Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The pass rush really needs to show up next week against Seattle's swiss cheese O-line. Buckner looked OK this week. Thomas didn't show up at all, but I think they played him outside waaayyy too much. He's at his best as an interior pass rusher. Dumervil got a little pressure and everyone else struggled. Hopefully Lynch comes back this week, he's our best edge pass rusher.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I watched part of the game yesterday and was not impressed. Hopefully he turns it around before the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I haven't been impressed with Cousins. He puts up great numbers, but wins, playoff wins, franchise QB? Nope.

I'd argue he's the beneficiary of a pass centric league, but I doubt I'd consider him top 10. I mean if the goal is to be perenially competitive then sure, Cousins is the guy. If the goal is to win a superbowl, we should look elsewhere.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    The pass rush really needs to show up next week against Seattle's swiss cheese O-line. Buckner looked OK this week. Thomas didn't show up at all, but I think they played him outside waaayyy too much. He's at his best as an interior pass rusher. Dumervil got a little pressure and everyone else struggled. Hopefully Lynch comes back this week, he's our best edge pass rusher.
    Any reason why he was inactive? I mean you cut the best sack guy in Brooks, and inactivate your 2nd best pass rusher in Lynch... no wonder they didn't sniff Cam.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Lynch was listed as a back issue IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo:31846213
    Any reason why he was inactive? I mean you cut the best sack guy in Brooks, and inactivate your 2nd best pass rusher in Lynch... no wonder they didn't sniff Cam.
    He was hurt...

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I haven't been impressed with Cousins. He puts up great numbers, but wins, playoff wins, franchise QB? Nope.

I'd argue he's the beneficiary of a pass centric league, but I doubt I'd consider him top 10. I mean if the goal is to be perenially competitive then sure, Cousins is the guy. If the goal is to win a superbowl, we should look elsewhere.
    I wasn't watching his game and he didn't look all that special, especially if he's looking for stafford type of money. I'll rather draft a qb next year.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Oh ya, I see us winning 4 games but I want us to win 2 while being very competitive on defense. IMO the offense will look totally different in 2018 and 2019 at o-line, QB and WR. Probably RB as well.
    0-16 with most games within 5 points. After game 1 the 49ers were better other than the mistakes and LG.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

A few of the hosts mentioned this regarding Kyle, and I thought the point was valid enough to post. I personally thought the team was poorly prepared and coached, but nothing specific. (besides penalties and game managing).

They brought up the fact, that Kyle might've been overwhelmed calling plays and managing the game. That Kyle the OC made calls that Kyle the coach didn't want to do. The procedural penalties, delay of game penalties, calling timeout, etc...

I'm only comparing Harbaugh with regards to philosophy and not a coach to coach comparison after game 1. But Jim stressed no turnovers and really loved to play the ball possession game. Kyle's decision to go for in on 2 4th downs in the first half despite the defenses's success allowed a short field for Carolina which resulted in 6 points, and the turnover by Hoyer resulted in another 7. That's the 13-0 halftime score.

I think it'll get better, but there was a hint of Mike Martz with Kyle on Sunday. So confident in his offense, that he's willing to put his defense in jeopardy.

With the way the Seattle Oline played on Sunday, I think there will be a noticeable difference in our pass rush, but Wilson is far more accurate than Cam, so those wide open receivers will be catching passes. The line is 13 or so, the average margin of victory over the past 7 games is somewhere around 20. Seattle returning home coming off a loss. The only way this game is closer is if the Seattle Oline allows for some SF opportunities.

A few of the hosts mentioned this regarding Kyle, and I thought the point was valid enough to post. I personally thought the team was poorly prepared and coached, but nothing specific. (besides penalties and game managing).

They brought up the fact, that Kyle might've been overwhelmed calling plays and managing the game. That Kyle the OC made calls that Kyle the coach didn't want to do. The procedural penalties, delay of game penalties, calling timeout, etc...

I'm only comparing Harbaugh with regards to philosophy and not a coach to coach comparison after game 1. But Jim stressed no turnovers and really loved to play the ball possession game. Kyle's decision to go for in on 2 4th downs in the first half despite the defenses's success allowed a short field for Carolina which resulted in 6 points, and the turnover by Hoyer resulted in another 7. That's the 13-0 halftime score.

I think it'll get better, but there was a hint of Mike Martz with Kyle on Sunday. So confident in his offense, that he's willing to put his defense in jeopardy.
    Good points

If Kyle wants to test the water with gutsy calls, now is when he should, when the whole year is probably going to feel like a testing process. Find out what works and when to do it, and hopefully learn from what doesn't.

I like going for it on 4th and short when across the 50 ALWAYS.

The mistakes have to get better but I don't put that all on Kyle ... right now we don't know that Kyle was the source of any of the confusion.

Clearly they need to make the game seem a bit less chaotic.

Kyle, at the very least, needs a strong offensive mind in the box to REMIND HIM TO RUN THE BALL! I loved his dad as an OC, but he had the same disease for forgetting the run. He got better with Denver, but even there he'd forget about running the ball at times.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Sadly I noticed the same thing on not having the team better prepared to play and surprised it would happen considering his dad Mike would have prepared him better on what needs to be done besides having his coaching genes

Having the team prepared is is the utmost importance and the players will see that instead of being confused on what there assignment are. Most high profile collegiate head coaches has this ability but thats how they earn the players' respect. Treat your players like professionals and it will go along way towards gaining that respect as they will fight for you Kyle

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like going for it on 4th and short when across the 50 ALWAYS.

The mistakes have to get better but I don't put that all on Kyle ... right now we don't know that Kyle was the source of any of the confusion.

Clearly they need to make the game seem a bit less chaotic.

Kyle, at the very least, needs a strong offensive mind in the box to REMIND HIM TO RUN THE BALL! I loved his dad as an OC, but he had the same disease for forgetting the run. He got better with Denver, but even there he'd forget about running the ball at times.

I think the 94 team could've gotten away with it, or the 80's walsh early 90's seifert teams. A team QB'd by Hoyer, that weak Oline, and below average skill positions should be a little smarter. It's amazing how in this league, you just wait for bad teams to beat themselves. Cam was awful in this game, but the 49ers were worse.

Forgetting about running the ball, also happened in the superbowl. He just dumped it like a bad habit in the 2nd half, which is reminiscent of the Superbowl. That's where my take of Mike Martz comes to mind... maniacal genius, or just overly cocky.

I think the 94 team could've gotten away with it, or the 80's walsh early 90's seifert teams. A team QB'd by Hoyer, that weak Oline, and below average skill positions should be a little smarter. It's amazing how in this league, you just wait for bad teams to beat themselves. Cam was awful in this game, but the 49ers were worse.

Forgetting about running the ball, also happened in the superbowl. He just dumped it like a bad habit in the 2nd half, which is reminiscent of the Superbowl. That's where my take of Mike Martz comes to mind... maniacal genius, or just overly cocky.
    You kind of have to abandon the run when down as much as they were in the second half. It was 13-0 at half and then on the first series in the 3rd Kuechley gets an INT that leads to a touchdown. So 20-0 by early 3rd. You can't really run alot when you need quick scores to get back in it.

Even when they did start throwing for most of a series, one drive netted 3 points and the other got down to the 1 yard line, so it wasn't as if it wasn't effective, it just didn't get the end results needed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...fo.htm#all_pbp

What Super Bowl are you referencing? Last years? Because he didn't abandon the run in the Super Bowl.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...tl.htm#all_pbp
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 09-13-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast