Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Yes...it is actually abandoning. Even if its a 3 and out, you run the clock when you are up 25. He abandoned the run in the Superbowl.
    That's fine if people want to define it for that game, others could say he was attempting to put a nail in the coffin of a comeback like we used to want Harbaugh to do, but that's not even really relevant to Sunday's game is it? You can't abandon the run when you're behind because you shouldn't be running to begin with. NE passed it 37 times as opposed to 10 runs from the last Atlanta score in the 3rd and that run number is inflated by numerous goal line attempts.

Tank Carradine, highest run defense grade of any edge player in NFL for week 1 according to PFF.

Media starting to speculate Andrew Luck could want out of Indy. Would you guys trade something for him? It definitely would cost us a 1st round +. I'm on the fence with this one. He's probably better than any QB we get in the first anyways. However I'm enamored with a true rebuild. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    That's fine if people want to define it for that game, others could say he was attempting to put a nail in the coffin of a comeback like we used to want Harbaugh to do, but that's not even really relevant to Sunday's game is it? You can't abandon the run when you're behind because you shouldn't be running to begin with. NE passed it 37 times as opposed to 10 runs from the last Atlanta score in the 3rd and that run number is inflated by numerous goal line attempts.
    When up 25, you don't "need" to put the nail in the coffin though. Just run your normal offense that got you to why you are up 25. No need to just pass, passs and pass again.

I don't think it'll be a problem. Just saying they did abandon the run in the superbowl and it was incredibly stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Media starting to speculate Andrew Luck could want out of Indy. Would you guys trade something for him? It definitely would cost us a 1st round +. I'm on the fence with this one. He's probably better than any QB we get in the first anyways. However I'm enamored with a true rebuild. Thoughts?
    Nah. I would love to have Luck, but trading for him would end up bad for us IMO. He's incredibly smart and has a career lined up when football is done. He's made his millions, he can retire at the age of 30, have his health and move on from football.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

When up 25, you don't "need" to put the nail in the coffin though. Just run your normal offense that got you to why you are up 25. No need to just pass, passs and pass again.

I don't think it'll be a problem. Just saying they did abandon the run in the superbowl and it was incredibly stupid.
    Well yeah, but 9 of their 11 last plays wouldn't be when up 25, it would have been when NE was coming back right?

I get where people are coming from and I agree with you that I don't see a long term issue, I just think some of it is alittle revisionist.

Well yeah, but 9 of their 11 last plays wouldn't be when up 25, it would have been when NE was coming back right?

I get where people are coming from and I agree with you that I don't see a long term issue, I just think some of it is alittle revisionist.
    Well go back a little further than that.

Well go back a little further than that.
    I mean, I've looked at the game and I just don't see it at least from the PbyP.

NE scores a TD in the 3rd.

Atl goes pass, run for 1 yard loss then pass and punt. (Attempted run, short series, hard to get a read)

NE then scores a FG, so now even closer.

Atl goes run, run, misguided pass attempt that leads to sack/fumble. Here we agree it was unwise to throw, but could also be trying to nail the win back down.

NE scores quick TD and now game is very close.

Atl goes pass/run/pass/run/pass/pass/punt.

So, like I've said, I can see a small mistake here or there, but I don't see abandoning the run, at least not until it wasn't a rout anymore. They did try to run. A few errors in judgement, to me, isn't "abandoning", it was just a gut call that went wrong. We've all seen those from any coach. If people disagree that's fine, I'm just trying to kind of show where I'm coming from in my process.

I've heard the Colts would want multiple 1st rounders for him so its not something I would do. I was never that high on Andrew Luck, and even less so at $23M a year. I'd much rather have Stafford, who is much more established and is only 1 year older than Luck. Or, of course, Cousins, who is also only 1 year older than Luck.

It sounds like Kirk Cousins would be the plan for the 49ers next offseason. I'd be shocked if it weren't. They'd be a competitive team for the next 5 years with Cousins. Somewhere in between, they could draft a QB that can eventually take over in years 6 or 7.

I mean, I've looked at the game and I just don't see it at least from the PbyP.

NE scores a TD in the 3rd.

Atl goes pass, run for 1 yard loss then pass and punt. (Attempted run, short series, hard to get a read)

NE then scores a FG, so now even closer.

Atl goes run, run, misguided pass attempt that leads to sack/fumble. Here we agree it was unwise to throw, but could also be trying to nail the win back down.

NE scores quick TD and now game is very close.

Atl goes pass/run/pass/run/pass/pass/punt.

So, like I've said, I can see a small mistake here or there, but I don't see abandoning the run, at least not until it wasn't a rout anymore. They did try to run. A few errors in judgement, to me, isn't "abandoning", it was just a gut call that went wrong. We've all seen those from any coach. If people disagree that's fine, I'm just trying to kind of show where I'm coming from in my process.
    It's definitely not chewing clock... looks like clock was an enemy of that Atlanta offense instead of an ally. Kyle knows his mishandled that, you know he mishandled it... it was primarily playcalling but also clock management. Some of the same things that showed up in game 1. That's all. He's a coach that's still learning, both aspects of the game.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Interesting, the last I heard, Harbaugh might be the replacement in Indy... and then the Colts are back immediately.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I've heard the Colts would want multiple 1st rounders for him so its not something I would do. I was never that high on Andrew Luck, and even less so at $23M a year. I'd much rather have Stafford, who is much more established and is only 1 year older than Luck. Or, of course, Cousins, who is also only 1 year older than Luck.

It sounds like Kirk Cousins would be the plan for the 49ers next offseason. I'd be shocked if it weren't. They'd be a competitive team for the next 5 years with Cousins. Somewhere in between, they could draft a QB that can eventually take over in years 6 or 7.

Oh god... If its Stafford or Cousins, my proclamation that the next 5 49ers QB's won touch what Kap accomplished will be easily true. We know Gabbert & Hoyer have failed. Stafford & Cousins I think have combined 1 more playoff win than me!

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    It's definitely not chewing clock... looks like clock was an enemy of that Atlanta offense instead of an ally. Kyle knows his mishandled that, you know he mishandled it... it was primarily playcalling but also clock management. Some of the same things that showed up in game 1. That's all. He's a coach that's still learning, both aspects of the game.
    Passing completions still chew clock, only two in that whole series were incomplete, which equates to about, what, 1:20 not run off? That would have put NEs tying score almost exactly at the end of the game. So again, people may not like the calls, that's fine, but it wasn't as if it hurt them in some catastrophic way like people want it to seem. The only bad call was the pass play that led to the fumble, which happened because Coleman completely missed a free rusher. A fumble could have just as easily happened on a run.

At this point, I'm done going on about it, it was a mistake that pretty much any coach has made, so I what's the point.

You guys wouldn't do a first-round pick (2018), both second-round picks (2018), a third-round pick (2018), a first-round pick (2019) and another third-round pick (2019) for a 29 year old Andrew Luck? I'm all for a true rebuild, but if you get a chance to trade for a true franchise quarterback in his prime, you've got to take the deal.

Plus the 2018 free agency class is loaded at wide receiver, which would make up for the lack of high picks we'd have with this trade. Sure we'd still have holes, but I think if this were on the table you have to pull the trigger.
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    You guys wouldn't do a first-round pick (2018), both second-round picks (2018), a third-round pick (2018), a first-round pick (2019) and another third-round pick (2019) for a 29 year old Andrew Luck? I'm all for a true rebuild, but if you get a chance to trade for a true franchise quarterback in his prime, you've got to take the deal.

Plus the 2018 free agency class is loaded at wide receiver, which would make up for the lack of high picks we'd have with this trade. Sure we'd still have holes, but I think if this were on the table you have to pull the trigger.
    No. For two simple reasons. First, all that draft capital would destroy any chance of building a core. Second, you can't count on a FA class actually hitting FA.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast