ben, Favre, and Romo that all show up in Wentz game. He's big and physical like Ben and tough to take down. Believes he can fit any pass into any window like Favre. And he has the scrambling and improvation skills of Favre and Romo. His arm and deep ball are on our with all 3 as well. The only thing really holding Wentz back right now is his passing mechanics and accuracy which is a direct result of some of his wonky mechanics. This part of his game is much better than last season, but it still shows up from time to time like the lateral pass to Agholor.

Also, I'm sure that I am going to be flamed for this by Cowboys fans, but Dak to me is a better version of someone like Alex Smith. Both are above average athletes and mobile. Both are accurate in the short game. Neither really take big risk and protect the ball well. Neither has a particularly big arm. Clearly to me Dak is more talented than Smith, but they are very similar players.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I didn't but was we would draft Dak but they would rather run with Gabby and Ponder as the Bust twins who were drafted close to each other. Guess who selected between them?
    wait now your a Vikes fan? oh my lord this is awesome

Wilson looks like a guy regressing to me. He's shown he is incapable of being THE GUY when his D isn't play lights out. This past weekend against GB is just another example.
    I disagree. I think he's a much better player than he was early in his career. If he was the player he was early in his career I think that GB game would have looked even worse. I think he does a much better job of seeing the field, reading defenses, getting his team into better plays. Their offense has really expanded in terms of the different things they do because Wilson has progressed to be able to handle it. That doesn't mean it always works though. The point is that he started out in a limited role and then developed as a player to where he can handle a more diverse arsenal of offensive concepts and plays.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    wait now your a Vikes fan? oh my lord this is awesome
    His a magnificent troll it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Luck has not regressed lol! Will he come back the same after a serious injury? Well, we can speculate all day. You see though how bad that roster is without him right? It is embarrassing how bad that roster has been around him, but he has been capable of carrying that team to the playoffs almost all by himself. Wilson is good, but outside of Rodgers I'm not sure any QB in the league currently could do anything with that roster.
    Maybe not regressed but he certainly hasn't grown. Still does the same dumb things every now and then.

Think of it like learning math. You start out with basic concepts and work your way up. By mastering those basic concepts they become second nature and you can draw on them once you get to more complicated stuff later. First you learn addition... 9 + 9 = 18. Then you get to multiplication... 9 *3 = 27. By learning addition first you can conceptually understand that 9 * 3 is essentially 9 + 9 + 9. Because you mastered the more basic skill first, once you get to the harder stuff you have a better knowledge base to draw on. If you just started out with the multiplication you wouldn't conceptually understand it as well.

I see playing QB in the same light. if you're just thrown into the fire carrying a team it's a lot to take. If you're able to start out in a more limited role you can build better fundamentals and tendencies that you draw back on once your role expands. Wilson started out being told to protect the ball over all else. Now the teams needs him to do more but he still has it ingrained in him to avoid mistakes being over aggressive. So he has that balance. Luck on the other hand was put in a spot where he needed to take greater risks and that puts him at a disadvantage.

People discount mentality so much. Luck has a bad team but if you just put him on a better one it's not going to completely change his mental approach to the game. If you play like an aggressive gunslinger out of necessity that's going to ingrain habits in your brain.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast