Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Williams is the only OT that I would consider taking in the top 10, however, if the plan is to put him at LG for a year or two, they might as well draft Nelson (the best OL prospect by far) and replace Staley next year.
    I just see it as easier to replace a Guard next year than an OT. Especially if we improve enough to not be picking top 10 again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Not taking a dig at you hamburger, but we need to move beyond the past as far as drafting goes. Baalke taking Reid and Ward likely has about .1% relevance to John and Kyle's drafting at this point. Same when people talk about taking another DLman in a row when arguing against taking Key or Chubb. As far as they're going to view it, the draft goes back to last year and the rest is smoke.
    No offense taken.

One of my main points- a good/great edge rusher will have more of an impact than a CB, unless it's a shutdown corner but even then a premier pass rusher would probably still be priority on our team. It boils down to the question of who the better player is between Chubb and Fitzpatrick. I'd take Chubb.

I remember you really liked Ward's skill set at one point. That change? I also agree nobody's job is safe and that CB is a need but IMO keeping Ward, drafting a pass rusher early and going after CB later in the draft makes more sense than letting Ward go, drafting CB rd1 then hoping we can get a good pass rusher rounds 2-6. Heck, if we let Ward go we'll need 2 cornerbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I just see it as easier to replace a Guard next year than an OT. Especially if we improve enough to not be picking top 10 again.
    There likely won't be a guard as that is as good of a prospect as Nelson in next year's class. I get what you are saying though. We shouldn't be picking this high going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    No offense taken.

One of my main points- a good/great edge rusher will have more of an impact than a CB, unless it's a shutdown corner but even then a premier pass rusher would probably still be priority on our team. It boils down to the question of who the better player is between Chubb and Fitzpatrick. I'd take Chubb.

I remember you really liked Ward's skill set at one point. That change? I also agree nobody's job is safe and that CB is a need but IMO keeping Ward, drafting a pass rusher early and going after CB later in the draft makes more sense than letting Ward go, drafting CB rd1 then hoping we can get a good pass rusher rounds 2-6. Heck, if we let Ward go we'll need 2 cornerbacks.
    No, hasn't really changed, its just that we can't really reference having taken a CB or a DLman under Baalke as anything under this regime. People should just try to think of this past draft as a clean start. Anyone good left over like Brown or Buckner are probably safe, but I doubt there are many positions off limits for John and Kyle.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758