Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree with that, plus I would add legitimate talent to the argument. I don't think the Jets have talent in certain positions that when the game is on the line, you can depend on them to make a play or things like that. The Jets have a lot of good "complimentary" players, but not a lot of top flight level talent and it goes way beyond the QB position. I don't believe the Jets have anyone on their roster that keeps opposing offensive and defensive coordinators up at night like a lot of teams in the NFL do.
    Agreed. I think that Anderson has some potential as does stewart. I think ASJ could be a guy like that if they used him more.
    Kearse is a really good WR but not a threat. The same goes for Kerley. I think they'd hoed Marshall could be that guy but he may be a lost cause.

Defensively I think our young safeties and Claiborne are solid. I also think our LB core is starting to gel. We still need that pass rush threat but they are playing better and Lee seems to be forging things out.
    Williams is great. Mo had a great game. Aside from that our Dline is meh.
    That's the rub, if you got a true breakout WR, every other WR becomes more dangerous.
    If you had a true number 1 CB, the entire DB squad becomes really dangerous.
    If you had a really good OLB and DE who could get to the QB, everything opens up for the D.

So I'm basically saying that we need a CB, OLB, DE, WR. (And of course some great guys on the Oline and a QB)
    I really think that through FA and the draft all of those positions can be acquired. QB is the looming monster.
    I still hold a whisper of hope for Hack. He seems to be taking things as a challenge . Hopefully he can change and grow. If not, we need hit it big with the draft )or trade back and acquire a number 1 pick that we can stick in the bank until the moment presents itself and we have 2 to trade without trading the future.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I might take Barkley in the first.
    And Mcsorly in the second.

It would be hysterical to draft the kid that took over for Hack, to take his job.

I would never want Barrett as a QB but he is a great football player.

Keep your eyes on their freshman RB Dobbins. The kid is so quick and fast. If he gets a corner, he's getting at least 10.

Ohio state has a bunch of guys on D I'd love. Their front is really stout. Bosa is good.
    They have really contained Barkley.

I may have to take back saying I wouldn't want Barrett as a QB. He can throw the ball from the pocket and do it well. I wouldn't take him in the first but second or third?
    As far as the Heisman goes, he gained significant ground on Barkely.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456