Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The difference between a playoff team/super bowl team and a mediocre team is a franchise QB. The easiest route to getting a franchise QB is picking high in the draft.

As I wrote, Darnold is the best QB prospect I have seen since Peyton.
    Here is the thing though Clay, look at last year's playoffs: Did Kansas City have a franchise QB? How about Cincinnati? Houston? Miami? Dallas started a rookie 4th rounder; is Eli Manning a franchise QB anymore? All of them seem to win 9-13 games without a high level QB.

Indianapolis has their franchise QB; how exactly is that working out for them?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the thing though Clay, look at last year's playoffs: Did Kansas City have a franchise QB? How about Cincinnati? Houston? Miami? Dallas started a rookie 4th rounder; is Eli Manning a franchise QB anymore? All of them seem to win 9-13 games without a high level QB.

How many of those teams you mentioned have won a Super Bowl?

The Colts made the playoffs the first 3 years Luck was in the league. He was the reason why they were in the hunt for their division last year as well. Bringing up Luck is a bad example because the Colts had arguably one of the most incompetent front offices in the NFL trying to build around him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post

Dalton had a QBR of 91.8 last year.
    Smith had a QBR of 91.2
    Prescott was a 4th rounder because of a DUI

Look how bad the Colts are without Luck.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The difference between a playoff team/super bowl team and a mediocre team is a franchise QB. The easiest route to getting a franchise QB is picking high in the draft.

As I wrote, Darnold is the best QB prospect I have seen since Peyton.
    And who exactly pays you for your opinion on draft prospects? And even the guys that do get paid screw up all the time. I'm not sold on Darnold and there is literally no guarantee that he's great. Hell all the experts thought Alex Smith was better than Aaron Rodgers....how's that working out? It's just laughable to me that so many of you guys think if we get Darnold we are set.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    And who exactly pays you for your opinion on draft prospects? And even the guys that do get paid screw up all the time. I'm not sold on Darnold and there is literally no guarantee that he's great. Hell all the experts thought Alex Smith was better than Aaron Rodgers....how's that working out? It's just laughable to me that so many of you guys think if we get Darnold we are set.
    Nothing is a guarantee. There is a lot to like about Darnold's skill set though. He's accurate, has a strong arm, is pretty mobile, is playing in a pro style offense, etc.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-13-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nothing is a guarantee. There is a lot to like about Darnold's skill set though. He's accurate, has a strong arm, is pretty mobile, is playing in a pro style offense, etc.
    Oh I know. There is plenty to like about several of the other prospects too. All I'm trying to say is it's not the end of the world if we don't get the #1 pick and if we do it doesn't mean we instantly turn this franchise around.

Oh I know. There is plenty to like about several of the other prospects too. All I'm trying to say is it's not the end of the world if we don't get the #1 pick and if we do it doesn't mean we instantly turn this franchise around.
    This team needs a franchise QB in the worst way. As great as Harold Landry, Arden Key, Tavarus McFadden, etc are, it would just be more of the same. The Jets building a good defense with no QB and a stale offense. I understand Darnold, Rosen, Allen are not magic wands but one of them could be the difference between being a perennial playoff contender or being just another team.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-14-2017 at 02:39 AM.

This team needs a franchise QB in the worst way. As great as Harold Landry, Arden Key, Tavarus McFadden, etc are, it would just be more of the same. The Jets building a good defense with no QB and a stale offense. I understand Darnold, Rosen, Allen are not magic wands but one of them could be the difference between being a perennial playoff contender or being just another team.
    I'm all for taking a QB and I should have specified QB prospects in my last post. Even if we don't get the #1 or Darnold we still have a chance to get a quality QB. I definitely understand the importance of having a great QB or at the very least competent QB. It's the most important position in all of sports. I'm just not gonna say the sky is falling if we don't end up with the worst record in the league. And I'm not so short sighted to think a rookie QB is gonna save us. We have a LOT of work to do on this roster to really start winning and not crush the kids confidence by not having proper support around him.

9. 09-14-2017, 08:03 AM

No one pays me, and I don't think we are set but it is the step in the right direction with two 2nd rounders and an early 3rd, the Jets would have 4 picks in the top 65. You could reshape your offense with these picks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

As I wrote any of the top 3 QB prospects could have gone #1 the past 5 drafts.

When will the Jets be in the situation again, sucking and having a franchise defining QB there for the taking?

When will the Jets be in the situation again, sucking and having a franchise defining QB there for the taking?
    The way they are going, what does next year's QB class look like lol?

In all seriousness though, the time is now to find a QB. Otherwise its going to be more journeymen and young guys who don't exhibit the faith in potentially being the guy. Petty and Hack are going to play this year. I just hope they show something if they do and it doesnt become a situation where they play themselves out of a top 3 or 4 QB in this draft. Although obviously I want Darnold more than the other guys.

If everything plays out as it should, then I'm drafting Darnold #1. Period. Stop being a bunch of wussies. LOL.

You can always trade back the 1st pick of the second round which is coveted for a small ransom, since teams will be desperate to trade up to get that player that dropped out of the first round. ...And if you don't trade that pick because you got another excellent player that you covet, then there are still opportunities later in the draft to trade down and accumulate more picks or additional picks for next year.

One of you guys used the Ryan Leaf example. Well, in reality you don't want to be the team that trades a Peyton Manning, who is the guy you want, because you could get Leaf, who's your second choice, plus another pick or two.

i see it this way, we have tried getting the QB in the later rounds like many here suggest that the best QBs dont necessary come with the 1st pick and they have sucked!. our team right now sucks and we have no guarantee that with a franchise QB next year will be contenders, but its a step in the right direction, we might not win much next year if we fail on the later rounds drafting positions of need but in a year or 2 we may draft and trade and sign guys that wil make our 1st pick this year worth it. Even if our 1st pick QB is more Eli manning than Tom Brady, we are still better off than the Sanchez, Hacks, Pettys or fitzpatricks of the world

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If everything plays out as it should, then I'm drafting Darnold #1. Period. Stop being a bunch of wussies. LOL.

You can always trade back the 1st pick of the second round which is coveted for a small ransom, since teams will be desperate to trade up to get that player that dropped out of the first round. ...And if you don't trade that pick because you got another excellent player that you covet, then there are still opportunities later in the draft to trade down and accumulate more picks or additional picks for next year.

One of you guys used the Ryan Leaf example. Well, in reality you don't want to be the team that trades a Peyton Manning, who is the guy you want, because you could get Leaf, who's your second choice, plus another pick or two.
    exactly, Lets go Raiders!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast