Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Mayfield catching a lot of flack for being himself by people who like to pretend they're Jehovah's Witness. Everyone acting fake outraged. Back to the NFL, Im not liking the increase of competition of teams looking for QBs in the draft
    He's not starting because of it and not a captain.
    I get it but it was such a non issue. The fake outrage is stupid.

I would love to get him on the jets

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's not starting because of it and not a captain.
    I get it but it was such a non issue. The fake outrage is stupid.

I would love to get him on the jets
    It all just comes off as a little fake by the coaches. If they really wanna send a message dont play him at all. Bench him for a couple of games. But they rather sit him for a couple series like he honestly cares. Most of the adults associated with college football just come off as Catcher in the Rye phonies

It all just comes off as a little fake by the coaches. If they really wanna send a message dont play him at all. Bench him for a couple of games. But they rather sit him for a couple series like he honestly cares. Most of the adults associated with college football just come off as Catcher in the Rye phonies
    Agreed.
    But they needed to do something and in this case, I do think the punishment fits. I think that not making him captain for the week actually bothered him. I also think that even sitting for a series or two will piss him off.

Nice analogy.
    Caufield is one of the greatest protagonist ever.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Jets are one win from the 4th pick and one win from a playoff spot.
    http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

They are picking 12th.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

They are picking 12th.
    There is some bad football this year

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:31999047

They are picking 12th.
    Best thing for the future is to lose out. No arguing against that.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Best thing for the future is to lose out. No arguing against that.
    I've been saying this since week 1!

Jets are now picking 7th

Jets are now picking 7th
    I'm not happy about it. Rosen and Darnold will be gone by then. Jets would have to trade up to get one of them. A classic Jets case. Too good to get a great draft pick and just bad enough to lose games that keeps us out of the playoffs.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    I'm not happy about it. Rosen and Darnold will be gone by then. Jets would have to trade up to get one of them. A classic Jets case. Too good to get a great draft pick and just bad enough to lose games that keeps us out of the playoffs.
    Have you actually watched Darnold and Rosen play? More than their highlights?
    Did you know that UCLA came back and beat Cal after Darnold got injured and left the game?
    Did you know Rosen had a shoulder injury last year? A concussion this year?
    What do you think of Darnold's run/pass decision making? How about his footwork in the pocket when pressured?
    I'm not saying they won't be successful QBs but there is no consensus overall, number 1 QB pick. Some people put Jackson as the best in the draft with Mason rudolph behind him then Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield.
    The top 5 seem to be constantly- Rudolph, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold, Mayfield. Then you have guys like Allen and Falk
    There are 3-5 guys that will end up being able to lead a team in this group. The Jets can still get a very good QB prospect picking at 7, 17, 27 or 37.

You are spouting out names that you hear and I don't think you've watched the guys very much.

Then they trade up.
    Do you think the Rams and the Eagles regret trading up?

Rosen looks like the best of the bunch. Darnold looks like he is going to be a FQB.

Drafttek's top 9 QB rankings

1 1 -- Sam Darnold
    USC 6'4"
    225 BIO --

2 2 -- Mason Rudolph
    Oklahoma State 6'4"
    235 BIO --

3 7 -3 Josh Rosen
    UCLA 6'3"
    210 BIO --

4 25 +12 Lamar Jackson
    Louisville 6'2"
    205 BIO --

5 39 +4 Josh Allen
    Wyoming 6'5"
    230 BIO --

6 44 +40 Clayton Thorson
    Northwestern 6'4"
    225 BIO --

7 68 -52 Luke Falk
    Washington State 6'3"
    214 BIO --

8 87 +46 Baker Mayfield
    Oklahoma 6'0"
    210 BIO --

9 95 +69 Jarrett Stidham
    Auburn 6'3"

Then they trade up.
    Do you think the Rams and the Eagles regret trading up?

Rosen looks like the best of the bunch. Darnold looks like he is going to be a FQB.
    If you want to trade up, fine. My point was that the future of the team isn't lost because of where we will pick. We can still get a good QB, be it though trading up (I would rather not) or picking a guy like Rudolph, Allen or Mayfield or any of the other guys you posted. (Thanks for posting that. CBS has it Jackson-Rudloph-Rosen-Darnold-Mayfield)

If the Jets fall in love with a QB, where they pick shouldn’t prevent them from getting him.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast