New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Joe Girardi. Now there's a manager who knows how to handle a Bullpen. And Brian Cashman, there's a GM who provides his skipper with an top notch Bullpen. Girardi having the guts to yank CC in the 4th up 5-1 before things imploded. Genius. David Robertson escaped any jam they were in. Collins would've left the starter in or brought in a AAA quality relief pitcher who would stink up the joint. It starts at the top. The Steinbrenners just know how to win and the Wilpons are content just playing out the schedule. This starts at the minor league level as well. The Brooklyn Cyclones are content having fun and being an amusement for young fans. 1 ring they didn't even fully win. The Staten Island Yankees have the most Chips in the NY Penn League. There you have it.

The Yankees know how to run a team in NYC. The other little league owners don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much is said about comparing payrolls of both teams.

More needs to be said about comparing signing bonuses and over slotting.

Do the Yankees have access to better prospects than the Mets because of their financial policies?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    Joe Girardi. Now there's a manager who knows how to handle a Bullpen.

And Brian Cashman, there's a GM who provides his skipper with an top notch Bullpen. Girardi having the guts to yank CC in the 4th up 5-1 before things imploded. Genius. David Robertson escaped any jam they were in. Collins would've left the starter in or brought in a AAA quality relief pitcher who would stink up the joint. It starts at the top. The Steinbrenners just know how to win and the Wilpons are content just playing out the schedule. This starts at the minor league level as well. The Brooklyn Cyclones are content having fun and being an amusement for young fans. 1 ring they didn't even fully win. The Staten Island Yankees have the most Chips in the NY Penn League. There you have it.
    Listened to WFAN for the first time in ages a week or so ago. Yankee fan after Yankee fan was calling Francesa about Girardi's mismanagement of the bullpen.

See, I'm not defending TC and the Mets here. I'm pointing out the lack of objectivity. The grass is not always greener somewhere else. Fans typically seem to look at their team more critically than other teams.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-12-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Do the Yankees have access to better prospects than the Mets because of their financial policies?
    No. Spending amounts are fixed by the commissioner's office for amateur free agents, international and domestic.

I'm not defending Mets policies here, Im pointing out that the direction you might be headed with your question is not legitimate.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Not anymore. But I already explained that to you a few weeks ago.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Not anymore. But I already explained that to you a few weeks ago.
    I can't remember what i had for breakfast two hours ago and I'm supposed to remember what you told me a few weeks ago?

Oh, right, banana pancakes, coffee with half n half.

But still!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Listened to WFAN for the first time in ages a week or so ago. Yankee fan after Yankee fan was calling Francesa about Girardi's mismanagement of the bullpen.

See, I'm not defending TC and the Mets here. I'm pointing out the lack of objectivity. The grass is not always greener somewhere else. Fans typically seem to look at their team more critically than other teams.
    Agreed.

Every Yankee fan i know whines on endlessly about Girardi's alleged failings.

I'm not defending Mets policies here, Im pointing out that the direction you might be headed with your question is not legitimate.
    Keep up the good work.

They don't realize how good they have it and they're beyond spoiled. That's why they're complaining. Hopefully they fire and we hire him. That would be amazing. All of his teams overachieve their predicted Pythagorean w/l records. The Yankees weren't even supposed to compete this season. Yet here they are 3.5 games up on a Wild Card.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Agreed.

Every Yankee fan i know whines on endlessly about Girardi's alleged failings.
    They're spoiled brats

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    They don't realize how good they have it and they're beyond spoiled. That's why they're complaining. Hopefully they fire and we hire him. That would be amazing. All of his teams overachieve their predicted Pythagorean w/l records. The Yankees weren't even supposed to compete this season. Yet here they are 3.5 games up on a Wild Card.
    And then Mets fans will complain about how he handles the bullpen. See how it works?

Death
    Taxes
    Fans complaining about BP management.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Duda used his old locker last night.

Home again.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."