Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Mayfield can ball dude, thats a damn fact. He just keeps lighting it up, if he keeps doing that he may be taken before we even pick!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Im buying into Mayfield.. Hes my top qb on my board.. I also like the kid from NC State a lot.. Both should be there in the 2nd round for us..

Im not sold on Darnold Rosen or Allen, all seem to be projection type qbs which scare me..

I wouldnt mind taking Jackson in the first round and Mayfield in the second cause worse case scenario i see Jackson capable of being a hell of a receiver in the NFL..
    Please dont disrespect him. I know your not but alot of people make it sound like he cant play qb at a high level in the NFL because hes athletic. He's a QB, a pass first QB who happens to have extreme athleticism for the position. His team just happens to suck unlike the other prospects. He runs so much because Louisville literally has no running game.
    Last edited by SoulBrotha; 11-05-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Im buying into Mayfield.. Hes my top qb on my board.. I also like the kid from NC State a lot.. Both should be there in the 2nd round for us..

Im not sold on Darnold Rosen or Allen, all seem to be projection type qbs which scare me..

I wouldnt mind taking Jackson in the first round and Mayfield in the second cause worse case scenario i see Jackson capable of being a hell of a receiver in the NFL..
    I think Rosen will be a bust, never liked him

Luke Falk looked good yesterday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    So everyone's jumping onto the Baker train?
    Ya'll are slow!

Even Parcells would have liked him, according to his rules for drafting a QB-

He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
    He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
    He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasnt ephemeral and that he has lived as "the guy" for some period of time.
    He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.

Mayfield is all of the above.

As i said, while he may not have the size you like, he's still over 6 feet and solidly built. He is spunky as all get out and smart as hell. (Except for that horrible int at the end of the game) He has zero D to bail him out so every game is on him.
    As I said, the kid can throw the ball, after the ball he throw 50 yards in the air from his back foot, he drilled another low and down pass to the sideline under pressure and also off his back foot.

There is zero not to like about him.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Hes short.
    And reminds me of Manziel.

Ill pass until the 3rd/4th round.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Hes short.
    And reminds me of Manziel.

Ill pass until the 3rd/4th round.
    2nd round or trade back into the first.

I agree. I said above he's smaller than people like. He's nothing like Manziel. I would argue that he's the opposite. He's a 3 year starter and senior who has zero off the field issues and calls no attention to himself. He is intellectually and maturity-wise, miles ahead of Mayfield.
    Mayfield had one drunken issue last year but has done zero this year to call negative attention to himself.
    The kid wins with no D

I will say that Darnold looked very sharp last night. I just don't know if he declares. I don't know that Rosen does either

Side note, Giants are bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    2nd round or trade back into the first.

I agree. I said above he's smaller than people like. He's nothing like Manziel. I would argue that he's the opposite. He's a 3 year starter and senior who has zero off the field issues and calls no attention to himself. He is intellectually and maturity-wise, miles ahead of Mayfield.
    Mayfield had one drunken issue last year but has done zero this year to call negative attention to himself.
    The kid wins with no D

I will say that Darnold looked very sharp last night. I just don't know if he declares. I don't know that Rosen does either
    Mayfield was arrested last March.
    And he planted the flag midfield against OSU.
    And this against Baylor.
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...e-forgot-daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mayfield was arrested last March.
    And he planted the flag midfield against OSU.
    And this against Baylor.
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...e-forgot-daddy
    That's the arrest i meant. I was thinking season but said year.
    I have no problem with the other two things. I don't think they are like anything Manziel did. Now if that starts to happen, I will gladly pass till later. But I'd still take him in the second or late first.

Not me.
    3rd or 4th, I would consider it.

QB, Baker Mayfield - - 61, 209 lbs, Senior

Strengths:

Makes all the plays from inside and outside the pocket
    Very efficient when under pressure

Weaknesses:

Can he be great without his top wide receivers
    Tries to make big time throws all the time

QB, Mason Rudolph - - 65, 235 lbs, Senior

Strengths:

A deadly accurate passer downfield
    Handles pressure well

Weaknesses:

Plays in a very simple offense
    Doesnt have a great resume against top defenses
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-06-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Those are fair break downs.

My hopes, in order:

1. Mason Rudolph- I think he will be available toward the early/mid first round. Even though some mocks have him going early I still think folks will fall in love with the Cali QB's come combine time

2. If there is a run on QB's early like I anticipate get a cornerstone tackle

3. Trade up if we believe the QB of the future is there. Even if it takes our 1st, 2nd and a pick next year. Look at the teams that trade up and make their move- Wentz, Goff, Watson. None of them would take back anything.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DRAFT JACKSON- He has bust written all over him. People will fall in love with his measurable and someone will regret taking a stab at him

If the Giants were to release Eli, would you take him for two years and draft a rookie?

It's also looking possible that Luck could be out of Indi.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast