Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    FWIW, getting Alex Mack really took Shanny's offense forward as well, so have to evaluate Kilgore along the year.

There's a few very good LT prospects in this draft, led by Connor Williams. If we get Cousins, i'd be comfortable drafting a tackle and trading Staley for a 1st/2nd rd pick to use on offensive weapons or guards.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    There's a few very good LT prospects in this draft, led by Connor Williams. If we get Cousins, i'd be comfortable drafting a tackle and trading Staley for a 1st/2nd rd pick to use on offensive weapons or guards.
    I'd personally be shocked if anyone would give a 1st or 2nd for Staley.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nutty:31846138
    I'd personally be shocked if anyone would give a 1st or 2nd for Staley.

I wouldn't, just because there are soooo many bad o-lines out there. It'd have to be a late first but I think second is more likely. A team that feels they could contend but have a sketchy OL might over pay.

''Sig by Johnle''

I wouldn't, just because there are soooo many bad o-lines out there. It'd have to be a late first but I think second is more likely. A team that feels they could contend but have a sketchy OL might over pay.
    I agree with Nutty. Staley is a very good player, but teams are not forking over 1st or 2nd round picks for a 33 year old OT.

I mean, Sam Bradford netted a 1st but that was because of a unique and untimely situation at the QB position for a team. A 2nd is probably a long shot, but even a 3rd would-be a good return.

Personally, it'd be nice to have him be a life long Niner.

What are some interior lineman options in the draft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Even an injury to a LT this year could push a team to make a trade. Giants, Cardinals, and Seahawks are all teams expected to contend with OL problems.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    What are some interior lineman options in the draft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quenton Nelson from Notre Dame is probably the top guard prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I also like Ragnow from Arkansas and Qussenberry from UCLA as options in the 2nd or 3rd. The later would be a nice choice should we get Rosen. Familiarity.

Ragnow has been graded very good playing in the SEC

Both are options as Guard or Center.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 09-11-2017 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I also like Ragnow from Arkansas and Qussenberry from UCLA as options in the 2nd or 3rd. The later would be a nice choice should we get Rosen. Familiarity.

Ragnow has been graded very good playing in the SEC

Both are options as Guard or Center.
    Lol, I can't even keep our own OL straight half the time, let alone college teams. Nice! Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Lol, I can't even keep our own OL straight half the time, let alone college teams. Nice! Thanks guys!

I started looking into guys at halftime sooo yeah.

I am interested in seeing what Tomlinson and possibly Garnett can bring before getting 100% behind taking a Guard early.

Trai Turner is a free agent option that would significantly improve the offensive line as well. If we draft a QB in the 1st, we're going to have a ton of money to upgrade other positions in free agency.

I like Quessenberry too in the 2nd/3rd. I doubt Shanahan/Lynch go higher than the lower 2nd for interior OL.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Trai Turner is a free agent option that would significantly improve the offensive line as well. If we draft a QB in the 1st, we're going to have a ton of money to upgrade other positions in free agency.
    Like R&G said we have to see what Garnett and Tomlinson do for us. If they both look bad then Turner becomes a must. I'm ok with Kilgore at C. Trent Brown looks to be the best RT in Football, or at least one of them.

No one is giving us a 2nd rounder for Staley. If they were he would have been traded last year before the deadline. I would also like to see him stay and retire a 49er. He's still a good LT. He's not elite, or one of the best anymore.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast