Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i'm here for the rape culture

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Of course it happens.

I don't know the numbers any more than anyone else. But that pretty obviously is happening.

And yes, a number of rapes are unreported as well.

But there is a good amount of regret sex that turns into 'unconsensual' after the fact. I know a number of people accused over that.

there is a campus wide effort at the local university that argues if someone has had a drink, they can not consent.

I dunno how many of you partied in high school/college and drank. But that's ****ing ********.
    One of the problems with that is that usually means both parties are victims/abusers. Because most of the time both parties partook usually at a party........party party party!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A1SiQkPqYM

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I see little reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hope I'm wrong, but until I see any plan or strategy I'm not gonna hold my breath that her intentions are to actually more better try to fix that problem.
    I think it's fine to be skeptical especially of those in power, regardless of the party.
    Perhaps I'm being optimistic. But when even CNN and the Atlantic are saying that DeVos is in the right, I think it's a good sign.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/opinio...ung/index.html
    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...policy/538974/
    Last edited by ciaban; 09-11-2017 at 09:59 PM.

CNN published an article from a writer at Reason.com, that's not the same thing as CNN saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Jeffy, we've already stated the non-reported sexual assault crime statistics. You really think that something like 80% of accusations are fake?
    What? No, I never said that anywhere. Where did you get that I did?

But there are plenty of 'guilty conscious accusations' out there. Any more than 1 in a 100 is too many though.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    CNN published an article from a writer at Reason.com, that's not the same thing as CNN saying anything.
    why isn't it? CNN decides what to publish on their website. I get that CNN is not a person doesn't have a single view but if they published something i think that is there management saying that this is a valid perspective that is worth looking at
    Last edited by ewing; 09-11-2017 at 11:47 PM.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Well if your being denied access to something you are paying/paid for and you're not given access to a lawyer or given the chance to question your accuser, why should you have to pay. This is nothing more than a kangaroo court. These cases are being handled by professors and administrators who often have no legal experience to speak of.

Frankly, the only thing that Universities should be expected to do is provide medical and psychological care, make arrangements to have students move dorms, or classes if need be, and make sure the students are safe. Those are all reasonable expectations.
    The rest should be handed by the police and the D.A. office. You know people you have training and experience dealing with these sorts of cases.

Yeah, because rape all of a sudden stopped being a felony.
    I suggest you research how this is actually done. It's not run by professors.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

What? No, I never said that anywhere. Where did you get that I did?

But there are plenty of 'guilty conscious accusations' out there. Any more than 1 in a 100 is too many though.
    It's a cost benefit analysis. Will false accusations occur. Yes. But the way things have been done leads to actual incidents going unreported... which means sexual predators are left in our schools, which means more people are assaulted. What is worse. multiple people being sexually assaulted, or someone dealing with a false accusation?

Title 9 investigations don't happen in a vacuum. Both issues are on the mind of the people doing them.

Of course it happens.

I don't know the numbers any more than anyone else. But that pretty obviously is happening.

And yes, a number of rapes are unreported as well.

But there is a good amount of regret sex that turns into 'unconsensual' after the fact. I know a number of people accused over that.

there is a campus wide effort at the local university that argues if someone has had a drink, they can not consent.

I dunno how many of you partied in high school/college and drank. But that's ****ing ********.
    One drink does not make you unable to consent...that's is absurd... but if you are smashed, yes you are unable to consent. It would be like convincing someone who is developmentally disabled to have sex with you. And that's not just universities, that's part of our legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    One drink does not make you unable to consent...that's is absurd... but if you are smashed, yes you are unable to consent. It would be like convincing someone who is developmentally disabled to have sex with you. And that's not just universities, that's part of our legal system.
    yet many of our parents, and us, were born as a result of these nights. I get that "regret sex" will now become much more dangerous to engage in, and if it helps even a small portion of REAL rape victims feel comfortable coming forward, great, it's all worth it probably. It just kinda stinks that you even need to worry about going to a party, and hooking up with someone intoxicated just like you nowadays. That was just chalked up to, "whoops" over the past 100 years, as it should be.

It's interesting. Both sides of the spectrum (right/left, dem/rep), want personal responsibility from someone(s), they simply disagree on which party bears more of the responsibility...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    It's a cost benefit analysis. Will false accusations occur. Yes. But the way things have been done leads to actual incidents going unreported... which means sexual predators are left in our schools, which means more people are assaulted. What is worse. multiple people being sexually assaulted, or someone dealing with a false accusation?

Title 9 investigations don't happen in a vacuum. Both issues are on the mind of the people doing them.
    both the same, and you should 1/1 it. They can both ruin lives.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yet many of our parents, and us, were born as a result of these nights. I get that "regret sex" will now become much more dangerous to engage in, and if it helps even a small portion of REAL rape victims feel comfortable coming forward, great, it's all worth it probably. It just kinda stinks that you even need to worry about going to a party, and hooking up with someone intoxicated just like you nowadays. That was just chalked up to, "whoops" over the past 100 years, as it should be.

It's interesting. Both sides of the spectrum (right/left, dem/rep), want personal responsibility from someone(s), they simply disagree on which party bears more of the responsibility...
    Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I think it's fine to be skeptical especially of those in power, regardless of the party.
    Perhaps I'm being optimistic. But when even CNN and the Atlantic are saying that DeVos is in the right, I think it's a good sign.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/opinio...ung/index.html
    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...policy/538974/
    First, I actually agreed with most of Cathy Young's and whomever wrote The Atlantic piece a lot. I've been swayed a bit. I'm not so stubborn in my beliefs! I just am less optimistic about DeVos seeking a better fix, let alone even caring to, than it seems they are. They are experts on these issues and as I've said, I am not.

If this is a genuine attempt to make things better -- especially for the victims of sexual assault and the right to due process -- then good. This is an extremely complicated problem, but also an extremely important one.

I just don't believe that this administration cares one bit to push for something better. I envision this being the end of this administration's involvement on this issue. I'd love to be wrong but we'll see. These aren't the people I trust handling issues like this. So did she do the right thing? If it leads to the implementation of something better then yes. If it doesn't, then I'm back on the fence. Again, there are plenty of flaws there, but sometimes something flawed still does more good than whatever exists without it.

Unrelated to you... I don't know how comfortable I feel about that cost benefit argument, but the numbers don't lie. 2-8% of accusations are thought to be false. Perhaps upwards of 80% of sexual assault goes unnoticed. False convictions are awful and needlessly can ruin lives, but it being the sole argument against trying to fix the other side of that problem falls flat for me. That's a shameful statistic.
    this my sig

you guy don't care if someone is falsely accused and labeled a rapist if it leads to more people coming forward?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you guy don't care if someone is falsely accused and labeled a rapist if it leads to more people coming forward?
    It's not that I don't care. It's just that I would rather women who were assaulted come forward. I believe the process with be adjudicated properly for people accused falsely. However it can't by definition for those who are too afraid to come out.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast