Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Rosen has passed Allen for me. Here's how I now rank them:

1a) Darnold
    1b) Rosen
    3) Allen
    4) Rudolph
    This was always going to be a tough year for Allen. He lost his RB, TE, and one of his favorite WRs to the draft. There is almost no talent around him right now. I don't necessarily want him, just giving reasons for his poor play. Your list is how I see it, but it would be cool if Allen ended up in SF just because Hardly nobody from Wyoming goes anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:31854157
    Rosen has passed Allen for me. Here's how I now rank them:

1a) Darnold
    1b) Rosen
    3) Allen
    4) Rudolph
    Me as well,I wouldn't be surprised if Rudolph passes him up soon. Allen just seems like a huge project right now. He has a huge arm and tons of athleticism but will probably need to sit for a year.

''Sig by Johnle''

I know Bakersfield isn't Shanny's type of Qb, but I think that guy is going to be a hit in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

This is why Walterfootball draft is a complete and total joke.

If San Francisco lands Cousins, it'll need to protect him. Upgrading the woeful right tackle spot will be important, and Trey Adams could eventually slot into the blind side once Joe Staley retires. Adams, who, according to Charlie Campbell in the NFL Draft Hot Press, has been receiving high first-round marks, makes sense at No. 3 overall.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018....TpBXTfyCK8G.99
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

If San Francisco lands Cousins, it'll need to protect him. Upgrading the woeful right tackle spot will be important, and Trey Adams could eventually slot into the blind side once Joe Staley retires. Adams, who, according to Charlie Campbell in the NFL Draft Hot Press, has been receiving high first-round marks, makes sense at No. 3 overall.
    Well, I've seen that kids name as the top OT in some circles (big and athletic would fit what Shanny wants in an OL), and if we address QB and WR in FA that could be an option, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well, I've seen that kids name as the top OT in some circles (big and athletic would fit what Shanny wants in an OL), and if we address QB and WR in FA that could be an option, I guess....
    I'm talking about them saying woeful RT spot. Brown has been pretty damn good

Curious if they wrote that months ago and haven't bothered to update it even though they've made other updates recently.

Ahh well yeah. Brown seems like one of those guys who's just reliable but isn't a big name so people assume we need help there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ahh well yeah. Brown seems like one of those guys who's just reliable but isn't a big name so people assume we need help there.
    I think he could very easily make the move to LT. If our guards can figure it out, or if we can pick up a tackle in the 2nd round next year and move Staley in to guard, draft a Qb, I want nothing to do with Cousins, and get a receiver, we can very well compete for this division next year. Our defense is there.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Curious if they wrote that months ago and haven't bothered to update it even though they've made other updates recently.
    That was my assumption. But even then Brown wasn't woeful.

I am in favor of drafting a replacement for Staley before too long though. If he plays G for a couple years that's fine.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Yeah, he's been bagging on Brown for a while. He clearly doesn't watch the games.

Brown is a very good RT, not sure I'd move him. Staley is under contract for two more years and while he may not be as good as he used to be he is at least average and I don't see him being a liability through the duration of his contract. Meanwhile, in the next couple of years we could draft his replacement and allow him to learn behind Staley for a year or two. This year would be a good year to do it, depending on FA, with quite a few extra early picks we could nab one in the 2nd or 3rd round and won't have to throw him into the fire.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Brown is a very good RT, not sure I'd move him. Staley is under contract for two more years and while he may not be as good as he used to be he is at least average and I don't see him being a liability through the duration of his contract. Meanwhile, in the next couple of years we could draft his replacement and allow him to learn behind Staley for a year or two. This year would be a good year to do it, depending on FA, with quite a few extra early picks we could nab one in the 2nd or 3rd round and won't have to throw him into the fire.
    I wouldn't move Brown over either. Unless they've been grooming him behind the scenes and already see that he's just as capable. I mean he looks like one of the best RTs in all of football. We have a lot of draft capital, and money to spend. We could easily find a Staley replacement in the draft of F.A. I would like to see Joe retire here.

Allen hasn't looked all that sharp but I believe it's due to lack of weapons. I still think he's worth drafting if he's there when we pick. Obviously he should be. He's the number 2 QB for me. I honestly don't trust Darnold. For me it's Rosen, Allen, Darnold, and Falk. I believe with Allen he has to get the Aaron Rodgers treatment. Unfortunately we aren't in a position to do that. If he managaed to get to NE, PIT, or GB then he'd probably flourish.

Pretty much what I've been saying. Take Staley's eventual replacement and put him at LG until Staley is done. Also pick up a G/C to be in competition with Garrett/Tomlinson/Kilgore and the lesser 2 of the 5 make the bench stronger and the drafted T is of course the backup at T.

The other top picks should be QB (or not, depending), WR, and a pass rusher.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots:31860664
    Pretty much what I've been saying. Take Staley's eventual replacement and put him at LG until Staley is done. Also pick up a G/C to be in competition with Garrett/Tomlinson/Kilgore and the lesser 2 of the 5 make the bench stronger and the drafted T is of course the backup at T.

The other top picks should be QB (or not, depending), WR, and a pass rusher.
    I am wouldn't put him at guard, i'd just let him be the backup and have him takeover when he's ready. I'd hope Tomlinson or Garnett could take hold of the LG spot and we can acquire a RG in FA or a mid round pick to compete with Fusco. I haven't read or seen much of anything about how Fusco has played, which is usually a good thing, just watching the games he has seemed solid.
    Last edited by CodeRed; 09-20-2017 at 07:16 PM.

''Sig by Johnle''

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast