Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Media starting to speculate Andrew Luck could want out of Indy. Would you guys trade something for him? It definitely would cost us a 1st round +. I'm on the fence with this one. He's probably better than any QB we get in the first anyways. However I'm enamored with a true rebuild. Thoughts?
    I've heard the Colts would want multiple 1st rounders for him so its not something I would do. I was never that high on Andrew Luck, and even less so at $23M a year. I'd much rather have Stafford, who is much more established and is only 1 year older than Luck. Or, of course, Cousins, who is also only 1 year older than Luck.

It sounds like Kirk Cousins would be the plan for the 49ers next offseason. I'd be shocked if it weren't. They'd be a competitive team for the next 5 years with Cousins. Somewhere in between, they could draft a QB that can eventually take over in years 6 or 7.
    You much rather have Stafford or Cousins over Luck??

A healthy Luck is a much better QB over both of them by being able to lift a team lacking in overall impact players and still be able to win games unlike the other two. You don't even have to like the guy but just acknowledge he is better, much better. Considering you thought Barnes was important to the Dubs success during our amazing 73 win season and was worried other teams may offer him a poison pill contract to prevent us from matching it when I had told you otherwise, it's no surprise you cannot evaluate talent regardless of the sports and only hope I can help in some way to make you see the light

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    You guys wouldn't do a first-round pick (2018), both second-round picks (2018), a third-round pick (2018), a first-round pick (2019) and another third-round pick (2019) for a 29 year old Andrew Luck? I'm all for a true rebuild, but if you get a chance to trade for a true franchise quarterback in his prime, you've got to take the deal.

Plus the 2018 free agency class is loaded at wide receiver, which would make up for the lack of high picks we'd have with this trade. Sure we'd still have holes, but I think if this were on the table you have to pull the trigger.
    No. For two simple reasons. First, all that draft capital would destroy any chance of building a core. Second, you can't count on a FA class actually hitting FA.
    I have already responded to this rumor on the main forum by willing to do a Mike Ditka offer of our entire draft for next season plus a few high picks the following season if they also include Hilton but it's not a deal breaker. If they accept, I would consider us very fortunate as we just gotten ourselves a bonafide elite QB in the game that may not be available in the upcoming draft, no one with the pedigree of a Luck and being able to bring him back home where he belong!

Time to go all in on this FTW!!!!

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I have already responded to this rumor on the main forum by willing to do a Mike Ditka offer of our entire draft for next season plus a few high picks the following season if they also include Hilton but it's not a deal breaker. If they accept, I would consider us very fortunate as we just gotten ourselves a bonafide elite QB in the game that may not be available in the upcoming draft, no one with the pedigree of a Luck and being able to bring him back home where he belong!

Time to go all in on this FTW!!!!

So, you'd like to continue losing then? Nobody to throw to, nobody to block for him, no draft picks of any value for two years means no talent added and all the money to spend but zero guarantee of any good FAs even being available.

Maybe if we had 2011s roster, but what good is a top level QB with nothing else? That's how you cook up a consistent 7-9/8-8 team at best.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 09-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    So, you'd like to continue losing then? Nobody to throw to, nobody to block for him, no draft picks of any value for two years means no talent added and all the money to spend but zero guarantee of any good FAs even being available.

Maybe if we had 2011s roster, but what good is a top level QB with nothing else? That's how you cook up a consistent 7-9/8-8 team at best.
    The problem is since 2000 teams drafting a quarterback in the 1st round have hit on a franchise guy only about 38% of the time. Personally I'd much rather trade for Luck than take a 38/100 chance on hitting on a franchise quarterback in the first round. And I'm a huge proponent of being patient and building through the draft. Mind you I'm not a fan of signing someone like Kirk Cousins, and in that case would rather take a shot in the draft. But Luck is a different story if the Colts would actually be willing to blow it up (as they should).

We are in a great cap situation this offseason, and have a lot of young talent already. If we can get Luck we should pull the trigger. Otherwise let's be patient and try our luck with a quarterback in hopefully the top 5 in the 2018 draft.

It comes down to investing two seasons worth of high picks for the known commodity versus the 38% chance of striking gold. I believe prime Luck is worth it even at our current state.
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    The problem is since 2000 teams drafting a quarterback in the 1st round have hit on a franchise guy only about 38% of the time. Personally I'd much rather trade for Luck than take a 38/100 chance on hitting on a franchise quarterback in the first round. And I'm a huge proponent of being patient and building through the draft. Mind you I'm not a fan of signing someone like Kirk Cousins, and in that case would rather take a shot in the draft. But Luck is a different story if the Colts would actually be willing to blow it up (as they should).

We are in a great cap situation this offseason, and have a lot of young talent already. If we can get Luck we should pull the trigger. Otherwise let's be patient and try our luck with a quarterback in hopefully the top 5 in the 2018 draft.

It comes down to investing two seasons worth of high picks for the known commodity versus the 38% chance of striking gold. I believe prime Luck is worth it even at our current state.
    Yeah, but again, how do you build a team based on hope that FAs will be there to have? There's rarely any top level guys worth going after.

Even if you miss on a QB, having the rest of the picks and money allows you to continue to build a try again. Trading away a whole draft AND top picks the following year like he proposes? That's suicidal. Nothing against Luck, but he isn't a guy who can carry a team without talent around him. There's only been 2 or 3 of those guys ever, and Luck at 29 and injured several times now (IIRC), that's not a bank breaker to me.

I would give up two first round picks for Andrew Luck. What I would not do is trade an entire draft for him plus other picks as eDush suggested. That's just asinine. If we gave up two first round draft picks, we could still build up a solid team around Luke with our multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd round plus later round picks and free agency. He's an elite QB who still hasn't hit his potential due to injuries and, in my opinion, bad coaching. My guess is that trading for him would cost more than the two 1st round picks that I am willing to give up, so trading for him isn't really an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:31854151
    I would give up two first round picks for Andrew Luck. What I would not do is trade an entire draft for him plus other picks as eDush suggested. That's just asinine. If we gave up two first round draft picks, we could still build up a solid team around Luke with our multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd round plus later round picks and free agency. He's an elite QB who still hasn't hit his potential due to injuries and, in my opinion, bad coaching. My guess is that trading for him would cost more than the two 1st round picks that I am willing to give up, so trading for him isn't really an option.
    I think the plethora of 2nd and 3rds makes it easier to trade 2 1sts. You're definitely right though, it'll cost more than 2. I'm still on the fence as to whether I'd do it or not.

Watching Jax vs Ten, I would love to add Tevin Smith to our LB core.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091:31855028
    Watching Jax vs Ten, I would love to add Tevin Smith to our LB core.
    Him and Foster at MIKE and WILL

''Sig by Johnle''

It's time CJ 🙄

Hopefully we can work out an extension with Aaron Lynch, Carlos Hyde, and Eric Reid. Lynch is our best outside pass rusher, which is something we desperately need, and he's still very young. Reid has fit perfectly in this defense, we do however, have leverage against him because of Jaquiski Tartt also playing well when put in a similar role. But, if we can lock up Reid at a reasonable deal, i'd do it. He's really excelled in his role so far. Hyde has also been a great fit for Shanny and RB's don't get huge contracts nowadays, so his contract shouldn't break the bank but he's worth keeping around.

''Sig by Johnle''

Buckner with 9 pressures. Trent Brown a clean passing game day with PFF.

Two FA WR's to keep an eye on: Jarvis Landry and Davante Adams. The Dolphins just signed Kenny Stills to a pretty big deal and also have Devante Parker at the position. Landry would be a good compliment to Garcon and would provide a playmaking ability we are lacking. GB is notoriously stingy in FA and Adams will likely go to a new team next year. He would provide size that we don't currently have at WR.

''Sig by Johnle''

Tomlinson allowed two hurries, but finished with much better grades than Beadles.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31856802
    Tomlinson allowed two hurries, but finished with much better grades than Beadles.
    It'll be huge, this year and for the future, if he can lock down that LG spot.

''Sig by Johnle''

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast