Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    he struck out morrison a power hitting lefty the right move was to keep betances in against a right handed hitter that was joe thinking chapman is the old chapman guess what joe chapman is not the old chapman...

the last 2 innings was as bad as it gets for the yanks.. if they lose this game it will be the worst loss of the year and joe will have to answer the questions of his bad managing

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    he struck out morrison a power hitting lefty the right move was to keep betances in against a right handed hitter that was joe thinking chapman is the old chapman guess what joe chapman is not the old chapman...
    Did you see that pitch he struck him out on ? It was a hanging curve up in the zone plus he couldn't throw a strike, Morrison helped him out. Chapman and Betances are both head cases can't throw strikes to save their lives. If Robertson isn't made closer after this game I highly question this teams logic.

chapman has been far worse than betances was today

Big win to keep the division alive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Big win to keep the division alive for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! Huge win.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

I'd rather us use DRob and Green the way Cleveland used Andrew Miller last postseason. They've been our best 2 and most consistent relievers. Bring them in in the 5th, 6th, 7th whatever if it's a big spot. Don't need a definite 9th inning closer imo.
    Up by 1 in the 6th, opposing team has the tying and go ahead runs in scoring position and getting out of it is more of a "save" than getting the final 3 outs in the 9th when we have a 2 or 3 run lead. That's just how I feel. I'm sure others disagree and that's ok too. We all went the same result which is a W. Whatever produces that, I'm happy with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'd rather us use DRob and Green the way Cleveland used Andrew Miller last postseason. They've been our best 2 and most consistent relievers. Bring them in in the 5th, 6th, 7th whatever if it's a big spot. Don't need a definite 9th inning closer imo.
    Up by 1 in the 6th, opposing team has the tying and go ahead runs in scoring position and getting out of it is more of a "save" than getting the final 3 outs in the 9th when we have a 2 or 3 run lead. That's just how I feel. I'm sure others disagree and that's ok too. We all went the same result which is a W. Whatever produces that, I'm happy with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I agree. 'Closer' role is outdated and saves are not always an indication of a pitchers ability. Coming in, in the 6th inning with bases loaded and 1 out, up 1.. In my opinion is much more high leverage than up to 1 with the bottom of the line up coming up in the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I agree. 'Closer' role is outdated and saves are not always an indication of a pitchers ability. Coming in, in the 6th inning with bases loaded and 1 out, up 1.. In my opinion is much more high leverage than up to 1 with the bottom of the line up coming up in the 9th.
    Agree. New age in BB. Many of the younger managers are using best arm in most highly leveraged situ, regardless of inning. Joe needs to catch up.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234