Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,352
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Maybe they'll sell.
    From your lips to BB gods ears!

    In 2011, the Mets tried to sell a $200 million stake, but their deal with David Einhorn, a hedge fund titan, fell apart because Einhorn wanted a greater hand in the team’s decision-making than is normally given to minority stakeholders, as well as a pathway to eventual majority control.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    From your lips to BB gods ears!

    In 2011, the Mets tried to sell a $200 million stake, but their deal with David Einhorn, a hedge fund titan, fell apart because Einhorn wanted a greater hand in the team’s decision-making than is normally given to minority stakeholders, as well as a pathway to eventual majority control.
    I don't get why they don't sell. They don't seem like huge fans. They aren't making a ton of money but most likely aren't losing any.

    I wish Dolan would sell butI get why he does't, he loves basketball.

    It's sucks that NY has 2 of the worst club owners in sports history.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't get why they don't sell. They don't seem like huge fans. They aren't making a ton of money but most likely aren't losing any.

    I wish Dolan would sell butI get why he does't, he loves basketball.

    It's sucks that NY has 2 of the worst club owners in sports history.
    Word is Wilpon loves the game, Katz purely business, he watches the bottom line, could care less about the game. He began his professional life as an accountant, so one can understand where the bean counter mentality has it's nexus. Katz would probably sell in a heartbeat, Wilpon may feel differently.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't get why they don't sell. They don't seem like huge fans. They aren't making a ton of money but most likely aren't losing any.

    I wish Dolan would sell butI get why he does't, he loves basketball.

    It's sucks that NY has 2 of the worst club owners in sports history.
    That infamous and quite contemptible honor belongs (now former owner ) to Loria.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That infamous and quite contemptible honor belongs (now former owner ) to Loria.
    I respectfully disagree. He had the decency to sell the team.
    Dolan is the worst BB owner ever.

    I' have to put old Marge as the worst Baseball owner ever or right up at the top




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,352
    Sorry clown in my mind Loria is scum, pure greed personified. He raped tax payers (stadium deal, taxpayers are on the hook for a $634 million stadium that might have more tropical fish swimming around inside than fans in the stands. ), screwed fans and players every opportunity, brought backloaded contracts to a new high (or is it low).

    To complete the illusion that Loria would use his new stadium to field a competitive team, he bought a lot of free agents, signed them to backloaded deals, then shipped them out within the year in a stunning 12-player trade that reduced his payroll obligations by $160 million. He even lied and told Jose Reyes to buy a house in Miami four days before exporting his *** to Canada.

    But wait there's more......Just the thought of Loria makes me ill. I'll leave it at that.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sorry clown in my mind Loria is scum, pure greed personified. He raped tax payers (stadium deal, taxpayers are on the hook for a $634 million stadium that might have more tropical fish swimming around inside than fans in the stands. ), screwed fans and players every opportunity, brought backloaded contracts to a new high (or is it low).

    To complete the illusion that Loria would use his new stadium to field a competitive team, he bought a lot of free agents, signed them to backloaded deals, then shipped them out within the year in a stunning 12-player trade that reduced his payroll obligations by $160 million. He even lied and told Jose Reyes to buy a house in Miami four days before exporting his *** to Canada.

    But wait there's more......Just the thought of Loria makes me ill. I'll leave it at that.
    Loria is certainly the biggest scumbag but he only owned the team a short period of time. He is the reason that the league should be able to vote out an owner for their ethics.
    Dolan and Wilpon are eternal.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Loria is certainly the biggest scumbag but he only owned the team a short period of time. He is the reason that the league should be able to vote out an owner for their ethics.
    Dolan and Wilpon are eternal.
    Loria did almost the same shyte in Montreal, yet the league approved his ownership of Miami! The scumbag is poised to profit big time, he'll reportedly get $1.2B for the $158M investment. Not a bad return, in a 15 year time frame, for complete and total mismanagement. According to Forbes Loria officially paid $158M for the Marlins in 2002, but in reality he spent a lot less than that. In fact, Loria spent $30 million for the Marlins.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein



  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,541
    Gardner CF
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Holliday DH
    Castro 2B
    Headley 1B
    T. Frazier 3B
    Torreyes SS
    C. Frazier LF

    Gray P

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    25,961
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I just read that they are expecting him 2 miss the next 2 games with back spasms. I can see giving him a shot next yr again when he healthy but they better have a strong backup plan because Bird seems to have a very hard time staying healthy

    Over the winter i'd work with Andujar at 1st, he has the bat to play first, maybe he becomes better defensively on that corner.
    I've heard Andujars issues are mostly his throwing motion he tends to unnecessarily throw it across his body instead of overhanding it and the ball sails. His footwork and ability to scoop aren't an issue. So I could see first as a possibility. But if bird stays healthy(ha) then you take away valuable time from him bettering himself at 3rd base. So I'm not sure.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Loria did almost the same shyte in Montreal, yet the league approved his ownership of Miami! The scumbag is poised to profit big time, he'll reportedly get $1.2B for the $158M investment. Not a bad return, in a 15 year time frame, for complete and total mismanagement. According to Forbes Loria officially paid $158M for the Marlins in 2002, but in reality he spent a lot less than that. In fact, Loria spent $30 million for the Marlins.
    Someday he will die and none of it will matter. lol




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Hopping thread




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Gray is impressive as all hell. And the idea that he is under club control for the next two years? Well done Cash. Especially considering what we gave up to get him.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    Penis




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    21,345
    The word looks as weird as the thing itself




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •