Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 155
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,786
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    As someone who has worked in trials for these exact incidents, the chance of someone being convicted for sexual assault and/or rape is already very low, the chance that someone is falsely convicted is even lower.
    It's odd that you would state this with such conviction and confidence.....it's something you couldn't know.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,786
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LOL. Just from my personal experience trying these cases, we got a conviction on every single child rape or similar Court-Martial we prosecuted. We didn't get a single conviction on any of our "he said/she said" date rape/sexual assault cases.

    The problem for the date rape cases is, what evidence can you possible expect to get? Almost all physical evidence is only truly evidence that they had sex, it's very difficult to find any actual evidence that confirmed rape.

    The most compelling evidence we generally get for convictions is actually the accused texting the victim the next day saying things like "sorry" or "I shouldn't have done that" or admitting guilt.
    So then the question becomes. Are any accusations that don't involve something like this not actually assaults? What constitutes assault (genuinely asking)?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    some want the "victim" to have a sense of responsibility, ie, don't put yourself in harm's way. Easier said than done, but if you go to a frat party, and get ****ing lit up, while you should never expect anything to happen to you, shame on you for putting yourself in a very vulnerable position.
    Ah yes, if you get ****ed up you should get raped. You can't say they shouldn't expect anything to happen to them and then cast shame on them. You have to make up your mind on this one.

    It's not a "double-edged sword" lol. If you sexually assault someone, no matter what their condition is, you are in the wrong. That's it.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,786
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Ah yes, if you get ****ed up you should get raped. You can't say they shouldn't expect anything to happen to them and then cast shame on them. You have to make up your mind on this one.

    It's not a "double-edged sword" lol. If you sexually assault someone, no matter what their condition is, you are in the wrong. That's it.
    Except, is it sexual assault if you go to a party in college with a girl you know, you both get drunk, and then hook up while both being inebriated but capable of the act?

    Is it assault if she's on bottom? On top? Falling asleep? Slapping your ***?



    That's the issue. Where is the line? And how do you define it universally?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    some want the "victim" to have a sense of responsibility, ie, don't put yourself in harm's way. Easier said than done, but if you go to a frat party, and get ****ing lit up, while you should never expect anything to happen to you, shame on you for putting yourself in a very vulnerable position. And on the flip side, if you are in a frat, and take advantage, knowingly, of a drunk chick, shame on you for acting in that manner.
    .
    Oh good god


    "I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol


  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    10,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's odd that you would state this with such conviction and confidence.....it's something you couldn't know.
    Come on. If it's hard to convict when something actually happened... you are telling me it would in some way be easier to convict when something didn't actually happen. That make logical sense to you. What's easier proving the existence of horses... or proving the existence of unicorns?

    Sorry, I will admit there is little data, though the number of overturned convictions is miniscule compared to the number of convictions, so if he's wrong and it is easier to convict without the thing happening then there goes this theory that there are a lot of false accusations.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    10,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Except, is it sexual assault if you go to a party in college with a girl you know, you both get drunk, and then hook up while both being inebriated but capable of the act?

    Is it assault if she's on bottom? On top? Falling asleep? Slapping your ***?



    That's the issue. Where is the line? And how do you define it universally?
    OHHHHHH NO.... There is no solid line so I can know if I am crossing a line? Jesus ****ing christ. You want a bright solid line you can walk up to and know it's OK.... sorry doesn't exist. If you have an inkling that you are crossing a line perhaps check in with the other person. If you think that are too smashed to give consent stop ****ing. If they are falling asleep... by that I mean unconscious....STOP ****ing. There are no solid lines.

    We want to talk about girls protecting themselves from a vulnerable situation.... HOW BOUT the guys protect themselves from a VULNERABLE ****ING SITUATION! You don't want to ruin your life? Practice some caution when getting hammered and ****ing.

    All of ya'll who are taking this position about alcohol and sex... if you are willing to blame the lady for it, well by logic you should be willing to blame the guy for it. EVERY kid on college campuses is told about this ****. So if a guy ****s some hammered drunk girl, he's putting himself at risk for expulsion. If you can't except this and still talk about girl's responsibility to protect themselves. Then you just have a full of **** argument, where you want all the risk on one side of the sexual equation. You may not think of yourself as mysogynistic, but that certainly is a mysoginistic argument.
    Last edited by flips333; 09-13-2017 at 07:20 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,812
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Ah yes, if you get ****ed up you should get raped. You can't say they shouldn't expect anything to happen to them and then cast shame on them. You have to make up your mind on this one.

    It's not a "double-edged sword" lol. If you sexually assault someone, no matter what their condition is, you are in the wrong. That's it.
    w....t......f

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    70,812
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Oh good god
    if you go drinking all night, and make a bad decision and sleep with a guy, then wake up and scream, "I didn't consent!" because you regret it, well, shame on you to much of a degree. If you are hellbent on being moral, and being safe, then don't go out and toss yourself in harm's way, this is not just for rape, but anything in this world. That is the type of action something like this can end up promoting. And that is the issue many have.

    Whether you agree or not, as humans, we have a responsibility to not put ourselves in positions of potential danger, and getting drunk enough to not make coherent decisions is exactly that.

    I am not blaming the victim. I am stating, as humans, most of us have made decisions where we go, "man, that was stupid". You live and learn. If someone is actually raped, well, that is a completely different story. Toss the book at the perp for that

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    10,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if you go drinking all night, and make a bad decision and sleep with a guy, then wake up and scream, "I didn't consent!" because you regret it, well, shame on you to much of a degree. If you are hellbent on being moral, and being safe, then don't go out and toss yourself in harm's way, this is not just for rape, but anything in this world. That is the type of action something like this can end up promoting. And that is the issue many have.

    Whether you agree or not, as humans, we have a responsibility to not put ourselves in positions of potential danger, and getting drunk enough to not make coherent decisions is exactly that.

    I am not blaming the victim. I am stating, as humans, most of us have made decisions where we go, "man, that was stupid". You live and learn. If someone is actually raped, well, that is a completely different story. Toss the book at the perp for that
    then the same is true for the guy who sleeps with a trashed lady and gets accused of sexual assault. I'm not blaming the victim... But hell take some responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    26,522
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    OHHHHHH NO.... There is no solid line so I can know if I am crossing a line? Jesus ****ing christ. You want a bright solid line you can walk up to and know it's OK.... sorry doesn't exist. If you have an inkling that you are crossing a line perhaps check in with the other person. If you think that are too smashed to give consent stop ****ing. If they are falling asleep... by that I mean unconscious....STOP ****ing. There are no solid lines.



    We want to talk about girls protecting themselves from a vulnerable situation.... HOW BOUT the guys protect themselves from a VULNERABLE ****ING SITUATION! You don't want to ruin your life? Practice some caution when getting hammered and ****ing.

    All of ya'll who are taking this position about alcohol and sex... if you are willing to blame the lady for it, well by logic you should be willing to blame the guy for it. EVERY kid on college campuses is told about this ****. So if a guy ****s some hammered drunk girl, he's putting himself at risk for expulsion. If you can't except this and still talk about girl's responsibility to protect themselves. Then you just have a full of **** argument, where you want all the risk on one side of the sexual equation. You may not think of yourself as mysogynistic, but that certainly is a mysoginistic argument.
    women and scientists are already ruining football, can you leave drunken sex alone? anyway, I again am confused. I have always thought the line was pretty bright (maybe this is b/c I am good looking and have a big dick??). Here is where I see the line. She says no, don't **** her. She is passing out, don't **** her. She can't talk right or is clearly ****ed up and you are initiating all the sexual contact, don't **** her. On the other hand if you are both ****ed up and she guides you inside her while telling you to **** her you're OK.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    10,192
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    women and scientists are already ruining football, can you leave drunken sex alone? anyway, I again am confused. I have always thought the line was pretty bright (maybe this is b/c I am good looking and have a big dick??). Here is where I see the line. She says no, don't **** her. She is passing out, don't **** her. She can't talk right or is clearly ****ed up and you are initiating all the sexual contact, don't **** her. On the other hand if you are both ****ed up and she guides you inside her while telling you to **** her you're OK.
    Ewing you should be working in the title 9 office at a college or university. You would just have to say **** a little less.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    26,522
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Ewing you should be working in the title 9 office at a college or university. You would just have to say **** a little less.
    The language has been held against me in the past. It's hard to curb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,786
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Come on. If it's hard to convict when something actually happened... you are telling me it would in some way be easier to convict when something didn't actually happen.
    No, I'm saying it's impossible to know how many are falsely convicted, but we know it happens.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...211689741.html


    That make logical sense to you. What's easier proving the existence of horses... or proving the existence of unicorns?
    Let's stop jumping to fallacies and assuming what you think I might have meant, and just take what I literally said. It's much cleaner.


    Sorry, I will admit there is little data, though the number of overturned convictions is miniscule compared to the number of convictions
    Well obviously. That's with anything. I never said it was a high number to begin with. But we have no way of knowing how often people are falsely convicted.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48,786
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    OHHHHHH NO.... There is no solid line so I can know if I am crossing a line? Jesus ****ing christ. You want a bright solid line you can walk up to and know it's OK.... sorry doesn't exist. If you have an inkling that you are crossing a line perhaps check in with the other person. If you think that are too smashed to give consent stop ****ing. If they are falling asleep... by that I mean unconscious....STOP ****ing. There are no solid lines.

    We want to talk about girls protecting themselves from a vulnerable situation.... HOW BOUT the guys protect themselves from a VULNERABLE ****ING SITUATION! You don't want to ruin your life? Practice some caution when getting hammered and ****ing.

    All of ya'll who are taking this position about alcohol and sex... if you are willing to blame the lady for it, well by logic you should be willing to blame the guy for it. EVERY kid on college campuses is told about this ****. So if a guy ****s some hammered drunk girl, he's putting himself at risk for expulsion. If you can't except this and still talk about girl's responsibility to protect themselves. Then you just have a full of **** argument, where you want all the risk on one side of the sexual equation. You may not think of yourself as mysogynistic, but that certainly is a mysoginistic argument.
    Yeah, I'm not asking for some magical line in the sand, but clearly people have a vast difference in definitions of what constitutes sexual assault. To some, it requires someone to be passed the **** out, saying no, or clearly against it. Others simply see it as inebriation.

    There is a massive ****ing difference, and it can literally ruin lives.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •