Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,716

    Am I the only one?

    Who is not in love with the idea of bringing Ronda Rousey to the WWE? There are a lot of rumors going around about her potential signing with the WWE and how she could be involved in a Horsewomen storyline with some of the girls in the Mae Young Classic.

    I understand she brings name recognition and a legit bad *** to the WWE women's division but does anyone really want to watch someone with limited in ring skills dominate her competition? I mean at least Brock Lesnar was an amateur and pro wrestler first before joining UFC. This isn't the same and I wouldn't be in love with how strong she would be booked. Its not like Asuka who was a great women's champion in NJPW and NXT.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,482
    I don't care about Rousey.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,120
    They are so desperate for stars, they have to look back in the past or bring in people from the outside.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,390
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    They are so desperate for stars, they have to look back in the past or bring in people from the outside.
    WWE has always been a company that has been focused on stars from the past.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,716
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    WWE has always been a company that has been focused on stars from the past.
    Maybe that's part of their problem. They are too reliant on guys like Goldberg, Undertaker, Jericho, Lesnar, etc instead of trying to make their own guys into that next group of mega stars.

    Or perhaps they have no idea how to. Cena said it right. He has to keep coming back part time because he does a better job part time than guys like Roman Reigns do it full time.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-11-2017 at 01:15 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,223
    It wont work simply because it will be like the latest Bautista run in my opinion... I personally love her but she was extremely unlikable and the fans would obliterate her.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    27,716
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    It wont work simply because it will be like the latest Bautista run in my opinion... I personally love her but she was extremely unlikable and the fans would obliterate her.
    I just don't see how its a great situation for the WWE. You can't book her weakly because she's a former UFC champion but if you book her to squash everyone when she has little to no wrestling background, fans are going to turn on her because she's going to produce below average matches.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45,135
    Yea idc about Rousey now either. Her aura has definitely worn off, but she's still a name so WWE will see it as a big deal, and places like ESPN will cover the story when she debuts, then not care ever again.

    She's basically gonna be the Brock of the women's division and I hate that.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,390
    I think the best thing to do is a four horsewoman match at Mania and do it tornado tag style. That way the outcome can be random and people can't get as upset at whomever wins.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,806
    I get why you guys don't want Rousey, but it would be big money. If done correctly, it could very much elevate the Women's division. It could also hurt it. But the women's division has kind of cooled off the past couple of months. Rousey could give it the shot it needs.

    I know the women's wrestlers are crazy talented now, but was Chyna a great wrestler? She was a powerful woman who could do a few moves.

    My only real hope is that they don't have her face Steph. Which will definitely happen, but I hate that. Steph is just not believable at all anymore as a fighter. Have her go against Charlotte or something. Or like dbroncos said, a tag match. WWE has had success going that route at 'Mania. Hell, even Snooki wasn't a giant disaster.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    27,854
    Am I the only one who never really cared about women's wrestling at any point? I know that might sound sexist, but I'm sorry, I've just never been entertained watching women's wrestling at any point in time... ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Am I the only one who never really cared about women's wrestling at any point? I know that might sound sexist, but I'm sorry, I've just never been entertained watching women's wrestling at any point in time... ever.
    I was with you until a few yrs ago when I watched that NXT takeover fatal 4 way with the horsewomen. It was the first NXT event I ever watched (excluding that weird NXT where the guys had coaches), and I didn't expect much at all out of the women's match because I didn't care for women's wrestling, but I was shocked at how amazing that match was. That was the match that got me into women's wrestling (I was shocked at how good Sasha Banks was...I assumed she was just a standard women's wrestler like most others).

    I've watched all of the MYC, and I didn't think many of the matches were very good at all, which supports your point, but there were probably 4-5 good matches. There are like 5-6 very good women there that would be good on the main roster.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    77,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I was with you until a few yrs ago when I watched that NXT takeover fatal 4 way with the horsewomen. It was the first NXT event I ever watched (excluding that weird NXT where the guys had coaches), and I didn't expect much at all out of the women's match because I didn't care for women's wrestling, but I was shocked at how amazing that match was. That was the match that got me into women's wrestling (I was shocked at how good Sasha Banks was...I assumed she was just a standard women's wrestler like most others).

    I've watched all of the MYC, and I didn't think many of the matches were very good at all, which supports your point, but there were probably 4-5 good matches. There are like 5-6 very good women there that would be good on the main roster.
    The women that are good are REALLY good. Your Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, Naomi, Natalya. But the others are decent to meh. The fact that Alicia Fox still has a job in WWE is repugnant to me. She is just terrible and does nothing good. Dana Brooke, Tamina, and Nia Jax are really the only other ones who I think have potential to be in the class with the first list that I mentioned. Nia Jax understands her character and has shown a lot of development. She also has some interesting potential as a face. She seems to have an understanding for comedic timing that could really aid her down the road. Tamina has an imposing look and a legacy that really helps her. She just needs to get a character. She isn't Rusev and WWE shouldn't just swap her in for Rusev under Lana.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,120
    Add to the list Asuka and several of the Mae Young competitors have already been signed or will be signed to develop.

    Ronda will be loved at first, I don't see her being a full time competitor, she will be a part timer like Brock.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    35,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Am I the only one who never really cared about women's wrestling at any point? I know that might sound sexist, but I'm sorry, I've just never been entertained watching women's wrestling at any point in time... ever.
    I'm in the same boat. Never cared about womens wrestling. I don't think it's sexist at all, I just could never get into it. I definitely see the talent in some of them, and this is the best the division has ever been. It just doesn't do it for me though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •