Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 883
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    15,492
    Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    Any chance Bowman comes back now that we are trending up with Jimmy. Also I read Crabtree was rumored to be released this offseason. Both would fill a need but both probably donít have the best taste in there mouth about the franchise
    No and No.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

  2. #782
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    Any chance Bowman comes back now that we are trending up with Jimmy. Also I read Crabtree was rumored to be released this offseason. Both would fill a need but both probably donít have the best taste in there mouth about the franchise
    There is zero chance he's back with the 49ers. His play has drastically declined due to his injuries and age. When the coaching staff tried to scale back his plays to keep him fresh, he started to become a locker room problem. That's why he was released. Shanahan and Lynch nipped it in the bud before it became a large problem.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
    While I agree that drafting another MLB seems counterproductive, he very well could be head and shoulders the highest rated player on the board. My point is, I wouldn't pass on him to fill a bigger need with a less dominant player if that's how Lynch and co grades them out.

    I'd hope that we can land a Leo/CB/WR that grades similarly.
    I would be fine with Roquan, but I also think that there will be a better player on the board who fits a more pressing need due to 3-4 QBs likely going in the top 10.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,981
    Ken Norton Jr hired on as a coach.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ken Norton Jr hired on as a coach.
    Saw that. Assistant head coach and inside linebackers. He should be a good fit since he coached under the same scheme in Seattle.

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,062
    I'm pretty much ok with anything as long as its not a NT. Pick up a huge need? Awesome. Pick a linebacker and make our linebacking core replicate that of Bowman and Willis? Totally good with that as well. I will be ok with any pick except Qb, TE or NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    When targeting Trent Taylor on slant routes, 49ers QBs were 15-15 for 189 yards and a touchdown.

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,202
    So how do you guy rank the teams top 5 biggest offseason needs? I would say CB, C, EDGE, ILB, WR in that order.

    The safeties, Witherspoon, and even the NB Williams played well this year. If we could get another CB to lock down the #2 WR's this defense could be next level good.

    The entire OL looked bad at times but everyone graded out at least average except Kilgore. Plus we get Garnett back at G to compete. If we can get a solid players in the middle of the OL it would help the pass and run grade big time.

    Nothing helps a secondary more that a edge rusher. This would have been first on my list, but we have some guys on the roster that can already get to the QB. We just dont have a 10-12 sack guy.

    ILB is the middle of the defense and we have an absolute beast there already. The problem is we need 2 guys at the position. If we can get another strong player here we would be scary to run against.

    Many people would have this higher on the list, but Jimmy made it look easy with the group we had. He will get Garcon back and have a full offseason to build chemistry with this group. If we add at least one more strong player to the group we could make Jimmy look even better.
    Last edited by J_mitch; 01-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,062
    Biggest need IMO is Edge Rusher/CB. If we fix Edge rusher, it should help with CB. So perhaps Edge rusher is more important. Staley and Jimmy G both had nothing but high praise for Kilgore. JG has even said that the transition was made easier for him because of the knowledge that Kilgore has. He can play better, I will say that his play wasn't great at times, but the poor guard play also affects him as well. Improved guard play will improve his play and vice versa. I don't see us going after a big name center in the draft of FA. But i do see going after someone for depth.

    FA I go very hard after Ziggy. I'm not sure the Lions bring him back, but if we were to get him and draft a corner, perhaps Fitzpatrick falls or Ward/Jackson...Our defense is set for the most part.

    FA should be fun to pay attention to this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  10. #790
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    Top 5 needs:

    1. Edge rusher
    2. CB
    3. C
    4. OG
    5. RB

    These are what I think are our top needs prior to re-signing any of our guys (with exception to Jimmy because he isn't going anywhere). If we were to re-sign Kilgore, for example, then center would move down a little.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,202
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Biggest need IMO is Edge Rusher/CB. If we fix Edge rusher, it should help with CB. So perhaps Edge rusher is more important. Staley and Jimmy G both had nothing but high praise for Kilgore. JG has even said that the transition was made easier for him because of the knowledge that Kilgore has. He can play better, I will say that his play wasn't great at times, but the poor guard play also affects him as well. Improved guard play will improve his play and vice versa. I don't see us going after a big name center in the draft of FA. But i do see going after someone for depth.

    FA I go very hard after Ziggy. I'm not sure the Lions bring him back, but if we were to get him and draft a corner, perhaps Fitzpatrick falls or Ward/Jackson...Our defense is set for the most part.

    FA should be fun to pay attention to this year.
    We both agree on the need at CB and Edge, but would do thing opposite. the top DB's this year are safeties in the the draft. The CB market is pretty Deep this year with solid guys. I was looking at how the FA CB's graded out and about 5-6 came out in the mid 80's (according to PFF). Ziggy is the only good Edge in FA, and Chubb and Key could still be on the board at 9-10. In a dream world we sign Ziggy, Tramaine Johnson, and Jarvis Landry. Then go into the draft and select Roquan Smith.

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,062
    Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    We both agree on the need at CB and Edge, but would do thing opposite. the top DB's this year are safeties in the the draft. The CB market is pretty Deep this year with solid guys. I was looking at how the FA CB's graded out and about 5-6 came out in the mid 80's (according to PFF). Ziggy is the only good Edge in FA, and Chubb and Key could still be on the board at 9-10. In a dream world we sign Ziggy, Tramaine Johnson, and Jarvis Landry. Then go into the draft and select Roquan Smith.
    Honestly, receiver isn't much of a need. We don't need to spend big money there.

    Ziggy and Fuller are my top 2 options to go after this offseason. Re-sign Fusco and Kilgore, Garnett is back, that should be good enough for our oline. We can obviously draft someone too.

    Roquan Smith would be just fine in the draft if we go after Ziggy and Fuller in FA - or take care of those two positions in FA.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,893
    1. Edge Rusher

    Buckner has been winning his matchups. Now if they line up a guy on his outside that can do the same. I'm banking that Solomon Thomas takes a big leap forward next season to solidify that left side along with Earl Mitchell.

    Solution: Sign DeMarcus Lawrence ($16M)

    2. Offensive Guard

    Tomlinson has looked better as the season went on, but I would still like a better option on the left side. Garnett and Fusco can hold down the right guard spot.

    Solution: Sign Andrew Norwell ($11M)

    3. Wide Receiver

    I'm not sure they'll bring Garcon back at $9.5M cap hit, especially after a neck injury. At least I wouldn't. He's 31 years old and there maybe cheaper or similar options out there that can produce just as well. Goodwin has 1 more year. They need a true #1 receiver with prototypical size that can win battles in the redone.

    Solution: Draft Courtland Sutton

    4. Cornerback

    Witherspoon has looked good towards the end of the season, but they still need one opposite of him.

    Solution: Sign Kyle Fuller ($9M)

    5. Outside Linebacker

    Really depends on what they do with Foster. They moved Foster to the WILL and put Coyle in the MIKE. If they move Foster back to the MIKE, then they will need a WILL. I'd also like an upgrade at the SAM as well, but would be willing to give Harold another season.

    Solution: Draft Malik Jefferson (2nd round or try to move back up into the 1st to grab him)

    With a Garoppolo signing, thats about $60M in free agent signings which would leave them plenty of cap space.

  14. #794
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,802
    ^^^There is absolutely no way that Garcon is cut. None! Not only is he a good WR that is perfect for this system and Jimmy's game, but the team would have more dead money by releasing than his cap hit keeping him. Essentially, they would lose cap space by releasing him.

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,981
    Ugh, gonna be a long wait for FA. Getting tired of what if scenarios, wanna get things rolling.

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •