Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The way they are going, what does next year's QB class look like lol?

In all seriousness though, the time is now to find a QB. Otherwise its going to be more journeymen and young guys who don't exhibit the faith in potentially being the guy. Petty and Hack are going to play this year. I just hope they show something if they do and it doesnt become a situation where they play themselves out of a top 3 or 4 QB in this draft. Although obviously I want Darnold more than the other guys.
    Not as good, even though you were joking.

I was watching the Oklahoma-Ohio State game being replayed the other night and noticed that Mayfield is a side arm QB. The last side arm QB that had success that I can think of is Bernie Kosar. Unless I am missing someone.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Our organization simply does not know how to scout QB talent, which is why we've drafted Sanchez, Geno, Hack, Petty.... Instead of the many other QB's that are doing well.

Best thing for us is to get the #1 pick and draft whatever QB is the #1 guy on most or all scout boards, this way we don't really have to decide between multiple guys. Before the draft, there will be one QB that stands out above the rest. There will be someone that everyone is talking about being the #1 pick.

That's who we take, then we pray. Worst thing that could happen is having to choose between the 2nd and 3rd top QB's, cuz we'll choose the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Our organization simply does not know how to scout QB talent, which is why we've drafted Sanchez, Geno, Hack, Petty.... Instead of the many other QB's that are doing well.

Best thing for us is to get the #1 pick and draft whatever QB is the #1 guy on most or all scout boards, this way we don't really have to decide between multiple guys. Before the draft, there will be one QB that stands out above the rest. There will be someone that everyone is talking about being the #1 pick.

That's who we take, then we pray. Worst thing that could happen is having to choose between the 2nd and 3rd top QB's, cuz we'll choose the wrong one.
    It's not just QB but offense in general. When was the last time that we drafted an offensive skill player that was a legitimate NFL starter? Maybe I'm missing somebody but it's been years and years.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    It's not just QB but offense in general. When was the last time that we drafted an offensive skill player that was a legitimate NFL starter? Maybe I'm missing somebody but it's been years and years.
    Recently? Q and Powell . Jury is out on Leggit, Peake, Marshall, Stewart, Hansen. McGuire also has a chance.
    I think the last couple drafts, more attention has been paid to that.

I think Peake will be a solid player. He won't be special but he should stick.
    Marshall is a wildcard. If he can get his **** together, he could be a fun player.
    Stewart is similar to Marshall but I think has a better chance at being a consistent player. I think we will see more of him as the year progresses.
    I think Hansen will be slowly worked into the offense and we will see more of him next year.
    I can't wait to see what Leggit brings.
    McGuire looks like he could be a great change of pace back.

I am optimistic and believe that next year, this roster will still have- Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, McGuire, Legitt and Marshall on it. With Powell, Q, Kearse and ASJ also here, that give us some weapons. If the Jets get the number one pick and take Darnold, he has some weapons. If the jets don't get that pick, which I don't think we will, Trade back, snag a guy like Barkley in the first and then get Mayfield.

Q-Kearse-Anderson-Stewart-Hansen-Peake is not a bad group of wrs.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:31860617
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Recently? Q and Powell . Jury is out on Leggit, Peake, Marshall, Stewart, Hansen. McGuire also has a chance.
    I think the last couple drafts, more attention has been paid to that.

I think Peake will be a solid player. He won't be special but he should stick.
    Marshall is a wildcard. If he can get his **** together, he could be a fun player.
    Stewart is similar to Marshall but I think has a better chance at being a consistent player. I think we will see more of him as the year progresses.
    I think Hansen will be slowly worked into the offense and we will see more of him next year.
    I can't wait to see what Leggit brings.
    McGuire looks like he could be a great change of pace back.

I am optimistic and believe that next year, this roster will still have- Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, McGuire, Legitt and Marshall on it. With Powell, Q, Kearse and ASJ also here, that give us some weapons. If the Jets get the number one pick and take Darnold, he has some weapons. If the jets don't get that pick, which I don't think we will, Trade back, snag a guy like Barkley in the first and then get Mayfield.

Q-Kearse-Anderson-Stewart-Hansen-Peake is not a bad group of wrs.
    I'm sorry but WHAT??

How is that WR group even remotely decent? It's gotta be one of the worst in the league. You're calling those guys "weapons"... Seriously man... It's one thing to be optimistic, but this is simply delusional. We don't know anything about how Anderson, Stewart, Peake, or Hansen can be, except that every WR outside of Q that we've drafted over the last several years has been horrible. None of them are very good prospects.

If those are our weapons for next year with a top rookie QB, it won't be a surprise though. We always draft a young QB and throw him out there with no weapons, which is exactly what this would be.

Our last decent season was with a veteran QB, Fitz, and real weapons like Marshall and Decker. If this is the **** we give our rookie QB, along with no O-line and the "overrated by most Jets fans" Bilal ****ing Powell as our starting RB, because we passed on the perfect RB for us in Dalvin Cook so we could draft two safeties in instead, it's gonna be another long season and high draft picks for a couple more years.

We still keep passing on drafting and upgrading the O-line and wait too long to draft skill position players at RB and WR. Every one we takes sucks cuz we pass on the top guys early for more defense.

Defense don't mean **** if you can't score, cuz our defense is always on the field. Still can't understand why for years now we refuse to draft offense early.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 09-20-2017 at 11:21 AM.

You would have drafted Cook knowing that the Jets have no OL? Brilliant!
    I don't know if you are keeping up with current events, but the Jets are in the midst of a rebuild.

I expect the Jets to address the offense next Draft with it being a strong QB and OL class.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I'm sorry but WHAT??

How is that WR group even remotely decent? It's gotta be one of the worst in the league. You're calling those guys "weapons"... Seriously man... It's one thing to be optimistic, but this is simply delusional. We don't know anything about how Anderson, Stewart, Peake, or Hansen can be, except that every WR outside of Q that we've drafted over the last several years has been horrible. None of them are very good prospects.

If those are our weapons for next year with a top rookie QB, it won't be a surprise though. We always draft a young QB and throw him out there with no weapons, which is exactly what this would be.

Our last decent season was with a veteran QB, Fitz, and real weapons like Marshall and Decker. If this is the **** we give our rookie QB, along with no O-line and the "overrated by most Jets fans" Bilal ****ing Powell as our starting RB, because we passed on the perfect RB for us in Dalvin Cook so we could draft two safeties in instead, it's gonna be another long season and high draft picks for a couple more years.

We still keep passing on drafting and upgrading the O-line and wait too long to draft skill position players at RB and WR. Every one we takes sucks cuz we pass on the top guys early for more defense.

Defense don't mean **** if you can't score, cuz our defense is always on the field. Still can't understand why for years now we refuse to draft offense early.
    I said next year. Q is a weapon. Kearse is a good WR. Anderson has the potential to be a very good weapon and we have reason to believe he will be based on what he has shown so far in his early career. ASJ looked good in preseason and if he makes the jump, he's a steal. We will see with Legitt
    Stewart has the potential to be a very good weapon. Hansen could also be a very solid, sure handed WR. Peake has the chance to be decent. So yes, I'm be optimistic in the sense of potential but not delusional. And I would rather be delusional than an angry pessimistic martyr. If these guys develop, they will be a good WR group. With Q, Kearse and only one of those other guys develops well, we still have a solid 3 WRs with sure hands and the ability to stretch the field.
    We needed safeties. We got to good ones.
    We need O line for sure but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be and by the end of the year, I would guess we have 3 good starters and a couple decent backups. So we will need two more good OL.

Powell is a good RB. He isn't a superstar but he's a good rotation guy.

This is what a rebuild is. It is looking for guys who have potential and giving them a chance to make a name for themselves. It's really easy to sit back and scream, "everybody sucks' but blanket statements like that are boring to hear. At least be creative and somewhat specific with your insults.
    What don't you like about the young wrs besides saying "they suck"? Are they slow? Are their hands bad? do they run crappy routes? Are they scared to go over the middle? Do they run block poorly? Do they body catch? Is there vertical bad? Do they have difficulty getting off the press coverage?

The O line looked good at time against a very good raider D. They looked crappy at times. Shell looked really good at times and then got burned. He's a young player going against and all pro defensive end, it happens.

McGuire in his limited time on sunday had some nice runs.

For the record, I never said we have to draft a QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I don't know if you are keeping up with current events, but the Jets are in the midst of a rebuild.

I expect the Jets to address the offense next Draft with it being a strong QB and OL class.
    We will also have 64 mil in cap space which could get a couple of very good OL a good ILB and a good CB along with a very good WR
    That is counting if we cut Mo. Then we have 80 or so mil

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:31860724

You do know that its acceptable to draft a high talent RB when u currently have a bad o-line, right? You may not realize this, but players you draft are not free agents after 1 season. You actually have them for multiple years so you don't have to build a SB contender in one off-season. Sorry no one explained that to you before.

That's like, after this year if we still have a terrible o-line going into next season, then we shouldn't draft a top QB prospect if we have the #1 pick cuz what's the point if we have no OL and a bad WR group. In fact, why ever draft a high end WR if you have a bad QB? So, according to you, never draft a QB, RB, or WR unless you have a good OL first. There's no building a good OL after drafting those positions. Never!

You do know that its acceptable to draft a high talent RB when u currently have a bad o-line, right? You may not realize this, but players you draft are not free agents after 1 season. You actually have them for multiple years so you don't have to build a SB contender in one off-season. Sorry no one explained that to you before.

That's like, after this year if we still have a terrible o-line going into next season, then we shouldn't draft a top QB prospect if we have the #1 pick cuz what's the point if we have no OL and a bad WR group. In fact, why ever draft a high end WR if you have a bad QB? So, according to you, never draft a QB, RB, or WR unless you have a good OL first. There's no building a good OL after drafting those positions. Never!
    So you want to get a young RB blown up behind a bad line? That's acceptable?
    I would understand a high pick on a wr or te but not an RB or QB with a crap line

So we have the #1 pick with an elite talent QB prospect available, one everyone is talking about as a can't miss, obvious #1 overall pick.

We pass on him because we have a bad OL? That's gotta be the most flawed thought I've ever heard on here. You probably would have passed on Adrian Peterson when he came out if we had a bad OL then too.

This is mind boggling. My brain is literally hurting trying to understand how anyone could really believe that passing on elite talents at QB and/or RB because your current OL is considered bad, is actually a good decision, as if you can't just focus on OL in free agency and the rest of that draft and the following free agency and draft if needed.

Seriously, that logic is mind numbingly flawed.

So we have the #1 pick with an elite talent QB prospect available, one everyone is talking about as a can't miss, obvious #1 overall pick.

We pass on him because we have a bad OL? That's gotta be the most flawed thought I've ever heard on here. You probably would have passed on Adrian Peterson when he came out if we had a bad OL then too.

This is mind boggling. My brain is literally hurting trying to understand how anyone could really believe that passing on elite talents at QB and/or RB because your current OL is considered bad, is actually a good decision, as if you can't just focus on OL in free agency and the rest of that draft and the following free agency and draft if needed.

No on said pass on drafting a top QB.

Something tells me it doesn't take much to make your brain hurt.
    No one, literally no one on this board said not to take a QB.
    I said it wasn't mandatory and I would consider trading for more picks if there were any discussion about which QB was the best fit and we could still trade back, get more picks and get a top 3 QB. I have also said that if you love Darnold with the first pick, of course you take him.

From what you wrote, it appeared, that you had suggested that you would take a running back with a crappy line but not a QB.
    What is mind boggling is the lack of time you take to actually read the posts and and what is mind numbingly flawed is believing you thought process is the only correct one. While you may not agree with them, other posters make valid posts.

i'e. There is zero wrong with trading the number 1 pick if you truly believe that the move will help the team long term more than drafting a QB while you have no O line. There is also zero wrong with drafting that young QB and starting him or sitting him while you build the line.

What is mind boggling is that you don't seem to understand rebuild.

What is funny is that when directly questioned, you don't answer the questions asked but rather enter into a tirade about how no one knows anything.

Let me get this straight Mr. Smarty Pants, You wanted to draft a RB this past draft with an awful OL and waste 2 of his 5 years control because this franchise is in the midst of a rebuild. RB have a very short shelf life, so the Jets would be getting what...3 years of the RB's career at a high level, that's assuming this franchise can be a legit franchise after 3 years with a decent line. Seems kind of short sighted if you ask me.

So, according to you, never draft a QB, RB, or WR unless you have a good OL first. There's no building a good OL after drafting those positions. Never!
    When in ****s name did I say that? RBs are an absolute waste as a high pick, let alone without an OL. You should build around a QB and to a lesser extent a WR, they have a longer shelf life. A RB, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:31861658

No on said pass on drafting a top QB.

No one, literally no one on this board said not to take a QB.

YOU literally said a couple posts ago not to use a high pick on a RB or QB with a crap OL.... So wtf you talking about saying literally no one on this board said not to take a QB.... You did....

YOU literally said a couple posts ago not to use a high pick on a RB or QB with a crap OL.... So wtf you talking about saying literally no one on this board said not to take a QB.... You did....
    And what the **** are you talking about? I don't think your read very well.

If you look back, you will also see that have stated multiple times that you take a QB if you love him. If you love 3, you trade back and still get one of them.

When you changed the context of the conversation and started whining about the line, you suggested we should have taken an RB. My comment about taking a WR was based on the presumption that we were now, in your world, drafting around the condition of the oline. And yes, the skill position player to be least beaten up by a bad line is WR. So if you are drafting with the concern of getting a young player smashed into the ground? Yeah. I would take a WR.
    That one comment you chose to argue, you took out of context. Because I would ask you show me any other spot in which I said do not take a QB. You will find spots where I suggest you don't have to take one or as stated above, you could trade back. But I have stated repeatedly that if you have the pick and love Darnold, you take him.
    And no one has said not to take a QB. Again, no one. Again, people have suggested trading back but no one has said, that I have seen, no QB. Really, read more instead of getting all panty bunched.

By the way, You still didn't answer questions. You deflected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast