Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    These QB prospects are not looking as impressive as they are supposed to be. Mayfield has been the most consistent.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    These QB prospects are not looking as impressive as they are supposed to be. Mayfield has been the most consistent.
    I fully agree. I can see why people love Darnold, among others but I am still not sold on them. I think Mayfield is the most reliable of the bunch. That may not translate to the best but he will be solid

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

We won too many times for losing to be worth it. I take back my thread title. Another .500 Jets season through week 6. We're stuck in Purgatory..

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    That is why I hate all the draft talk about this and that. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, the Jets sign a Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garrapallo. Your need for a QB is down to zero. Let me see what the Jets do in free agency with nearly 80 million in cap space and then decide where to go in the draft.
    I don't think either of your choices is a franchise QB. I also don't want a side-arming QB in the draft. We might be screwed. I doubt that we can get higher than the third pick, no matter what we do, because the Browns and the 49ers are so bad.

Interesting listening to Tebow talk about Mayfield and his having the "it factor" that he doesn't see in other players.

Also him talking about Barkley.

I think if Darnold plays better than he has, SF takes Darnold and the Browns take Barkley

Good then I would want Rosen.

Make it happen Omar.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mcsorely out of PS is also making a case for himself if he enters.
    The kid's team won 3 straight state titles with him at QB but Lost the game his senior year. He keeps a video of the championship game his team lost his senior year on his phone. He is competitive as all hell.

Darnold is fading. I think he returns to school.

John Canzano ✔@johncanzanobft
    NY Jets GM Mike Maccagnan at UCLA-Oregon. Josh Rosen, anyone?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Nope, he's scouting Royce Freeman

lol

Mo and 2 seconds for Andrew luck, would you?

I know I'm low balling but he's really damaged goods

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mo and 2 seconds for Andrew luck, would you?

I know I'm low balling but he's really damaged goods
    They'll want #1's.
    And yes I would.

What is confusing about this team is that they play at high level for parts of the game, and then fall apart for other parts of the game. They can compete with anyone in the league when they are playing at that high level. What is causing them to just disappear during portions of the game? Does anyone have a clue? Do they just get tired? What is the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    What is confusing about this team is that they play at high level for parts of the game, and then fall apart for other parts of the game. They can compete with anyone in the league when they are playing at that high level. What is causing them to just disappear during portions of the game? Does anyone have a clue? Do they just get tired? What is the answer?
    I think part of it is youth and part is the "killer instinct" to which Bowels alluded. They let their guard down. Every team does it but our stretches seem to be longer and at more important times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think part of it is youth and part is the "killer instinct" to which Bowels alluded. They let their guard down. Every team does it but our stretches seem to be longer and at more important times.
    I agree with that, plus I would add legitimate talent to the argument. I don't think the Jets have talent in certain positions that when the game is on the line, you can depend on them to make a play or things like that. The Jets have a lot of good "complimentary" players, but not a lot of top flight level talent and it goes way beyond the QB position. I don't believe the Jets have anyone on their roster that keeps opposing offensive and defensive coordinators up at night like a lot of teams in the NFL do.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast