Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Where do I sign?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    There's a draft value chart that is kind of guide for GM's. To move up to number one, we would most likely need to trade next years #1 as well. For Darnold I would absolutely do it, Chart wise, your trade Clay would move us to #3. I'm totally fine with either scenario as long as they love the QB that much. Otherwise, sit tight and I'm pretty confident either Allen or Mayfield will be there at 6.
    I would prefer to sit tight and snag one of the two you mentioned but if they love both Darnold and Rosen and one is there at 3, giving up a 1rst, 2nd and 4rth is well worth it, especially considering we have the extra 2nd round pick.
    I have a feeling this is going to be a bizarre draft.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Hopefully, the first 5 picks aren't QBs and we sit there at #6.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would prefer to sit tight and snag one of the two you mentioned but if they love both Darnold and Rosen and one is there at 3, giving up a 1rst, 2nd and 4rth is well worth it, especially considering we have the extra 2nd round pick.
    I have a feeling this is going to be a bizarre draft.
    I keep going back to the Porzingis draft pick for the Knicks. At the time, it looked like a three player draft and we had the 4th pick. Hopefully that's the case here (don't give me wrong, Mayfield is a known commodity, where Porzingis was an unknown), but if we stay put and get either Allen or Mayfield and they turn out to be franchise QB's, then everyone will be happy...Lord knows we're certainly due for some good luck as a franchise!

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Hopefully, the first 5 picks aren't QBs and we sit there at #6.
    Here's a crazy scenario. Browns like all 4 QBs. They trade the first pick to Buffalo for the 21rst and 25th (I think around there) this year. This years second and a first and second next year.

If I am the Browns, I would definitely think about it. You are still guaranteed a top 4 qb and you get 3 extra first rounders and 2 seconds.

That's why I say we should sit tight. Crazy stuff may happen. What if only one QB is taken and you really like the other 3? Trade back and get more picks. You could feasibly trade back to 11 and be totally safe. You may be able to trade back to 14 because TB, SF, Oak and Bears are not taking a QB and it's unlikely that Miami and Cincinnati are taking one. So you could trade with the Skins at 14 and probably get a top 4 QB and a first round pick next year.

I just don't want to be so glued to one avenue that you miss a possibility to dress a ton of issues and set yourself up fro maneuver up in the draft next year when guys like Hurts and Fromm will enter the draft.

As I said, if you love Darnold or Rosen and Cleveland takes Barkley with the first pick and you want to move up via trade with Indi to get whoever the giants don't take? Great. Do that.

Here's a crazy scenario. Browns like all 4 QBs. They trade the first pick to Buffalo for the 21rst and 25th (I think around there) this year. This years second and a first and second next year.

If I am the Browns, I would definitely think about it. You are still guaranteed a top 4 qb and you get 3 extra first rounders and 2 seconds.

That's why I say we should sit tight. Crazy stuff may happen. What if only one QB is taken and you really like the other 3? Trade back and get more picks. You could feasibly trade back to 11 and be totally safe. You may be able to trade back to 14 because TB, SF, Oak and Bears are not taking a QB and it's unlikely that Miami and Cincinnati are taking one. So you could trade with the Skins at 14 and probably get a top 4 QB and a first round pick next year.

I just don't want to be so glued to one avenue that you miss a possibility to dress a ton of issues and set yourself up fro maneuver up in the draft next year when guys like Hurts and Fromm will enter the draft.

As I said, if you love Darnold or Rosen and Cleveland takes Barkley with the first pick and you want to move up via trade with Indi to get whoever the giants don't take? Great. Do that.
    The Bills would be better suited signing either Smith or Cousins and use the picks to bolster up their weapons. The Jets should not trade back in this draft. This is the draft where you select a franchise QB.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I totally understand the injury concerns regarding Jackson.. The only thing I'll say is that he's stayed very healthy during his time at Louisville, RGlll tore his ACL his sophomore year at Baylor, so there were redflags present when going into the league..

I just think Jackson is worth the risk over Josh Allen at least.. They both have questions surrounding them but the difference is if Jackson is on the field he has a game breaking ability that this league has never seen and teams will never be able to game plan for.. I don't know how long Jacksons career will be but what I do know is that every year he is healthy we will be contenders, if we can get just one Super Bowl the pick was worth it..

Speaking of Allen.. Have you guys seen the list of NFL qbs that threw for 57% or worse in college??

The list is just downright gruesome.. I'm telling you I got a real bad feeling about the kid, one of these guys is not gonna live up to the hype and I really think he's the one.. Accuracy is one of the hardest things to teach, and it's very difficult to succeed in the pros without it..

I really like Mayfield.

Rosen worries me with his attitude and Darnold worries me with his brain and how he handles the ball.

I wonder if Mayfield goes 1. The Browns may view him as a guy who's attitude can change their team. Giants won't take him, they will go with Darnold or Rosen if they take a QB. That's just a feeling.

I really like Mayfield.

Rosen worries me with his attitude and Darnold worries me with his brain and how he handles the ball.

I wonder if Mayfield goes 1. The Browns may view him as a guy who's attitude can change their team. Giants won't take him, they will go with Darnold or Rosen if they take a QB. That's just a feeling.
    I don't think Mayfield is Manzel. But I think having drafted Mazel will lead them away from Rosen and Mayfield. I think they would love Barkley but they won't want to miss out on Darnold.

Then the Giants probably go Rosen as he is seen as the 2nd best prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Speaking of Allen.. Have you guys seen the list of NFL qbs that threw for 57% or worse in college??

The list is just downright gruesome.. I'm telling you I got a real bad feeling about the kid, one of these guys is not gonna live up to the hype and I really think he's the one.. Accuracy is one of the hardest things to teach, and it's very difficult to succeed in the pros without it..
    Brett Farve did, and I believe Marino did also.

I really like Mayfield.

Mayfield will have to learn the pro style offense. Allen, Darnold and Rosen are familiar with that offense.

Any of the 4 would be fine with me.

I really want Darnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Brett Farve did, and I believe Marino did also.
    I will give you Favre, Marino was higher than 57%.. Now go look at all the highly regarded prospects that busted.. The largest common factor between all of the draft busts in recent memory has been poor completion%.. Its the hardest thing to teach..

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I really want Darnold.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast