Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Rank These QBs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,119

    Rank These QBs

    On who you think will be the best of the bunch this year with these names below


    Wilson
    Dalton
    Cousins
    Eli
    Newton
    Palmer

    All of these guys are either on the decline/lack the track record or arent great throwing QBs but have proven they can play at a high level but were also bad today for their teams. I left other guys off because their not as high profile nor are they as big of a question mark... I also left brady off because brady is brady.
    Last edited by hughest4; 09-11-2017 at 05:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,629
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    On who you think will be the best of the bunch this year with these names below


    Wilson
    Dalton
    Cousins
    Eli
    Newton
    Palmer

    All of these guys are either on the decline/lack the track record or arent great throwing QBs but have proven they can play at a high level but were also bad today for their teams. I left other guys off because their not as high profile nor are they as big of a question mark... I also left brady off because brady is brady.
    Cam, Wilson, Palmer, Cousins, Dalton, Eli in their prime ofc in that order, my opinion


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,793
    Cam Newton and Andrew Luck

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,090
    As of right now I would rank them
    1. Cousins
    2. Wilson
    3. Newton
    4. Dalton
    5. Eli
    6. Palmer

    3-5 could easily switch in order for me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,965
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Cam Newton and Andrew Luck
    No specific order either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,230
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    On who you think will be the best of the bunch this year with these names below


    Wilson
    Dalton
    Cousins
    Eli
    Newton
    Palmer

    All of these guys are either on the decline/lack the track record or arent great throwing QBs but have proven they can play at a high level but were also bad today for their teams. I left other guys off because their not as high profile nor are they as big of a question mark... I also left brady off because brady is brady.
    Cousins
    Wilson
    Eli
    Palmer
    Newton
    Dalton

    In that order.

    Wilson would probably be better with a better o-line but we can say the same for most QB's.

    Newton is overrated. He wouldn't have won MVP without his run threat. His passing is overrated. Still a decent overall threat but if we're just talking about passing it is what it is.

    Palmer throws too many ints but that also comes with taking a lot of shots downfield. I like that he recovers from ints. He'll keep throwing downfield like nothing happened but sometimes that means he'll throw another int. And another. lol

    Dalton has a lot to prove. It's time for him to **** or get off the pot.

    Eli needs good WR's around him. He's not the type of elite QB that will make everyone better. His play is spotty. He can be great one week and really bad the next.

    Cousins needs to improve in the redzone. He generates a lot of yardage which is great. His completion rate as a starter is great. If he plays the same this year I think he'll be a borderline top 10 QB. Close to Rivers. He's a wobbler. This year he has different WR's and a new OC so maybe he'll downgrade to a top 15 QB. Who knows.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,327
    Wilson
    Cam
    Cousins
    Dalton
    Eli
    Palmer

    I'm not sure any of these QB's has a good year based on what we saw yesterday though.

    Wilson was pretty bad and his line is awful.

    Newton was just meh.

    Cousins was awful.

    Dalton's offense still hasn't figured out how to erase a zero on the scoreboard.

    Eli was pathetic.

    Palmer threw 3 picks yesterday.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,629
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    On who you think will be the best of the bunch this year with these names below


    Wilson
    Dalton
    Cousins
    Eli
    Newton
    Palmer

    All of these guys are either on the decline/lack the track record or arent great throwing QBs but have proven they can play at a high level but were also bad today for their teams. I left other guys off because their not as high profile nor are they as big of a question mark... I also left brady off because brady is brady.
    Cousins
    Wilson
    Eli
    Palmer
    Newton
    Dalton

    In that order.

    Wilson would probably be better with a better o-line but we can say the same for most QB's.

    Newton is overrated. He wouldn't have won MVP without his run threat. His passing is overrated. Still a decent overall threat but if we're just talking about passing it is what it is.

    Palmer throws too many ints but that also comes with taking a lot of shots downfield. I like that he recovers from ints. He'll keep throwing downfield like nothing happened but sometimes that means he'll throw another int. And another. lol

    Dalton has a lot to prove. It's time for him to **** or get off the pot.

    Eli needs good WR's around him. He's not the type of elite QB that will make everyone better. His play is spotty. He can be great one week and really bad the next.

    Cousins needs to improve in the redzone. He generates a lot of yardage which is great. His completion rate as a starter is great. If he plays the same this year I think he'll be a borderline top 10 QB. Close to Rivers. He's a wobbler. This year he has different WR's and a new OC so maybe he'll downgrade to a top 15 QB. Who knows.
    Kirk is top over Cam near bottom I know it wasn't based on yesterday's game that's for sure and he's no elite.


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    66,417
    Cam
    Cousins
    Eli
    Wilson
    Palmer
    Dalton

    Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,965
    Cam
    Cousins
    Wilson
    Dalton
    Eli
    Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    8,793
    I'm saying who I would rather have right now:

    Newton (very good)
    Wilson (good)
    Cousins (above average)
    Dalton (meh)
    Manning (close to done)
    Palmer (done)

    Having Russell Wilson as my starting QB would annoy me though due to his personality. Shelling quack products, marrying a celebrity but taking a vow of chastity before it, blaming his SB losing interception on God, etc.

    I could get behind Newton's cockiness though and I like Dannon Oikos joghurt.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,483
    Wilson
    Cam
    Cousins
    Eli
    Dalton
    Palmer

    I think Wilson and the Seahawks always find a way to put together a good season when it's all said and done, no matter how many times they look vulnerable. It'd be interesting to see how Cam and the Panthers go about taking better care of his body. I think he still has room to grow as a pocket passer, but likely still above the rest at this point. Cousins is up and down and has new weapons in place to play with, wouldn't bet on him being better than average. Eli is declining, and a bad OL combined with pretty terrible play calling doesn't help. With Odell back and the defense continuing the same level of play, he might just be a very decent game manager if he's allowed to. Dalton has quite a lot yet to prove, and Palmer's best days are behind him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Wilson
    Cam
    Cousins
    Dalton
    Eli
    Palmer

    I'm not sure any of these QB's has a good year based on what we saw yesterday though.

    Wilson was pretty bad and his line is awful.

    Newton was just meh.

    Cousins was awful.

    Dalton's offense still hasn't figured out how to erase a zero on the scoreboard.

    Eli was pathetic.

    Palmer threw 3 picks yesterday.
    I feel weird that I've been agreeing with you this much lately

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,629
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Wilson
    Cam
    Cousins
    Dalton
    Eli
    Palmer

    I'm not sure any of these QB's has a good year based on what we saw yesterday though.

    Wilson was pretty bad and his line is awful.

    Newton was just meh.

    Cousins was awful.

    Dalton's offense still hasn't figured out how to erase a zero on the scoreboard.

    Eli was pathetic.

    Palmer threw 3 picks yesterday.
    I feel weird that I've been agreeing with you this much lately
    Like you claim you knew Carr was gonna be elite and Manziel was a bust after the fact


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,327
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I feel weird that I've been agreeing with you this much lately
    Haha it's because I'm not as much of a homer anymore. I took a deep look at my homerism and decided it was clouding my ability to value NFL players as a whole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •