Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Prescott/Wentz

While this a solid debate topic it's really going to just turn into an Eagles/Cowboys hatefest like usual. I think both QBs are really good and it's hard to judge at this point. I think we will only know a few more years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This. Why would I compare him to the current Ben?

Ben was big enough to make guys bounce off, moved well enough to make guys miss, and could take off and go when he needed to.

Romo's more of the eludes in the pocket, not much of an actual runner though.
    Yea young Bens ability to move was underrated. Similar to Wentz right now. Difference I see is Wentz doesn't quite yet have the strength to be wrapped up and still make the throw.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    While this a solid debate topic it's really going to just turn into an Eagles/Cowboys hatefest like usual. I think both QBs are really good and it's hard to judge at this point. I think we will only know a few more years down the road.
    It's like those year years Wilson/Luck threads.

One guy came to a more complete team that just had a bad year (Dak/Wilson); and their job was to take care of the ball and move chains.

The other guy came into a bad team in a bad place (Wentz/Luck) and how far the team goes is more on their shoulders because for the most part they are the offense.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea young Bens ability to move was underrated. Similar to Wentz right now. Difference I see is Wentz doesn't quite yet have the strength to be wrapped up and still make the throw.
    Absolutely. I don't think he's going to be a bounce off tackler type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's like those year years Wilson/Luck threads.

One guy came to a more complete team that just had a bad year (Dak/Wilson); and their job was to take care of the ball and move chains.

The other guy came into a bad team in a bad place (Wentz/Luck) and how far the team goes is more on their shoulders because for the most part they are the offense.
    Two times in a row I agree with you.

Very similar situations. Arguably Luck/Wentz are the more talented QBs than Wilson/Dak as well. Results are different though due to situation but not necessarily a knock on the talent of Wilson/Dak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

You can't discount the effect that team factors have on player development though. Players aren't static - they improve and regress. If you put a guy in a good situation it doesn't mean he just mooches off their success forever. It fosters individual development as well. Wilson is a perfect example of that. In the comfort of a reduced role he honed his skills and developed as a player. Luck, on the other side, seems to have regressed to me with the bad habits formed of having to do too much.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Id take Wentz 100 out of 100 times... Hell Id take mariota as well 100 out of 100 times over him... I havent and dont see the hype... The dude was sick last year but he is going to fall so hard... if you are looking for everything a QB should have Wentz has it.
    No.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    HMMM, I think as far as Wentz goes and leadership and decision making, he is pretty good as a rookie and 2nd year QB. He is a team captain, he speaks us and says the right things. No concern on leadership at all.

Decision making as a 2nd year player is also pretty good. While playing behind a shady O-line and facing pressure as much as he does he keeps his eyes downfield and makes the right pass. Sometimes that pass might be risky tho but that is also his style of play (why he reminds me of favre). It is definitely easier for a QB to make a pass (decision) when he is standing in the pocket without pressure.

All in all two very good young QB's. I feel as if Wentz is doing more with less so that is why I pick him over Dak.
    He's not doing more with less though, he's doing less with less.
    Yankees Farm System

This Eagle fan wanted Dak AND Zeke during that draft so you can imagine how I feel. With a full season of both of them done, I prefer Wentz on his ability to be a superstar (Brett Favre-ish), but Dak as a Tom Brady-type. Both will be ruling the division and I look forward to the games.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

As a fan of the Giants, I'm more concerned about Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    He's not doing more with less though, he's doing less with less.
    Depends on how you define more/less. Wentz is responsible for a much larger share of the offense than Dak is. This season will be a better test as both teams are a bit more comparable in terms of offensive talent.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    No.
    I'd absolutely, no questions asked, take Mariotta over Dak. I wouldn't hesitate.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You can't discount the effect that team factors have on player development though. Players aren't static - they improve and regress. If you put a guy in a good situation it doesn't mean he just mooches off their success forever. It fosters individual development as well. Wilson is a perfect example of that. In the comfort of a reduced role he honed his skills and developed as a player. Luck, on the other side, seems to have regressed to me with the bad habits formed of having to do too much.
    Wilson looks like a guy regressing to me. He's shown he is incapable of being THE GUY when his D isn't play lights out. This past weekend against GB is just another example.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Wilson looks like a guy regressing to me. He's shown he is incapable of being THE GUY when his D isn't play lights out. This past weekend against GB is just another example.
    I don't think I agree about Wilson. He's going to be just fine. The Pack are always a team that play him especially well. Pretty sure that game was his worst game last year by far as well.

This is a guy that is performing on offense the past couple of years with an oline that is one of the worst in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    As a fan of the Giants, I'm more concerned about Wentz.
    This matters more then what homer cowboys and eagles fans have to say.

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast