Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Yeah but he's already here and I don't mind as much from a #2 WR, I know we have alot of cap space, but I don't want to waste it on guys we "might" get a few good years out of. As others have said, Dez has not had many great years and me personally, I've always seen Sherman as vastly over rated. I see alot more, younger, more promising options both in FA and the draft for both positions for a team looking to build.
    Yeah, I hear ya.

Dez definitely intrigues me. Maybe because I view him as one of those high risk/high reward type things.

I kinda wonder how much Garcon has left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya.

Dez definitely intrigues me. Maybe because I view him as one of those high risk/high reward type things.

I kinda wonder how much Garcon has left in the tank.
    Hopefully enough to help transition to the next corp of younger guys.

GarÁon looks to have about 2 solid years left in him even after the injury. If it was a leg injury I wouldnít be so sure. Dez would be a no in my book because of his attitude. He seems like a guy who will mess up a locker room. Sherman would be ok in my book he fits the scheme well and has about 2 good year left in him as well. I donít mind bringing in aging players with the roster we have because we actually need more vets on this roster. We are 3 guys on defense from being really good(CB, ILB, EDGE) and 3 away from being good on offense(WR, C, RB). If we get some older guys to fill those rolls for a couple years and draft there replacement in the middle rounds then that would only set us up for the future better. Plus the money wouldnít matter because the team is so young by the time we have to resign the young guys to big deals those older guys will already be gone off the books.

We could go into FA with the mind to fill the whole with stop gap players and win now. Just draft there replacements now to take there spots later. Giving us time to evaluate the players before having to actually depend on them because we drafted them high.

RB- Alfred Morris 29 years old which means heís got a 2 years left in the tank to split carries with Breada and Joe (had success with shanny wouldnít be a starter) Also proving a mentor to Breada and Joe. He graded out about the same as Breada and avg 6.4 yard per carry this past season.( I know most donít like him but RB that fit this system arenít on the FA market and drafting high wouldnít make since with Breada and Joe on the roster unless itís Barkley at 9-10)draft a 6th or 7th round guy with the traits shanny likes to take his roll in a couple years would be ideal .

WR- T. Gabriel adding him and a rookie would make the WR core solid. 3rd round guy to complete the WR core would be ideal (had success with shanny) ATL probably doesnít have the money to bring him back so we would make the most since

C- John Sullivan is older but interior lineman normally play well until 34-35 so a good year or two could be had out of him. Draft a guy in the 4th to be his future replacement makes since here. He graded out about 25 point higher than Kilgore and in the top 10 of Cís. (No ties but I figure teams shouldnít be beating down his door)

ILB- we have Smith so drafting a guy would make more since than signing another vet here other than for depth. 2nd rounder makes since here. The only ILB name that jumps out at me is Bowman and I think that chapter closed

CB- TJ Carrie graded out at 84 according to PFF #22 CB graded and is coming from the raiders (he wouldnít have to move and we just got Ken Norton so we have ties to him) heís also 28 which means he will have 3-4 good years in him. Probably still will need a depth player so drafting a guy with the traits we like in the 6th or 7th to develop makes since. Oakland draft a CB last year and still have a Sean Smith on the books which makes Carrie more likely to actually test the market.

Arron Colvin- Jags canít pay everybody so he probably wonít be back with the jags. He graded at 78. He could be a very solid player to come in on Dime formations and as depth. He coming from Jacksonville so we ties to him as well with Saleh. He played CB and NB this year.

Edge- the FA pool is thin at the moment so this is probably where we will need to invest our 1st round pick. Going all in for Ziggy makes since but will he come... probably not.

We could easily get those guys in with the ties we have and the money we have. Of course we have more money to spend so these names could be upgraded with bigger names but I picked these guys because of the ties we have which cuts down on a lot of hope and makes it some what realistic to think could happen.
    Last edited by J_mitch; 01-10-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    We could go into FA with the mind to fill the whole with stop gap players and win now. Just draft there replacements now to take there spots later. Giving us time to evaluate the players before having to actually depend on them because we drafted them high.

RB- Alfred Morris 29 years old which means heís got a 2 years left in the tank to split carries with Breada and Joe (had success with shanny wouldnít be a starter) Also proving a mentor to Breada and Joe. He graded out about the same as Breada and avg 6.4 yard per carry this past season.( I know most donít like him but RB that fit this system arenít on the FA market and drafting high wouldnít make since with Breada and Joe on the roster unless itís Barkley at 9-10)draft a 6th or 7th round guy with the traits shanny likes to take his roll in a couple years would be ideal .

WR- T. Gabriel adding him and a rookie would make the WR core solid. 3rd round guy to complete the WR core would be ideal (had success with shanny) ATL probably doesnít have the money to bring him back so we would make the most since

C- John Sullivan is older but interior lineman normally play well until 34-35 so a good year or two could be had out of him. Draft a guy in the 4th to be his future replacement makes since here. He graded out about 25 point higher than Kilgore and in the top 10 of Cís. (No ties but I figure teams shouldnít be beating down his door)

ILB- we have Smith so drafting a guy would make more since than signing another vet here other than for depth. 2nd rounder makes since here. The only ILB name that jumps out at me is Bowman and I think that chapter closed

CB- TJ Carrie graded out at 84 according to PFF #22 CB graded and is coming from the raiders (he wouldnít have to move and we just got Ken Norton so we have ties to him) heís also 28 which means he will have 3-4 good years in him. Probably still will need a depth player so drafting a guy with the traits we like in the 6th or 7th to develop makes since. Oakland draft a CB last year and still have a Sean Smith on the books which makes Carrie more likely to actually test the market.

Arron Colvin- Jags canít pay everybody so he probably wonít be back with the jags. He graded at 78. He could be a very solid player to come in on Dime formations and as depth. He coming from Jacksonville so we ties to him as well with Saleh. He played CB and NB this year.

Edge- the FA pool is thin at the moment so this is probably where we will need to invest our 1st round pick. Going all in for Ziggy makes since but will he come... probably not.

We could easily get those guys in with the ties we have and the money we have. Of course we have more money to spend so these names could be upgraded with bigger names but I picked these guys because of the ties we have which cuts down on a lot of hope and makes it some what realistic to think could happen.
    T gabriel just makes too much sense to ignore. Shammy brough him from Cleveland to Atlanta and he can be an enticing piece to the offense. Falcons just don't know how to use him properly

Not sure what you mean by that. How so?
    They are both "me first" players. Shanahan and Lynch are trying to build a team with a "team first" mentality. Hence the reason Bowman was shown the door.

Garcon??? He's older and never really had mystique.

Sherman, I just don't care for. Question his effectiveness after his injury.
    Garcon will last longer in the league than a guy like Dez for two reasons: 1) His game is built on excellent route running and intelligence, not size and speed and 2) He is a great locker room guy.

I've seen a bunch of people suggest Colvin, but I don't see him as a realistic option. He's a slot corner and we have a good one in K'Waun. We need another outside corner or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I've seen a bunch of people suggest Colvin, but I don't see him as a realistic option. He's a slot corner and we have a good one in K'Waun. We need another outside corner or two.
    Cant have enough good CBís

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    They are both "me first" players. Shanahan and Lynch are trying to build a team with a "team first" mentality. Hence the reason Bowman was shown the door.
    I think for Bowman, he totally lost a step.

I do think both Sherman and Dez would benefit the team. Although I'm hesitant on either. As I have mentioned before, wouldn't necessarily be against either if they were brought in

I think for Bowman, he totally lost a step.

I do think both Sherman and Dez would benefit the team. Although I'm hesitant on either. As I have mentioned before, wouldn't necessarily be against either if they were brought in
    Bowman certainly lost a step, but they were willing to work with it until he started stirring the pot complaining about his lack of playing time. Dez Bryant will do the same thing if he doesn't get enough targets. He's done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    Cant have enough good CBís
    If your going to invest the type of money that Colvin's market will set, it should be on a CB on the outside since we already have a good slit CB. Colvin will cost more than we are paying K'Waun. Why bring in a backup that costs more than the starter.

Give me Fuller or Johnson at corner in FA. Also, give me Ziggy. Saying he won't come here doesn't make sense. If you give a guy enough money and a team thats on the rise? He will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Give me Fuller or Johnson at corner in FA. Also, give me Ziggy. Saying he won't come here doesn't make sense. If you give a guy enough money and a team thats on the rise? He will come.
    If you're going to pay an arm and a leg for a defensive end, I'd much rather spend that on a guy like Demarcus Lawrence who is younger and still has upside. Ziggy is great, but I think Lawrence has a chance to be as good if not better than Ansah and some would argue Lawrence was better than Ziggy this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    If you're going to pay an arm and a leg for a defensive end, I'd much rather spend that on a guy like Demarcus Lawrence who is younger and still has upside. Ziggy is great, but I think Lawrence has a chance to be as good if not better than Ansah and some would argue Lawrence was better than Ziggy this past season.
    But the thing is, Lawrence isn't going anywhere. If Dallas can't work out a deal, he will likely be franchised.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast