Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    1. T. Mcfadden(db) has all tools to be a dominant corner.

2. F. Ragnow(OG/C) Has never allowed a sack. He is exactly who we need. Could easily be a day 1 starter at Center..

3. Ky. White(SS/LB) 6'2 218. Can cover slot, TE and running backs. Can play up on line of scrimmage for run support and can blitz as a pass rusher. Can be a day 1 starter as an OLB.

3. D.Armstrong(DE) 6'4 250. Has speed and power off the edge. Can play run and pass rush. Could be day 1 starter..

4. Ka.White(WR) 6'2 205. Can develop into a #1 WR, but has pitential to be a day 1 starter as #2 WR. Has speed, physical and able to high point the ball and go get it...

5. T. Fumagail(TE) 6'6 250. Has all the tools to be a great compliment to Kittle. Can block and has speed to get vertical with great hands.

6. K.Bosch(OG/C) 6'4 300. Is a balanced blocker and fits the scheme. Great football IQ. Can be a day 1 starter.

It's a guessing game with the 2 7th rd picks. Rather pick up more early picks and just go after undrafted to fill the rest of what we need.

QB- Gorropolo/ Beathard
    RB- Breida/ Crawford(UDFA)/ Mosert
    FB- Juszyck/ Kittle
    Wr1- Garcon/ K.White
    Wr2- Goodwin/ Robinson
    Wr3- Taylor/ G.Gennings(UDFA)
    TE- Kittle/ Hikutini/ Fumagail
    LT- Staley/ Mangunson
    LG- Garnett/ Fusco
    C- Ragnow/ Kilgore
    RG- Bosch/ Fusco
    RT- Brown/ Gilliam

LE- Armstead/ Carradine/ Nwachukwu
    NT- Buckner/ Douzabell/ Jones
    DT- Thomas/ Marks
    RE- Armstrong/ Teoumopena
    SLB- E.Reid/ E.Harold/ Watson
    MLB- Foster/ B.Coyle
    WLB- Ky.White/ E.Lee
    FS- Ward/ Colbert
    SS- Tartt/ Jerome(bring back)
    CB1- Witherspoon/ D.Johnson
    CB2- Mcfadden/ Williams/ Reaser

K- Gould
    P- Pinion
    LS- Nelson
    Ragnow is a projected 3rd or 4th rounder though. I like the idea of getting him alot though.

Whats the deal with Rashaan Evans? He's in like one mock as a first rounder, and I don't see him in any other mocks. Am I missing something? I've read things that have him graded all over the place, the highest being 1st and lowest 4th round. I know the need for a LB isn't very high at all. However if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round I'd love to take him. Him and Foster could be a young Lewis and Sharper.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Whats the deal with Rashaan Evans? He's in like one mock as a first rounder, and I don't see him in any other mocks. Am I missing something? I've read things that have him graded all over the place, the highest being 1st and lowest 4th round. I know the need for a LB isn't very high at all. However if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round I'd love to take him. Him and Foster could be a young Lewis and Sharper.
    I think many speculate that he will more than likely return for his senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Good against the pass. Decent against rushing. Foster would probably be happy with the pick too. I wouldn't mind if we used one of our thirds on him. If he slips that far. LB is a need but G/C, WR, CB and pass rusher are bigger needs. I wouldn't want to use a first or second rounder on a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Good against the pass. Decent against rushing. Foster would probably be happy with the pick too. I wouldn't mind if we used one of our thirds on him. If he slips that far. LB is a need but G/C, WR, CB and pass rusher are bigger needs. I wouldn't want to use a first or second rounder on a LB.
    I agree with all of this. I honestly think he's a 1st rounder. I like him better than any other LB in this draft. If he was to fall to the 2nd round he'd be a must for me. I think the we need to address the first and foremost, but if we are picking in the top 3 we have to grab Barkley. No lineman is really worth a top 5 pick. If Barkley is gone i'd love to see us trade down acquire more picks and select Nelson with the 1st. The more I study Barkley the more and more I really want him here. He reminds me of Clinton Portis quite a bit. So I'd only trade down at this point if Barkley is gone. In the 2nd round I think we really need to consider BPA. We will be picking towards the end of the 2nd round anyways. So I think Evans could be out of reach there, however if he's there in the 2nd i'd take him. I still like Ragnow in the 3rd. There are some people who believe Ridley or Cain could fall the the 3rd round as well. So I guess we will see.

My mock as of this moment

1st Barkley
    2nd Evans
    3rd Ragnow
    3rd Cole/Price
    4th Tyquan Lewis/Lorenzo Carter

Address WR, and CB in F.A. maybe even grab Norwell in F.A. We have a ton of cap space so lets use it up.

My mock is:

1st Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB Alabama
    2nd Mark Andrews, TE Oklahoma
    3rd Dante Pettis, WR Washington
    4th Maea Teuhema, G SE Lousiana
    5th Tyrell Crosby, LT Oregon

Free agent wish list:
    Demarcus Lawrence, DE ($10M)
    Andrew Norwell, G ($11M)
    Sammy Watkins, WR ($8M)

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    My mock is:

1st Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB Alabama
    2nd Mark Andrews, TE Oklahoma
    3rd Dante Pettis, WR Washington
    4th Maea Teuhema, G SE Lousiana
    5th Tyrell Crosby, LT Oregon

Free agent wish list:
    Demarcus Lawrence, DE ($10M)
    Andrew Norwell, G ($11M)
    Sammy Watkins, WR ($8M)
    I think that you are probably underestimating the price tags for Lawrence and Watkins.

Way too early mock draft:

1st - Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State
    2nd - Duke Ejiofor, DE Wake Forest
    3rd - Michael Gallup, WR Colorado State
    3rd - Will Hernendez, OG UTEP
    4th - Kameron Kelly, CB San Diego State

For me, there's so many possible draft scenarios I'd like to see happen. Hopefully it's more clear after FA.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    For me, there's so many possible draft scenarios I'd like to see happen. Hopefully it's more clear after FA.
    The one I just did assumes CB, WR, and interior OL were addressed in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The one I just did assumes CB, WR, and interior OL were addressed in free agency.
    I'm torn between attempting a mock based on optimal FA or one where we get maybe half of the things we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think that you are probably underestimating the price tags for Lawrence and Watkins.
    I just look at what other top DEs are making and use a site's "market value". But you're probably right about Lawrence. He could a $12-14M DE. Watkins, I'm not so sure. $8M is #2 money which is exactly what he's been this year behind Woods and possibly even Kupp. His production doesn't scream big time payday. He's not going to get AJ Green money ($12M). $8M is what receivers like Keenan Allen ($8.6), Marvin Jones ($8.6) and Mohamed Sanu ($7.5). That lower tiered #1 or legitimate #2 money.

Olivier Vernon is the highest paid DE in the league and thats because the Dolphins use their transition tag on him and the Giants put a huge number out there ($16M) that Miami didn't want to match.

Ezekiel Ansah - $12.5M
    Cameron Jordan - $12M
    Michael Bennett - $10.8M
    Calais Campbell - $10.5M

I would put Lawrence in that list at $10-11M. And if he costs more, then scrap the Watson idea and just go with Lawrence and Norwell. I would move Solomon Thomas to the right, next to Buckner and put Lawrence on the left. That could be elite in a year or two. Lawrence will be 26 years old, so he fits into this build.

What do you guys think about Josh Sweat in the third round? A DE with Florida State. Very productive generating pressure and would probably be a first/early second rounder if not for injury concerns. Some people think he might be a one contract player. He had a major injury to his left knee in high school which is hurting his draft stock.

If we just look at his play on the field and his production he would be a steal in the third round. Even if he's only able to play for 4 years would it be worth it? We seriously need a pass rusher and that 4 years could give us time to find another guy. Sweat could also end up playing for 10 years, nobody really knows. I suppose we have great doctors that could look at his knees and make an educated guess as to durability.

If any of you have time take a moment to look at his videos/play and check out his overall grades from draft analysts. Here's a little info from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...her-in-the-acc

Would it be better to go all in and draft a pass rusher early first round in 2018 or 2019? I kinda feel like we'll be drafting mid round in 2019. I have us winning at least 8 games next season if we address the o-line and get Garoppolo some weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    What do you guys think about Josh Sweat in the third round? A DE with Florida State. Very productive generating pressure and would probably be a first/early second rounder if not for injury concerns. Some people think he might be a one contract player. He had a major injury to his left knee in high school which is hurting his draft stock.

If we just look at his play on the field and his production he would be a steal in the third round. Even if he's only able to play for 4 years would it be worth it? We seriously need a pass rusher and that 4 years could give us time to find another guy. Sweat could also end up playing for 10 years, nobody really knows. I suppose we have great doctors that could look at his knees and make an educated guess as to durability.

If any of you have time take a moment to look at his videos/play and check out his overall grades from draft analysts. Here's a little info from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...her-in-the-acc

Would it be better to go all in and draft a pass rusher early first round in 2018 or 2019? I kinda feel like we'll be drafting mid round in 2019. I have us winning at least 8 games next season if we address the o-line and get Garoppolo some weapons.
    Hard to see a team looking to play the rebuild game investing a higher pick on a 4 year career guy, even if he's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I just look at what other top DEs are making and use a site's "market value". But you're probably right about Lawrence. He could a $12-14M DE. Watkins, I'm not so sure. $8M is #2 money which is exactly what he's been this year behind Woods and possibly even Kupp. His production doesn't scream big time payday. He's not going to get AJ Green money ($12M). $8M is what receivers like Keenan Allen ($8.6), Marvin Jones ($8.6) and Mohamed Sanu ($7.5). That lower tiered #1 or legitimate #2 money.

Olivier Vernon is the highest paid DE in the league and thats because the Dolphins use their transition tag on him and the Giants put a huge number out there ($16M) that Miami didn't want to match.

Ezekiel Ansah - $12.5M
    Cameron Jordan - $12M
    Michael Bennett - $10.8M
    Calais Campbell - $10.5M

I would put Lawrence in that list at $10-11M. And if he costs more, then scrap the Watson idea and just go with Lawrence and Norwell. I would move Solomon Thomas to the right, next to Buckner and put Lawrence on the left. That could be elite in a year or two. Lawrence will be 26 years old, so he fits into this build.
    Lawrence leads the NFL in sacks and is hitting free agency in a year that is weak for pass rushers. Ingram signed a deal for $16 mil per year last off-season and I have a hard time believing that Lawrence will be less than $14 mil per year.

As for Sammy, it's not just production, but potential. I think that you might just be looking at 2017 cap hit with some of your numbers, but Keenan Allen's deal was $11.25 mil per year. Doug Baldwin got $11.5 mil per year. Tavon Austin $10.6 mil. AJ Green is $15 mil, not $12 mil.

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast