Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1764
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    AJ Green and Julio went top 6 in the same draft. Nobody is picking Courtland Sutton to go top 5, and some don't even have him in top 10.
    Wait until that combine. He's not "well known" and went to a big school.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Rap... let's play a game, just for shts and giggles...

You say Courtland is the next AJ/Julio type. I'll take the opposite. He's JJ Stokes. Now JJ wasn't bad, he just wasn't good.
    What's the game?
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Offseason: Sign JG to a 5 year deal, Bring back Reid. He's the leader of the defense and can play 3 different positions on there, bring back Hyde, Bring back one of Lynch/Tank preferably Lynch.

Go out and get Ziggy, Fuller and Graham in FA. Our receivers, believe it or not, work fairly well in this offense because of Jimmy. Garcon coming back next year would be huge among these guys, also Goodwin seems to be a favorite for Jimmy.

Add Jimmy Graham to the group with Kittle being more of an inline guy, lining Graham up on the outside would be a huge mismatch that we could take advantage of. 3 year deal for him would be ideal.

In the draft, first round I'm taking Nelson, 2nd round going for the best available WR/CB.

I'm also looking to trade Armstead for a 4th round pick.

Jimmy
    Hyde/Breida
    Juice
    Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor/Bourne
    Graham/Kittle/Celek
    Staley/Brown
    Nelson/Garnett
    Kilgore

LEO-Ziggy/Dumerville
    NT-Jones/Mitchell
    DT-Buckner/Blair
    DE-Thomas/Blair
    SSL-Smith/Reid
    MLB-Foster/Coyle
    WLB-Harold/Lynch/Pita
    RCB-Witherspoon/Williams
    LCB-Fuller/Mabin
    FS-Colbert/Ward
    SS-Tartt/Reid

During nickel and dime situations, having Reid on the field is a huge advantage for us. He can line up on TE's and cover them, he's an excellent tackler as well, and he's still very young.

Giving Jimmy a better offensive line, and giving Hyde a better offensive line, is going to equate in a better offense. Add in Graham to the offense, you now have a HUGE redzone target. Something that Goodwin is not. Now you can have guys like Graham/Kittle/Celek/Taylor/Garcon in the redzone at different times...Taylor is so damn quick and just has the IQ needed for redzone situations.

Garcon coming back will help tremendously. Having the possession guy so Goodwin can go back to what he is great at, stretching that defense.

Offense would improve, just by getting healthy and bringing in a mismatch TE.

Defense would be much improved by the offense playing better. Better corner play by bringing in Fuller (Johnson is a complete waste of a roster spot) adding a LEO like Ziggy is a must. He's 28 years old, 2 years ago had a huge season, and just focusing on rushing the passer here? He'll go back to that huge season.

Reid to me is the factor of the defense, bringing him back is so important. I can't stress that enough. He can play SS/FS/Sam and can play linebacker in Nickel Situations and be our 3rd safety type on defense in dime situations.

We don't need to break the bank this coming season as we once thought. Our team is actually put together very well on offense with Jimmy here.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    What's the game?

Let's see it play out... year 1-3. I don't think the niners are taking a WR that early when CB, pass rusher and Oline are more glaring needs. Big WR is a need, more like a cherry on top rather than a core need to improve the team.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Let's see it play out... year 1-3. I don't think the niners are taking a WR that early when CB, pass rusher and Oline are more glaring needs. Big WR is a need, more like a cherry on top rather than a core need to improve the team.
    I agree. I'm up for seeing how it plays out. But if he goes to the Browns you can't hold that against me lol.

I think getting Jimmy Graham would actually be more beneficial than getting a big tall receiver.

He has the best tools, but Landry is the best pure rusher. Key has the most potential.
    Agreed

Laquon Treadwell.
    Not even comparable

Interesting to@PFF_SF49ers: Joe Staley has been PFF's top graded tackle over the last four weeks. #49ers https://t.co/7aR0AGHcnd

m.twitter.com/PFF_SF49ers

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Interesting to@PFF_SF49ers: Joe Staley has been PFF's top graded tackle over the last four weeks. #49ers https://t.co/7aR0AGHcnd

m.twitter.com/PFF_SF49ers

Interesting
    Yeah, he didn't play well when Hoyer was in there, but played very well with Beathard and Garoppolo. I'm not sure if he was dealing with an injury early in the season or what, but he's certainly turned things around. It's good because it makes getting an OT less of a priority this year. They can address the interior offensive line this year and worry about the tackles next year if they want to.

Laquon Treadwell.
    And? I mean, there's a bad comparison for just about everyone coming out. As to where guys were drafted, I mean OBJ went, what, 12th? Corey Davis went 5th and he wasn't a Julio or an AJ. Not sure it matters where guys are projected to go unless you like having your opinion made for you. Sutton was a 1st round guy last year if he declared, he's a 1st rounder this year, so no fall off. If he runs even remotely fast at the combine it's a no brainer.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-27-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Offseason: Sign JG to a 5 year deal, Bring back Reid. He's the leader of the defense and can play 3 different positions on there, bring back Hyde, Bring back one of Lynch/Tank preferably Lynch.

Go out and get Ziggy, Fuller and Graham in FA. Our receivers, believe it or not, work fairly well in this offense because of Jimmy. Garcon coming back next year would be huge among these guys, also Goodwin seems to be a favorite for Jimmy.

Add Jimmy Graham to the group with Kittle being more of an inline guy, lining Graham up on the outside would be a huge mismatch that we could take advantage of. 3 year deal for him would be ideal.

In the draft, first round I'm taking Nelson, 2nd round going for the best available WR/CB.

I'm also looking to trade Armstead for a 4th round pick.

Jimmy
    Hyde/Breida
    Juice
    Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor/Bourne
    Graham/Kittle/Celek
    Staley/Brown
    Nelson/Garnett
    Kilgore

LEO-Ziggy/Dumerville
    NT-Jones/Mitchell
    DT-Buckner/Blair
    DE-Thomas/Blair
    SSL-Smith/Reid
    MLB-Foster/Coyle
    WLB-Harold/Lynch/Pita
    RCB-Witherspoon/Williams
    LCB-Fuller/Mabin
    FS-Colbert/Ward
    SS-Tartt/Reid

During nickel and dime situations, having Reid on the field is a huge advantage for us. He can line up on TE's and cover them, he's an excellent tackler as well, and he's still very young.

Giving Jimmy a better offensive line, and giving Hyde a better offensive line, is going to equate in a better offense. Add in Graham to the offense, you now have a HUGE redzone target. Something that Goodwin is not. Now you can have guys like Graham/Kittle/Celek/Taylor/Garcon in the redzone at different times...Taylor is so damn quick and just has the IQ needed for redzone situations.

Garcon coming back will help tremendously. Having the possession guy so Goodwin can go back to what he is great at, stretching that defense.

Offense would improve, just by getting healthy and bringing in a mismatch TE.

Defense would be much improved by the offense playing better. Better corner play by bringing in Fuller (Johnson is a complete waste of a roster spot) adding a LEO like Ziggy is a must. He's 28 years old, 2 years ago had a huge season, and just focusing on rushing the passer here? He'll go back to that huge season.

Reid to me is the factor of the defense, bringing him back is so important. I can't stress that enough. He can play SS/FS/Sam and can play linebacker in Nickel Situations and be our 3rd safety type on defense in dime situations.

We don't need to break the bank this coming season as we once thought. Our team is actually put together very well on offense with Jimmy here.
    It's always so fun to read someone's well thought out plan. Thank you, rap.

Walter F has us taking Guard Nelson at #8

NFL teams and scouts absolutely love Quenton Nelson. He's viewed as an elite prospect. He's a guard, so he may have trouble being chosen in the top five, though it's not completely impossible. He's viewed as the next Logan Mankins, so I'll be surprised if he's not taken in the initial 10 selections.
    Last edited by SmokeWalker; 12-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Draft Nelson and sign a vet guard.
    Could make a big impact like when we drafted both mike ipatati & Anthony Davis.
    Have plenty of line depth

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    Walter F has us taking Guard Nelson at #8
    Walter Football is stupid. I hate him and his stupid rankings, because he’s an idiot and I hate him because he’s stupid.

But... that’s a good pick, not gonna lie. 👊😉
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

The next “Logan Mankins” sounds good to me.
    Then it won’t matter who the RB is.

Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast