Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1764
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I'd keep Fusco because he played quite a bit better than Tomlinson on the year. I don't trust Tomlinson at all, if he somehow beat out Fusco and Garnett then fine. I'd be perfectly fine with cutting bait with Tomlinson now though and resigning Fusco and letting him and Garnett battle it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I guess we just disagree on how those two played. My opinion is that Fusco outplayed Tomlinson the first half of the year, but Tomlinson outplayed Fusco the second half of the year. I'm attributing that to Tomlinson not knowing the system early in the year, but picking it up later. I'm comfortable that we have a starter between either Tomlinson, Garnett, or even Magnuson. I think we just need to add one starter to play opposite whichever one of those guys emerges.

Fusco and Tomlinson are serviceable but I'd give the edge to Fusco as he was a bit more consistent. And Garnett is sort of a wild card... tons of potential but have yet to fully see it from him. And who knows how he will look after missing the entire season and re-shaping his body to fit the mold of the zone blocking scheme. I still say draft a G in the first 3 rounds, a OT later as a project to learn behind Joe and Trent (unless the coaches feel Magnusun is that guy). Re-sign Kilgore as he wasn't too bad and would benefit from better guard play around him (he and Jimmy G have good chemistry too).

As for receiver... while I do agree we don't need a "Big-time" WR like a Dez or a Aj Green. I do believe we need more physicality/size at the position. NFL DB's are getting bigger and stronger all the time and we don't have that "go up and get it" guy. Drafting a guy like Sutton/Scott/etc would help fill that need and give Jimmy G that big target. This need could also be filled by a guy like Jimmy Graham. That is a bit of a stretch... but still I could totally get behind that move. Plus a Jimmy G to Jimmy G connection would be fun lol.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Just a name to throw in the fire... M. Bryant from the steeler is reported to be on the trade block. He shouldnt cost much to trade for. If we can get him for a late round pick and pick up Gabriel our WR core could be really good. And we would have to waste many assets to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    Just a name to throw in the fire... M. Bryant from the steeler is reported to be on the trade block. He shouldnt cost much to trade for. If we can get him for a late round pick and pick up Gabriel our WR core could be really good. And we would have to waste many assets to get better.
    There's a reason why he is on the trade block. He's lazy, has off the field problems, and complains about playing time publicly.

Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

One of the meanest blockers in the entire draft class, don't let the fact that Will Hernandez plays at UTEP turn you away. He has a legitimate chance to be the second or third guard off the board and carries a solid Round 2 grade. Teams that want to improve their toughness and run blocking at guard should be all over Hernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

One of the meanest blockers in the entire draft class, don't let the fact that Will Hernandez plays at UTEP turn you away. He has a legitimate chance to be the second or third guard off the board and carries a solid Round 2 grade. Teams that want to improve their toughness and run blocking at guard should be all over Hernandez.
    Yeah. I like him a lot as a day two option.

Mock Offseason:

Extend Jimmy Garoppolo
    Re-sign Daniel Kilgore
    Re-sign Tank Carradine

Sign Malcolm Butler
    Sign Jimmy Graham
    Sign Donte Moncrief

Draft
    1 - Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame
    2 - Equanimeous St Brown, WR Notre Dame
    3 - Dorance Armstrong, DE Kansas
    3 - James Daniels, C Iowa
    4 - Martez Carter, RB Grambling State

What if we double down on both Guards? Quenton Nelson & Will Hernandez would give line beef, depth and youth for awhile. Need to protect Garapolo, should make any RB look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Mock Offseason:

Extend Jimmy Garoppolo
    Re-sign Daniel Kilgore
    Re-sign Tank Carradine

Sign Malcolm Butler
    Sign Jimmy Graham
    Sign Donte Moncrief

Draft
    1 - Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame
    2 - Equanimeous St Brown, WR Notre Dame
    3 - Dorance Armstrong, DE Kansas
    3 - James Daniels, C Iowa
    4 - Martez Carter, RB Grambling State
    Carter is one of my favorite mid-late round RB's. I'd be stoked if we picked him up. Also, Rashaad Penny from SDSU although I see him moving up and could see someone grabbing him round 2.

WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    Carter is one of my favorite mid-late round RB's. I'd be stoked if we picked him up. Also, Rashaad Penny from SDSU although I see him moving up and could see someone grabbing him round 2.
    I like both of those guys, but not in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    My favorite it still Ito Smith out of Southern Mississippi. If they could grab him in the 4th round, I'd be ecstatic. The guy is a baller. Tremendous exceleration from a stop. Great vision, speed and tough between the tackles. His change of direction is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    My favorite it still Ito Smith out of Southern Mississippi. If they could grab him in the 4th round, I'd be ecstatic. The guy is a baller. Tremendous exceleration from a stop. Great vision, speed and tough between the tackles. His change of direction is amazing.
    I'm not really too familiar with him. But his tape seems legit. Still would be stoked with either Penny or Carter (or hell, even this guy) round 4 or later.

WINNING!

The Broncos requested that Baker Mayfield be placed on their team for the Senior Bowl. That means that they at least have some interest in drafting him with the #5 overall pick.

Mock Draft:

Browns: Josh Rosen
    Giants: Josh Allen
    Colts: Saquon Barkley
    Browns: Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Broncos: Baker Mayfield
    Jets: Sam Darnold
    Tampa Bay: Bradley Chubb
    Bears: Calvin Ridley
    Raiders: Arden Key
    49ers: Quenton Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Mock Draft:

Browns: Josh Rosen
    Giants: Josh Allen
    Colts: Saquon Barkley
    Browns: Minkah Fitzpatrick
    Broncos: Baker Mayfield
    Jets: Sam Darnold
    Tampa Bay: Bradley Chubb
    Bears: Calvin Ridley
    Raiders: Arden Key
    49ers: Quenton Nelson
    I don't think there's any way Allen goes before Darnold. Also don't think Key goes int he top 10. I can see Raiders taking Smith.

The more time goes along, I really hope we don't take guard with our 1st pick. That almost has to be pass rush or corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.