Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

2017 In-Season News, General Discussion, Rumors, etc.

Just moving on to a fresh start from the off season thread.

Nice, new thread.

@RapSheet: #Redskins offered Cousins 5 yrs, $110M in May. Allen met with Cousins & his dad. Came back in July -exact same offer

Does he want more?

Those are among the questions in Cousins' mind, and part of the reason why he didn't sign that five-year extension offer worth just under $110 million (which President Bruce Allen said included $53 million fully guaranteed and $72 million in injury guarantees).
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dentical-offer
    Last edited by D1JM; 09-10-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Allen Robinson down for the year with an ACL injury. Throws alittle mud on potentially pursuing him.

Or we could get him cheaper. If that happened we'd still have to have a backup plan in case his injury stunts his play long term.

Sucks for him. He's a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Or we could get him cheaper. If that happened we'd still have to have a backup plan in case his injury stunts his play long term.

Sucks for him. He's a good guy.
    Yeah, seems Jags fans feel he'll be tagged to see one more year to decide on his future there.

Robinson would be a huge get! He's worth a shot imo no matter what. I watch the Jags a lot. For me I think we have the complimentary pieces in place Kittle, Taylor, and Juice. If we add a WR like Robinson, I think our offense would be right where we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Robinson would be a huge get! He's worth a shot imo no matter what. I watch the Jags a lot. For me I think we have the complimentary pieces in place Kittle, Taylor, and Juice. If we add a WR like Robinson, I think our offense would be right where we want it.
    Not without the OL to keep a QB upright.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Does anyone else use tapatalk to post in here? Seems like I'm consistently getting logged off and have to log back in every couple of days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I can't believe there were people in here that thought we were gonna win 8 or 9 games this year 😂... And that's why it was pointless to go after guys like Jeremy Maclin and Eric Decker when they got cut. 4-12 is the ceiling this season, which is great because that'll put us in the 3-7 range in the draft.
    Would you rather have your local WNBA team win a championship this year, or find 5 dollars on the ground? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    I can't believe there were people in here that thought we were gonna win 8 or 9 games this year 😂... And that's why it was pointless to go after guys like Jeremy Maclin and Eric Decker when they got cut. 4-12 is the ceiling this season, which is great because that'll put us in the 3-7 range in the draft.
    IMO 2018 will be the most important draft/free agency for ShanaLynch's 49er careers. If they screw it up we wont have a good team till at least 2020. I'll be judging them in 2018 around week 8. It's way too early right now to judge their 2017 draft.

I have faith that Shanahan will be able to find talent that fits his offense. I also have faith that Lynch will help get some good defensive guys in here. Especially via free agency where he can talk guys into signing here. The money will help but Lynch is also very personable and can explain our defensive goals to players much better than most GM's. He also has more connections for trades compared to Baalke. Although Baalke did OK with WR's. Especially Boldin. (Was that Harbaugh or Baalke?)

Biggest question mark from the 2017 draft as of now is Thomas. I'm not going to judge that till the end of the season. It would be nice if we had an edge rusher 1/2 combo. I want to see how Thomas does with Lynch playing at full strength. Hopefully Buckner will get doubled thus opening things up for Lynch/Thomas.

Oh ya, I see us winning 4 games but I want us to win 2 while being very competitive on defense. IMO the offense will look totally different in 2018 and 2019 at o-line, QB and WR. Probably RB as well.

I don't recall reading any such predictions on this board. CSN site however, did have several fans proclaiming 8+ wins, 10 wins, etc...

I'm not sure why they would think that, unless they though it would a Jim Harbaugh type turnaround which in reality wasn't that much of a turnaround.

I did think 6 wins would've been a good goal, with the team playing much better at the end of the year, than the beginning.

It may seem knee jerk, but the 49ers had every reason to overachieve in game 1, and they fell flat on their face in their home opener. 4 wins max. Possibly less, if Hoyer is afraid to throw it more than 10 yards, or doesn't make it past game 2.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

I mean, we made statements and won in week 1 under Tomsula and Kelly, didn't really matter

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Nice, new thread.

@RapSheet: #Redskins offered Cousins 5 yrs, $110M in May. Allen met with Cousins & his dad. Came back in July -exact same offer

Does he want more?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dentical-offer
    Yes, he's going to want more money than $22 million per year. He's probably gunning for similar money to what Stafford got (5 year, $135 million).

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Yes, he's going to want more money than $22 million per year. He's probably gunning for similar money to what Stafford got (5 year, $135 million).
    I watched part of the game yesterday and was not impressed. Hopefully he turns it around before the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast