Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 80
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Recently? Q and Powell . Jury is out on Leggit, Peake, Marshall, Stewart, Hansen. McGuire also has a chance.
    I think the last couple drafts, more attention has been paid to that.

    I think Peake will be a solid player. He won't be special but he should stick.
    Marshall is a wildcard. If he can get his **** together, he could be a fun player.
    Stewart is similar to Marshall but I think has a better chance at being a consistent player. I think we will see more of him as the year progresses.
    I think Hansen will be slowly worked into the offense and we will see more of him next year.
    I can't wait to see what Leggit brings.
    McGuire looks like he could be a great change of pace back.

    I am optimistic and believe that next year, this roster will still have- Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, McGuire, Legitt and Marshall on it. With Powell, Q, Kearse and ASJ also here, that give us some weapons. If the Jets get the number one pick and take Darnold, he has some weapons. If the jets don't get that pick, which I don't think we will, Trade back, snag a guy like Barkley in the first and then get Mayfield.

    Q-Kearse-Anderson-Stewart-Hansen-Peake is not a bad group of wrs.
    I understand what you are saying, but is there anyone on our offensive side of the football that "scares" you if you are the opposition, someone who defensive coordinators are game planning something specifically for them? Right now, I don't see that on the NY Jets. I see a bunch of "potential," but that is about it.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but is there anyone on our offensive side of the football that "scares" you if you are the opposition, someone who defensive coordinators are game planning something specifically for them? Right now, I don't see that on the NY Jets. I see a bunch of "potential," but that is about it.
    I agree. There is no one that is scary. I am hoping ASJ can be that guy or at least a guy that draws some attention away from Anderson. I think Anderson has the speed and hands to be a threat but he needs to get off the line more quickly. I am really hoping as the season progresses we see that out of Stewart and or Marshall.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Barkley just hurdled 2 guys. One clean and one after a hit. Damn. This kid is nuts




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,294
    If the QB that you want is available in the first round when it's your turn to pick, then you take him, regardless of the status of anything else about your football team. There is a reason that they call him the franchise QB.

    So, you don't get the top OL stud in the draft, so what. You can always draft OL in the 2nd and 3rd round, if your line is that bad or address it t in free agency, where there are always some linemen available to overpay.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,829
    Funny that after all the tank talk, we are likely looking at a 3-2 record and on our way to missing out on the playoffs and the top 2, maybe 3, QB's. It's been fun to see some positive things to start the season, however, it likely means more years of mediocrity and ****** QB's. We don't know how to draft QB's so we really needed to pick in a spot where there was little to no decision making. Draft the QB that everyone knows is the best guy. If the first couple are gone and we have to choose between multiple other QB's, we'll **** it up as always.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    15,726
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If the QB that you want is available in the first round when it's your turn to pick, then you take him, regardless of the status of anything else about your football team. There is a reason that they call him the franchise QB.

    So, you don't get the top OL stud in the draft, so what. You can always draft OL in the 2nd and 3rd round, if your line is that bad or address it t in free agency, where there are always some linemen available to overpay.
    That is why I hate all the draft talk about this and that. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, the Jets sign a Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garrapallo. Your need for a QB is down to zero. Let me see what the Jets do in free agency with nearly 80 million in cap space and then decide where to go in the draft.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    That is why I hate all the draft talk about this and that. Let's say, hypothetically speaking, the Jets sign a Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garrapallo. Your need for a QB is down to zero. Let me see what the Jets do in free agency with nearly 80 million in cap space and then decide where to go in the draft.
    It would be hysterical if we signed Garapolo and he was great.
    It would also be hysterical if we signed him and we stunk. Hysterical for Pats fans.

    I will be curious what the Pats do. I wonder if Brady says goodbye if h this season goes south for them. That give the Pats the chance to resign Jimmy.
    I wonder if he'd take a smallish, 2 year deal from them? Or is he going to test the market?

    I don't want to spend the money on Cousins. THat's just a personal thing. I think he's kind of a tool. I also don't think he's gong to be worth his contract. But Garapollo is a very interesting idea. One I hadn't really thought of till you mentioned it and one I now wonder, if the FO is betting on




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    3,962
    Just did a mock. I doubt this would be how it would play out, but I would love this draft for the Jets.

    QB SAM DARNOLD
    USC
    40: R2P8
    OT TREY ADAMS
    WASHINGTON
    53: R2P21
    WR COURTLAND SUTTON
    SMU
    72: R3P8
    OT JAMARCO JONES
    OHIO STATE
    110: R4P8
    CB KEVIN TOLIVER
    LSU
    146: R5P8
    TE ADAM BRENEMAN
    MASSACHUSETTS
    154: R5P16
    EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
    FLORIDA
    187: R6P8
    RB JUSTIN CRAWFORD
    WVU
    230: R7P8
    S JAMAR SUMMERS
    CONNECTICUT

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    It would be dandy if we had the first pick




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Mayfield is possibly the most efficient QB in the NCAA. He's tough. He's smart. He may not be a first rounder but I don't think he will be any worse than a legit and solid starter.

    Clay, I know you compared his numbers to Petty because of the conference but Mayfield is much smarter and cagier.
    He doesn't have the arm. But his arm isn't bad and it'is better than Petty's brain.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,245
    I watched Mayfield today and man do I love the kids energy


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Mayfield is possibly the most efficient QB in the NCAA. He's tough. He's smart. He may not be a first rounder but I don't think he will be any worse than a legit and solid starter.

    Clay, I know you compared his numbers to Petty because of the conference but Mayfield is much smarter and cagier.
    He doesn't have the arm. But his arm isn't bad and it'is better than Petty's brain.
    I think petty deserves a shot, I like a lot of what I saw from him. I dont think the jets should write him off just yet.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I think petty deserves a shot, I like a lot of what I saw from him. I dont think the jets should write him off just yet.
    I like him I don't think he's smart enough.

    On the other hand, Sam better get it together. 3 turnovers in the first half.

    And Ellinger from Texas? If he improves his passing, he is one tough and smart kid




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    Darnold getting going. Great drive




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    24,469
    I would love to see OK and USC finish 2nd and 3rd so they could play each other.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •