Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Losing hurts but it's going to be worth it

It's the only way to truly reshape this offense and defense, through the draft into a Super Bowl contending NFL powerhouse. Gang Green and this Jets plane will take rise and be in flight. It has to get ugly first before it gets better. Stay patient!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Only 1 team wins the Super Bowl every year. I'd rather see us lose in a year we won't win and build through high draft picks for the long haul.

It's only worth if the Jets lose enough games to be in position to draft Darnold (assuming he leaves USC), Rosen or Allen and they better hope that if they can pick one of those guys, they pick the right one. Otherwise it just sets the franchise back another 3-5 years.

That said, I'm glad they are looking for a potential franchise QB.

Years of mediocre QBs have done nothing for this franchise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-10-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Yes, keep on losing Seattle.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    It's the only way to truly reshape this offense and defense, through the draft into a Super Bowl contending NFL powerhouse. Gang Green and this Jets plane will take rise and be in flight. It has to get ugly first before it gets better. Stay patient!
    Here is the question I have: How do you know that? I could see it if someone said to me, "Going 1-15 this year guarantees you 15-20 years of prosperity." No one can say that; the Browns have had how many 1st round picks and are they any better?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the question I have: How do you know that? I could see it if someone said to me, "Going 1-15 this year guarantees you 15-20 years of prosperity." No one can say that; the Browns have had how many 1st round picks and are they any better?
    If by going 1-15 gets this team a franchise QB, I would have to say this franchise is in better shape than it has been in over 20 years.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

This. Seriously, having the #1 pick doesn't mean **** unlike some of you guys think. I'm sure it works out in Madden but this is real life and many GREAT QB's get drafted later on. How about Brady or Rodgers or Big Ben or Russell Wilson? Guess what they weren't? #1 picks. The top pick means nothing if you don't hit, it's just a completely wasted season and you spend 2 or 3yrs trying to make it work. Really sets the franchise back.

This year is a deep draft year at positons we need QB,OT,RB,CB and WR..... Yes we need a QB desperately but taking a QB with the number one pick or even in the first round doesn't mean crap if he sucks down the line examples ryan leaf, Demarcus Russell, blaine gabber, josh freeman, johnny manziel, mark sanchez, vince young, matt Leinart, Byron leftwich, david carr, and tim couch are just a few to show that a first round QB who were dominant in college can really suck at the nfl level and could make or break your team.

I am not against us drafting a QB but I am also not against us drafting at another position or trading back and getting a few more pics for this years draft and next years draft. It all depends on what we do during free agency because their are two big QBs who could hit the market Drew Brees & kirk cousins. It also depends on what other free agents we bring in this year to help build our team.

With that being said here are some players I wouldn't mind within the first 2 rounds and I am mostly putting offensive only players up because we need major offensive help.

QB's
    sam darnold usc
    mason Rudolph Oklahoma state
    josh rosen ucla
    luke falk Washington st
    lamar Jackson Louisville
    josh allen Wyoming
    baker Mayfield Oklahoma

OT
    Mike Mcglinchey notre dame 6'8 312 lbs
    Connor Williams texas 6'6 320 lbs
    Orlando brown Oklahoma 6'8 360 lbs
    tre adams Washington 6'8 320lbs

OG
    quenton nelson notre dame 6'5 329 lbs
    tyrone crowder Clemson 6'2 340 lbs

RB
    derrius guice lsu
    saquan barkley penn state
    nick chubb Georgia
    Royce freeman Oregon
    bo scarborough albama 6'3 230 lbs

WR
    james Washington Oklahoma state
    deon cain Clemson
    Christian kirk texas a&m
    calivin ridley Alabama
    Antonio callaway florida
    equanimeous st brown notre dame 6'5
    Auden tate florida 6'5
    Jaylen smith Louisville 6'4

I love the height of the last three receivers we need that big target in our offense.......

CB
    Tavarius McFadden fsu 6'2
    Jaire alexander 5'11
    Adonis alexander Virginia tech 6'3

quarterback or offensive tackle would be my first pick in this years draft can't go wrong at QB with sam dranold, josh rosen, josh allen or even slide back and take lamar Jackson, luke falk, mason Rudolph or baker Mayfield. I also feel you can't go wrong with big Mike GcGlinchey 6'8 312 lbs, connor Williams 6'6 320lbs, Orlando brown 6'8 360 lbs or tre adams Washington 6'8 320 lbs all are big tackles that play tough.
    Last edited by Ldog14; 09-12-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    This. Seriously, having the #1 pick doesn't mean **** unlike some of you guys think. I'm sure it works out in Madden but this is real life and many GREAT QB's get drafted later on. How about Brady or Rodgers or Big Ben or Russell Wilson? Guess what they weren't? #1 picks. The top pick means nothing if you don't hit, it's just a completely wasted season and you spend 2 or 3yrs trying to make it work. Really sets the franchise back.
    Let me get this straight, you would rather draft some other position because you afraid that drafting a QB might set this franchise back. Seriously?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Let me get this straight, you would rather draft some other position because you afraid that drafting a QB might set this franchise back. Seriously?
    Jets need a franchise QB. Does he need to be a superstar? I think that's where the difference in philosophy plays a role. I get what Jazz is saying. If you have any hesitation about a guy and there is an equally good fit for the team at that spot, who do you take?
    It's also the swing and miss potential that is so glaring with the first pick. A bust at that pick is felt and viewed differently from a bust at 10 or 18 or 25.
    As I've said, you can also trade back and allow another team to take that risk and still get a very good option for QB and acquire more picks that will help you fill out the team. That way if your pick stinks, you have extra picks going forward and it softens the blow.

I also get what you are saying. Even if the guy busts, you can still fill in holes and the team will still be bad enough to get a high pick, so you can rebuild through the pain. It's essentially irrelevant if the QB is good or not, you have to take the chance.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Jets need a franchise QB. Does he need to be a superstar? I think that's where the difference in philosophy plays a role. I get what Jazz is saying. If you have any hesitation about a guy and there is an equally good fit for the team at that spot, who do you take?
    It's also the swing and miss potential that is so glaring with the first pick. A bust at that pick is felt and viewed differently from a bust at 10 or 18 or 25.
    As I've said, you can also trade back and allow another team to take that risk and still get a very good option for QB and acquire more picks that will help you fill out the team. That way if your pick stinks, you have extra picks going forward and it softens the blow.

I also get what you are saying. Even if the guy busts, you can still fill in holes and the team will still be bad enough to get a high pick, so you can rebuild through the pain. It's essentially irrelevant if the QB is good or not, you have to take the chance.
    I have said this from the get go too: If you could get say a 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and 2nd next year, and another selection for the #1 overall pick (if you get it), why wouldn't you do it? Let's be honest, the Jets have more holes than swiss cheese; one 1st round pick is not going to solve this teams' problems. Right now, you can argue that the Jets need a QB, RB, WR, TE, O-line, ILB, 3-4 pass rusher, CB. I see too many people who think Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen are going to take the Jets from say 2-14 or 3-13 to 12-4 or 13-3 in 1 or 2 seasons.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have said this from the get go too: If you could get say a 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and 2nd next year, and another selection for the #1 overall pick (if you get it), why wouldn't you do it? Let's be honest, the Jets have more holes than swiss cheese; one 1st round pick is not going to solve this teams' problems. Right now, you can argue that the Jets need a QB, RB, WR, TE, O-line, ILB, 3-4 pass rusher, CB. I see too many people who think Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen are going to take the Jets from say 2-14 or 3-13 to 12-4 or 13-3 in 1 or 2 seasons.
    Yep.
    I'm a bit more optimistic. I think we will have a decent core of CBs at the end of the year. I think the ILB situation will get better. Lee is improving He's quite solid against the run and I think he will improve against the pass.
    I think ASJ and Leggit will be a nice duo at TE.
    I also think we have good WRs but they won't get too much time this year. I think the two rookies are legit and I think that Marshall and Peake will improve and become legit starters. We have kearse who is solid and will hopefully get back Q next year.
    OL I think can be addressed in FA. I think the line improves a bit this year but it won't be outstanding. If we end up with 3 good starters, we can always find a couple FA to compliment that and still draft a couple.

I agree that we need to draft at all the positions mentioned but I don't think they have equal need or urgency.

We can all agree that we need a QB and an RB.
    Here's a scenario, you trade the pick and draft Barkley at RB. You get an extra 2nd round next year (Giving us 3), you get another third and you get a 1rst and 3rd the following year. (A 1rst,2nd,3rd in 18 and a 1rst and 3rd in 19)

That second first round pick could be packaged to move up the next year or traded. Having a first round pick in the bank allows you to make a huge move without giving up too much. You could in 19 give up your 1rst, the first you received and your 2020 first to move up if you wanted.
    I just want mac to be creative and not feel like you have to draft Darnold because that's convention. If you want him, of course take him but if you think the team is better suited acquiring more picks? Do it.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Where exactly did I say that? All I'm saying I'd that the #1 pick isn't an instant path to a Super Bowl or even being relevant like some are suggesting. If you take a QB and he sucks you waste several years trying to prove he was worth it and make it work. Just how it works. If we get the #1 pick great, just saying that it really doesn't matter if we do or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

If the Jets are picking 1st and they trade back, Duff better pack his bag that night because fans will grab pitchforks & torches and storm Florham Park looking for him.

Darnold is as good as Peyton.

That being said, the top 3 QBs this year would probably the #1 pick in past 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Where exactly did I say that? All I'm saying I'd that the #1 pick isn't an instant path to a Super Bowl or even being relevant like some are suggesting. If you take a QB and he sucks you waste several years trying to prove he was worth it and make it work. Just how it works. If we get the #1 pick great, just saying that it really doesn't matter if we do or not.
    The difference between a playoff team/super bowl team and a mediocre team is a franchise QB. The easiest route to getting a franchise QB is picking high in the draft.

As I wrote, Darnold is the best QB prospect I have seen since Peyton.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast