Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Cause again you seem to be having an argument with yourself. Can you make that thread so we can just read your arguments for and against the same thing?
    lol, I wanna see this!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you guy don't care if someone is falsely accused and labeled a rapist if it leads to more people coming forward?
    As someone who has worked in trials for these exact incidents, the chance of someone being convicted for sexual assault and/or rape is already very low, the chance that someone is falsely convicted is even lower.

It's weird that we are focusing on people being falsely accused of rape when statistically by far the more severe problem is people not feeling comfortable enough to come forward.

Like if we are doing a ratio, what is the acceptable number of people not coming forward to prevent a single false accusation? 10 to 1? 5 to 1? Right now it's more like 20 to 1. That's not good.

I am totally lost in this thread. What is it that is or would make both more people come forward and more people come forward with false accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    As someone who has worked in trials for these exact incidents, the chance of someone being convicted for sexual assault and/or rape is already very low, the chance that someone is falsely convicted is even lower.

It's weird that we are focusing on people being falsely accused of rape when statistically by far the more severe problem is people not feeling comfortable enough to come forward.

Like if we are doing a ratio, what is the acceptable number of people not coming forward to prevent a single false accusation? 10 to 1? 5 to 1? Right now it's more like 20 to 1. That's not good.
    IDK, i am confused by this whole discussion
    Last edited by ewing; 09-12-2017 at 02:13 PM.

IDK, i am confused my this whole discussion
    LOL. Just from my personal experience trying these cases, we got a conviction on every single child rape or similar Court-Martial we prosecuted. We didn't get a single conviction on any of our "he said/she said" date rape/sexual assault cases.

The problem for the date rape cases is, what evidence can you possible expect to get? Almost all physical evidence is only truly evidence that they had sex, it's very difficult to find any actual evidence that confirmed rape.

The most compelling evidence we generally get for convictions is actually the accused texting the victim the next day saying things like "sorry" or "I shouldn't have done that" or admitting guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It's not that I don't care. It's just that I would rather women who were assaulted come forward. I believe the process with be adjudicated properly for people accused falsely. However it can't by definition for those who are too afraid to come out.
    Its such a sticky situation

The issue is that sex has that facet to it naturally. Women love to feel forced, its natural, its part of what attracts the silky smooth sexy delicate woman to a strong masculine man. So think about it, a lotta times when we playing this flirt game we got those elements going on anyway. So it blurs the line and makes it hard to see exactly where it went from playing that game to becoming an actual legitimate FORCED infringement on somebody.

Two of my homies tag team this one ***** and afterward she called the cops on some rape ****. That's scary as ****, cuz like she was with the filthiest, foulest **** when all horned up, but when she came down off that high she regret it. Even myself one time, man, I KNOW this chick just wanted me to rape her, I could tell that's what got her off, but maaan I just couldn't get it out my head, what if there's a one percent chance I'm wrong, just ONE percent. I couldn't do it, I ended up *****ing out, lol

Either way tho, its crazy cuz its blurry, and the stakes are SO high. **** is bound to get ugly
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    I am totally lost in this thread. What is it that is or would make both more people come forward and more people come forward with false accusations?
    So stigma around reporting sexual assault leads to folks not making reports. If you remove that stigma then chances are more people would make reports, but more reports means that the # of false reports would probably go up too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Its such a sticky situation

The issue is that sex has that facet to it naturally. Women love to feel forced, its natural, its part of what attracts the silky smooth sexy delicate woman to a strong masculine man. So think about it, a lotta times when we playing this flirt game we got those elements going on anyway. So it blurs the line and makes it hard to see exactly where it went from playing that game to becoming an actual legitimate FORCED infringement on somebody.

Two of my homies tag team this one ***** and afterward she called the cops on some rape ****. That's scary as ****, cuz like she was with the filthiest, foulest **** when all horned up, but when she came down off that high she regret it. Even myself one time, man, I KNOW this chick just wanted me to rape her, I could tell that's what got her off, but maaan I just couldn't get it out my head, what if there's a one percent chance I'm wrong, just ONE percent. I couldn't do it, I ended up *****ing out, lol

Either way tho, its crazy cuz its blurry, and the stakes are SO high. **** is bound to get ugly
    Wow. Sometimes you say some crazy *** ****. You want to know when you can play out a rape fantasy with someone. When you have talked with someone and the have told you. "I want to have a rape fantasy with you."

Then bend over cause she's gonna **** you with a broom handle.

Wow. Sometimes you say some crazy *** ****. You want to know when you can play out a rape fantasy with someone. When you have talked with someone and the have told you. "I want to have a rape fantasy with you."

Then bend over cause she's gonna **** you with a broom handle.
    I'm not saying I'm not gay, but ain't nothing going up my ***!

Oh I know, I've done that, that's easy its just a codeword. orange. lol

That's what you do in a nice, loving, healthy relationship. My situation from the other post was neither of the above.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So stigma around reporting sexual assault leads to folks not making reports. If you remove that stigma then chances are more people would make reports, but more reports means that the # of false reports would probably go up too.
    Oh, well that makes sense I guess. why does this legislation make it more likely that people will come forward? how does it delete the stigma?

Well this thread has gone right the **** off the tracks.

Oh, well that makes sense I guess. why does this legislation make it more likely that people will come forward? how does it delete the stigma?
    According to title 9 colleges are required to set up a system for taking reports of sexual assault, stalking and harassment. Betsy Devos wants to remove these requirements. Having a place to make reports, and having that publicized, and having people trained to deal with such reports makes reports more likley. No worries that the initial reaction is going to be blaming. That removes some of the stigma.

According to title 9 colleges are required to set up a system for taking reports of sexual assault, stalking and harassment. Betsy Devos wants to remove these requirements. Having a place to make reports, and having that publicized, and having people trained to deal with such reports makes reports more likley. No worries that the initial reaction is going to be blaming. That removes some of the stigma.
    how do they report it currently?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

thanks Flips, from this there is nothing nefarious going on. If more false reports result from colleges making people available to victims so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    some want the "victim" to have a sense of responsibility, ie, don't put yourself in harm's way. Easier said than done, but if you go to a frat party, and get ****ing lit up, while you should never expect anything to happen to you, shame on you for putting yourself in a very vulnerable position. And on the flip side, if you are in a frat, and take advantage, knowingly, of a drunk chick, shame on you for acting in that manner.

Idk, it's a double edged sword. Part of me doesn't want kids to not have the fun, and opportunities we all did, and make mistakes. But the other part, also knows that someone being sexually taken advantage of is a horrible thing, and if there are measures that can be taken to help reduce those occurrences, well, we need to embrace them.
    Exactly.

While victims shouldn't be blamed. But also, at what point is a victim kind of setting themselves up? This is a massively grey area, and it's awfully hard to prove intent or knowledge. But I really worry about my kids going to college in 10 years from now.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast