Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Week 2: Lions 24, Giants 10

WEEK 2

DETROIT LIONS AT NEW YORK GIANTS

Monday, September 18th
    8:30pm ET

ESPN

We're gonna need this guy back...

Im scared to even think about this game. Unless they shake up that Oline, adjust the play calling offensively and OBJ comes back I have no idea what to expect. Im just hoping for the best at this point. It may still be early but smh............

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksDynasty11 View Post
    Im scared to even think about this game. Unless they shake up that Oline, adjust the play calling offensively and OBJ comes back I have no idea what to expect. Im just hoping for the best at this point. It may still be early but smh............
    The Giants dominated them last year, but Stafford was playing injured. The defense should still be able to contain their offense, but the Giant D will be gassed by halftime if the offense doesn't get anything going again.

The Giants also beat the cowboys twice last year. This year it wasnt as close as the score predicts. Something needs to give on offense.

Like you said the D will be gassed by halftime if the offense cant get it together which means another loss.

Can there be a "dont even want to think about it" option lol

We're gonna lose and we're going to be *****ing about the oline again, some people will unfairly blame Eli alone again, McAdoo will again fail to adjust.

Bold prediction: within the next 2 seasons (2018 or 2019) McAdoo will be gone and Spags will be HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol guys it was 1 week. If obj plays we win. Think flunker will take jerrys spot or so I hope. Gary light kot play. They are considering wheeler. If obj plays we win by 10
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We're gonna lose and we're going to be *****ing about the oline again, some people will unfairly blame Eli alone again, McAdoo will again fail to adjust.

Bold prediction: within the next 2 seasons (2018 or 2019) McAdoo will be gone and Spags will be HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you look at the two successful HCs we've had that being Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin....they were tough hard nosed guys that did things their way....no matter what management thought. It's what made them successful in the league.

Coach Mac did what he had to do last year.....that being making the playoffs....it wasn't pretty but he made it...11-5 record, not bad.

So I'm not ready to bail him just yet. We got to get our little ***** back in there first....that same ****** Oline beat Dallas twice last year so I think they will play better Sunday vs Detroit. But they definitely need to get tougher.

But I'd like to see a little more barking from coach at the oline aka Bill Parcells when assignments get missed and getting in the OC ear a little more.

He's still new to this so I get him being conservative with the players but at some point you have to establish yourself as the HC.

I think we win this game behind the home crowd.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

I just can't picture us as a playoff team with this line .... I don't know how we did it last year the defense was phenomenal... I know it was week 1 but the line just looked lost... got blown passed... I saw Dallas only blitzed on 7% of the time and our line couldn't hold

The Giants haven't scored 20 points in 7 consecutive games now.

Even with Odell the offense isn't very good. Without him its apparently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Lol guys it was 1 week.
    I'm usually the "calm your jets" voice, but this is different. There is a severe issue in fundamentals. Maybe the guys rebound and have a good game against the Lions, but for the long haul, behind this oline....we're ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    If obj plays we win. Think flunker will take jerrys spot or so I hope. Gary light kot play. They are considering wheeler. If obj plays we win by 10
    I doubt they make an oline change at this point. Maybe mid-game if the issues continue, but more likely week 3. I still don't think we'll see OBJ for another 2 games or so. Or he plays limited snaps as a decoy more than anything. If its a high ankle sprain, it's gonna be a long season of ups and downs, and unreliable injury reports (remember Plax in 07?).

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    When you look at the two successful HCs we've had that being Bill Parcells and Tom Coughlin....they were tough hard nosed guys that did things their way....no matter what management thought. It's what made them successful in the league.

Coach Mac did what he had to do last year.....that being making the playoffs....it wasn't pretty but he made it...11-5 record, not bad.

So I'm not ready to bail him just yet. We got to get our little ***** back in there first....that same ****** Oline beat Dallas twice last year so I think they will play better Sunday vs Detroit. But they definitely need to get tougher.

But I'd like to see a little more barking from coach at the oline aka Bill Parcells when assignments get missed and getting in the OC ear a little more.

He's still new to this so I get him being conservative with the players but at some point you have to establish yourself as the HC.

I think we win this game behind the home crowd.
    How dare you leave out Steve Owen!

Here's what I can't understand and why I think McAdoo will be doomed; the man showed up in NY with a brand new offensive system, new language, etc. and he had to teach it to a veteran QB who had been in the league for almost 10 years under the same OC. But the system was good and Eli is smart, so he nailed it. Immediate improvement and the offense was as efficient as I've seen a Giants offense since Simms. Year 1 as HC, it all went away. The entire playcalling and game planning did a 180 and it makes no sense whatsoever. Suddenly its purely controlling the clock and relying on the defense, while he sits on a potentially deadly offensive attack. I don't get it, especially from a Green Bay coach.

Then you have this senior coach who is leading the defense and inspiring the team, while McAdoo simplifies and lays back on offense.

Then factor in that last year's record and playoff appearance was IN SPITE of McAdoo's coaching, not because of it and I just feel like he's got a very short leash right now. Hence the bold prediction. In reality, there's a FO failure on developing the oline in the draft and FA, but the FO is more likely to push it down on the coaches and players, so I don't think we're gonna see Reese take a hit before McAdoo does.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    I just can't picture us as a playoff team with this line .... I don't know how we did it last year the defense was phenomenal... I know it was week 1 but the line just looked lost... got blown passed... I saw Dallas only blitzed on 7% of the time and our line couldn't hold
    I only have 1 thought that keeps my hopes alive. Cowboys lost just 3 games last year and 2 of them were us. They're bitter rivals who have been waiting for last weeks game for months. It may have just been one of those games...

Lion fan here. Seems like this week is taking forever. It's the same whether you win or lose in week 1. We won and so we are excited for the 2nd game to see if we can get something serious going, and when you lose you just want the next game to get here so you can hopefully get a win and get something good started also.

This game is a 50-50 toss up. I have thought about it and tried to find an advantage either team can count on and I just can't find anything that would see it past a 50-50 toss up.

On our side.
    We have a healthy team finally. We have several players that were not in last year's game. Stafford has a working throwing hand now and looked great last week against last year's number 1 defense in the Cardinals. Our offense hung 4 TD's on them and our D one TD.

We have a better offensive line as well because we signed the two best free agent OL guys avainlable, including Lang who used to black for Rogers in Green Bay and was one of the best. Our OL did a great job against a defense that is as good as your pass rush. So our offense is FLAT OUT better than your offense. No doubt about it, we have a ton of weapons and a QB who is in his prime right now and is one of the top 5 in the league.

Our Defense also looked terrific against the Cardinals. They are young, strong and fast. We have our new rookie Jarad Davis starting at the Mike and the kid is going to be a good one. They say he has the RAY LEWIS attitude and body too. Our defensive backs are finally healthy and deep and covered very well last week and picked off CP 3 times including a pick six.

We have a dangerous FG kicker in Prater who can knock them down from 55 plus fairly consistently.

So yes, you are facing a completely different team than what you faced last year

BUT, you guys have a fine defense as well, very much like the Cardinals. So we will have a tough time rushing against you as we did against them. But you will find that Ngata and big A'Shawn Robinson for us will be tough to run on for you as well. We shut down the best back in the league from last year and held them to like 51 yards rushing.

You also have probably the biggest factor, and that's the opening day home field advantage, and that can mean everything when the crowd gets the home team rocking as we did last week in ours.

The Lions are young, strong, fast and hungry right now. No doubt we are a better offense and it really isn't even close. But you have the better defense though not by much if what we saw in week one from ours is consistent. With you also having the huge home field factor on a Monday night National TV audience this thing just shapes up to be a coin flip game.

If this were at Detroit NO DOUBT the Lions whip you and I claim whip you worse than Dallas did. So home field for you is what makes this a coin toss game. At Detroit and there's no doubt we win. Our offense is simply way better than yours. Our defense would be able to hold your bad offense down like Dallas did for sure. So we are a better overall team this year, but home field gives you the 50-50 shot Monday.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by PistonRings View Post
    Lion fan here. Seems like this week is taking forever. It's the same whether you win or lose in week 1. We won and so we are excited for the 2nd game to see if we can get something serious going, and when you lose you just want the next game to get here so you can hopefully get a win and get something good started also.

This game is a 50-50 toss up. I have thought about it and tried to find an advantage either team can count on and I just can't find anything that would see it past a 50-50 toss up.

On our side.
    We have a healthy team finally. We have several players that were not in last year's game. Stafford has a working throwing hand now and looked great last week against last year's number 1 defense in the Cardinals. Our offense hung 4 TD's on them and our D one TD.

We have a better offensive line as well because we signed the two best free agent OL guys avainlable, including Lang who used to black for Rogers in Green Bay and was one of the best. Our OL did a great job against a defense that is as good as your pass rush. So our offense is FLAT OUT better than your offense. No doubt about it, we have a ton of weapons and a QB who is in his prime right now and is one of the top 5 in the league.

Our Defense also looked terrific against the Cardinals. They are young, strong and fast. We have our new rookie Jarad Davis starting at the Mike and the kid is going to be a good one. They say he has the RAY LEWIS attitude and body too. Our defensive backs are finally healthy and deep and covered very well last week and picked off CP 3 times including a pick six.

We have a dangerous FG kicker in Prater who can knock them down from 55 plus fairly consistently.

So yes, you are facing a completely different team than what you faced last year

BUT, you guys have a fine defense as well, very much like the Cardinals. So we will have a tough time rushing against you as we did against them. But you will find that Ngata and big A'Shawn Robinson for us will be tough to run on for you as well. We shut down the best back in the league from last year and held them to like 51 yards rushing.

You also have probably the biggest factor, and that's the opening day home field advantage, and that can mean everything when the crowd gets the home team rocking as we did last week in ours.

The Lions are young, strong, fast and hungry right now. No doubt we are a better offense and it really isn't even close. But you have the better defense though not by much if what we saw in week one from ours is consistent. With you also having the huge home field factor on a Monday night National TV audience this thing just shapes up to be a coin flip game.

If this were at Detroit NO DOUBT the Lions whip you and I claim whip you worse than Dallas did. So home field for you is what makes this a coin toss game. At Detroit and there's no doubt we win. Our offense is simply way better than yours. Our defense would be able to hold your bad offense down like Dallas did for sure. So we are a better overall team this year, but home field gives you the 50-50 shot Monday.
    http://det.247sports.com/Bolt/Writer...elite-53379414

How many playoff wins does Stafford have? Thatís right, zero. Zip. Zilch. Heís 0-3 in playoff starts. Now, thatís not the only measure of a quarterback. After all, Mark Sanchez has four playoff wins. But for Stafford to make that jump into the next category with quarterbacks such as Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck and Cam Newton, heís going to need to do something in the postseason. He might never be in the category of Rodgers or Brady, or even Drew Brees or Eli Manning, but some playoff success would elevate his status.
    Funny, I was talking to a Detroit Lions fan the other day and he's pumped about this game....he's bragging about Stafford is the best QB in the league...Stafford gonna rape the Giants...so on and so on.

For me personally, I don't believe in paying a QB max money for not winning in the playoffs. The highest paid QB....no the highest paid player in the league... he'd better rip our defense apart.

I agree with you that its 50-50 Sunday , I get you being excited about being 1-0....I guess I would be to if I was a Lions fan....that would mean my team is not going 0-16... right

No doubt we are a better offense and it really isn't even close.
    Your right but we've been waiting a long time for this offense to explode....the look on your face... when Eli throws for 565 yards and 4 TD and we run for 100+ yards and the talk all week is how the Giants may have found their offense....the look on your face will be priceless. LOL
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 09-14-2017 at 11:56 AM.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Didn't read much of what he said. But obj practiced and the Giants are going to win
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-8-week-injury

"Odell Beckham Jr. returned to practice in a limited capacity Thursday, revealing that he's dealing with a six- to eight-week injury timeline for his ankle that has already cost him the New York Giants' season opener against the Dallas Cowboys".

Strong chance Odell doesn't return until our 3rd or 4th game. Could be sidelined for more games.

He hopes to play Monday
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast